• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    A relative of mine got one, and i gotta say i'm really impressed, i've taken out a muskrat with one and they are just great. Very quiet, only 1 pump and it sends a projectile 1200 fps! very cool. quiet, accurate and simple. love them

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Wow, I'd love to see a pic of that one.

View attachment 21641

got lucky one day shooting bench rest at 15 yrds, put together an "one hole" group. that's what I dug out, 5 pellets stacked.

View attachment 21642

the battle holds 3000psi of compressed air, custom regulator output is dialed in at around 800psi.

with 16" .22cal barrel, the muzzle velocity of 5.52mm JSB 15.9 grain pellets is around 570 fps.

hitting the steel back stop at 50 yards, that's what they came out.

View attachment 21643

Last edited:

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I only have a couple of Gamo's. Good for fun in the backyard and chipmunk control. One question for you guys....What are some high quality .177 pellet brands out there? I've only seen Crossman and Gamo at the stores. The Crossman's seem a bit more consistent than most of the Gamo pellets...With some of the Gamo pellets it seems every other pellet has a screwed up skirt or a different diameter. Seems to really impact accuracy at 25+ yds

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    @BE Mike.... very nice. Some serious $$ there I would assume. I giggle everytime I watch one of those events and hear those big rifles just "click"...
    Actually one can get started relatively inexpensively as far as target rifles and pistols go. The "ammo" is readily available and not very expensive. Many shooters start out with a single stroke pneumatic pistol, like the IZH-46M and/ or a used SSP air rifle like the many FWB models in the 300 or 600 series. The Crossman Challenger is also an option for an entry level air rifle that used compressed air or CO2 or pre-compressed air. International air pistol or air rifle is very challenging. Most casual shooters (especially those who think shooting a pellet gun is for sissies) who give it a go are usually surprised at the level of difficulty. A lot of NRA bullseye pistol shooters and high power rifle shooters compete in air to sharpen up or keep sharp, as air is a good cross-training activity for those disciplines.

Jammer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I only have a couple of Gamo's. Good for fun in the backyard and chipmunk control. One question for you guys....What are some high quality .177 pellet brands out there? I've only seen Crossman and Gamo at the stores. The Crossman's seem a bit more consistent than most of the Gamo pellets...With some of the Gamo pellets it seems every other pellet has a screwed up skirt or a different diameter. Seems to really impact accuracy at 25+ yds

I picked up a sampler pack from Pyramid of RWS and Diabolo pellets as well as some H&N Match rifle wad-cutters and a chronograph but haven't had time to really test them yet. Scuttle-butt has it that most Gamo's shoot really well with the Diabolo's Heavy and Baracuda's brand too....Crosman are definitely more consistent than the Gamo so far. I've taken 3 ground hogs out with the Crosman Destroyers (head shots) at 20+ yds after "just pissing them off" with common Crosman pointeds the week before...

but Gamo has a new "LETHAL" pellet that might carry more impact (if it flies true)..... look to Pyramid now as the are having a big moving sale on top of their buy-3-get-one-free ammo special.....

go shred some paper!

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I have this coming to me from a buddy as soon as I can meet up with him again. Going to shoot in 10 meter air rifle comps at the hancock county fairgrounds this winter.

Jammer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Actually one can get started relatively inexpensively as far as target rifles and pistols go. The "ammo" is readily available and not very expensive. Many shooters start out with a single stroke pneumatic pistol, like the IZH-46M and/ or a used SSP air rifle like the many FWB models in the 300 or 600 series. The Crossman Challenger is also an option for an entry level air rifle that used compressed air or CO2 or pre-compressed air. International air pistol or air rifle is very challenging. Most casual shooters (especially those who think shooting a pellet gun is for sissies) who give it a go are usually surprised at the level of difficulty. A lot of NRA bullseye pistol shooters and high power rifle shooters compete in air to sharpen up or keep sharp, as air is a good cross-training activity for those disciplines.

TOTALLY AGREE!.....especially the strong springer rifles....I was shocked at how much they buck and jump.....really need to be specific and detailed to your fundamentals. Even made a couple of believers out of my gun-bunny friends that said "hold it tighter you sissy".....lol, ya try that 10 times in a row and show me the target......

(and it wasn't "sissy" :( either)

Jammer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have this coming to me from a buddy as soon as I can meet up with him again. Going to shoot in 10 meter air rifle comps at the hancock county fairgrounds this winter.
    very nice.... I'm interested in the challenge of it (ok, marksmanship in general really), just not ready to make the commitment yet.....I'm trying to foster a new gun habit you guys!....I've already GOT an airgun habit (LOL)

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    TOTALLY AGREE!.....especially the strong springer rifles....I was shocked at how much they buck and jump.....really need to be specific and detailed to your fundamentals. Even made a couple of believers out of my gun-bunny friends that said "hold it tighter you sissy".....lol, ya try that 10 times in a row and show me the target......
    Making 60 good shots with an air pistol using one hand or with an air rifle, standing unsupported, takes some training and ain't for the fainthearted. It is more for those with bulldog tenacity who won't give up.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    With anything I do, I never just dabble in it. I am either all in or not in at all. take a look at my building a cannon thread. Getting a small one fist was just not an option. So when I decided to start trying to improve my marksmanship with airguns, I found what I consider the best bang for the buck to get into the sport.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany

I see where Wal Mart sells this rifle with sights. They have a decent price advertised on their website.

Jammer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Making 60 good shots with an air pistol using one hand or with an air rifle, standing unsupported, takes some training and ain't for the fainthearted. It is more for those with bulldog tenacity who won't give up.

:lmfao:the first week I had my Gamo (yes week) I was a good boy and shot everyday to get my 500-shot break in done....I'm "only" 45 and there was the smell of Absorbine-Jr in the air of my house quite a few nights! My left arm bicep is MUCH STRONGER these days for a right-handed man...... my cousins (the hunters) kept seeing my targets on FB and telling me they'd loan me their lead-sleds or sand-bags to tighten those up and I'm like "Why? then it's not MY skill?....." I chalk it up to the difference between hunters and marksmen....no offense to hunters, and not that I am a marksman (yet)....just an example of different goals/attitude....lol

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    :lmfao:the first week I had my Gamo (yes week) I was a good boy and shot everyday to get my 500-shot break in done....I'm "only" 45 and there was the smell of Absorbine-Jr in the air of my house quite a few nights! My left arm bicep is MUCH STRONGER these days for a right-handed man...... my cousins (the hunters) kept seeing my targets on FB and telling me they'd loan me their lead-sleds or sand-bags to tighten those up and I'm like "Why? then it's not MY skill?....." I chalk it up to the difference between hunters and marksmen....no offense to hunters, and not that I am a marksman (yet)....just an example of different goals/attitude....lol

I agree 100 percent. a leadslead is a crutch for someone who doesn't want to put in the time to learning good fundamentals of marksmanship

Jammer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I agree 100 percent. a leadslead is a crutch for someone who doesn't want to put in the time to learning good fundamentals of marksmanship

question for you IndyGunworks that has puzzled me; I can see the use of a sled or bags (on a "real" rifle) to zero the scope/sights but, by not letting the air rifle "buck" as it will when I infantry hold, isn't that procedure useless to zero-ing an air rifle?

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    I have a Crosman Storm xt that I think has a broken spring. Rattles a bit if i shake it, and accuracy has droped to a large degree.

Any advice on replacement spring or any other advice regarding this?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    In addition to my air rifle weighing over 11 lbs, I have a 5.25 lb lead weight screwed into the handstop rail. 50 hard holding shots from the offhand position really takes a toll on the muscle systems. Of course, the more I practice, the lighter my centerfire match rifle feels and the higher my 200 yard offhand score.

It is fun to see how well you can mechanically make a rifle/ammo combination perform, so sandbags and benches have a place, but I could never stop there. It is far more personally rewarding to develop your skill set to actually hold the rifle. It is meant to be a portable piece of equipment, not an artillery piece. When you shoot well from the offhand, knelling, sitting or prone position with no artificial support, That is YOUR skill displayed on the target. Good or bad, it is a reflection of your riflemanship skills.

Top Bottom