• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    40 FPS is chump change really. If it weren't for your buddies gun, would you not have been 100 percent satisfied?

I guarantee I'd have been satisfied. However, I have a solution. I found that there is a way to pop the plastic lense off the gun's pressure gauge and move the backing so that it reads correctly. We'll fix both guns to match the gauges on the pumps. That way, we both get the full 3000. Then I'll start fine tuning it so that I get as much consistency as possible for 16 shots. I'd love it if I can get an average of 800 feet per second over 16 shots. Right now, it is dropping off pretty quickly because I'm only starting at 2450psi. I'd say there's room for some pretty good improvement. Heck, my brother's gun might gain a few fps, too, since he's at 2900psi, and hasn't done any tuning yet, either.

These darned things are complicated. There are three major adjustments that can be made. They include striker distance, spring preloading, and overall pressure release with each shot. I'll have a Chrony delivered Tuesday, so I'll be giving it a workout.

JJJ

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    If you haven't all ready you should check out the yellow forum if you're interested in airguns. Princpal Skinr you should look at the marauder forum for tuning info. I tuned both of my marauders based on the info on that sight and was very pleased.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    If you haven't all ready you should check out the yellow forum if you're interested in airguns. Princpal Skinr you should look at the marauder forum for tuning info. I tuned both of my marauders based on the info on that sight and was very pleased.

Got it! I subscribed to that forum last night, and you are right, there's TONS of tuning info.

I spoke to Pyramydair.com today, and they said Crosman would send a new pressure gauge. They said the installation is easy.

I can't wait to really dial this thing in and then go knock off some tree rats with it.

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    Big +1 for nitro piston over spring. I have a .22 Benjamin Titan NitroPiston and a Crosman Fury .177 spring piston, and the Benji is so smooth, consistent, and it is a crisper noise. Instead of a long twang, its a sharp pop...and being .22, it won't break the sound barrier, making it even quieter. I did a personal trigger adjustment and it improved the trigger pull like you wouldn't believe. It is basically the same as Charlie DeLaTuna's, but mine was sixty cents instead of thirty dollars :):

I'm still working on my artillery hold. I shot almost daily over the summer, and kinda dropped it as of late...I need more practice for rifle shooting in general. Very inexpensive way to practice the basics!!!

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    My son began shooting in a league, and after next week they will switch to airguns throughout the winter.
    So now I am looking into them a bit... but at this point, we'll see how he does with the loaners.

I am enlightened by some of the info in this thread though... some amazing stuff out of airguns for sure

Jammer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Big +1 for nitro piston over spring. I have a .22 Benjamin Titan NitroPiston and a Crosman Fury .177 spring piston, and the Benji is so smooth, consistent, and it is a crisper noise. Instead of a long twang, its a sharp pop...and being .22, it won't break the sound barrier, making it even quieter. I did a personal trigger adjustment and it improved the trigger pull like you wouldn't believe. It is basically the same as Charlie DeLaTuna's, but mine was sixty cents instead of thirty dollars :):

I'm still working on my artillery hold. I shot almost daily over the summer, and kinda dropped it as of late...I need more practice for rifle shooting in general. Very inexpensive way to practice the basics!!!

after shooting one of the "big" springers all summer, I wish I knew then what I know now....definately worth the money to get a nitro piston and pay for the better triggers..Charlie is da BOMB!

sun

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Connecticut
    I looked long an hard at that daisy until I finally decided to spend the extra money on the crosman challenger because of the adjustable stock. have heard nothing but good things about them. How do you like it?

I like it a lot and haven't had any problems with it. I need a short length of pull anyway so the stock fits me well. It does seem to be heavy to hold with the laminated stock and large 4.5-14X40mm scope on it. But since I only shoot it indoors at 10 meters I'm able to manage holding it fairly steady.

It did cost a lot less than the Challenger which I looked up to see its features. The dual fuel Challenger sure looks like a nice rifle.

Here's another CO2 rifle I have that's a Tech Force 79T. It uses the Daisy/Avanti's CO2 tank and didn't come with one of its own. It sure feels much lighter than the Daisy. It was bargain priced when I bought it years ago, and cost much less $ than the Daisy. Don't ask me how it shoots since I haven't even fired it yet. I put it away, started playing with cheaper springers and pneumatics and sort of forgot all about it. Thanks for giving me a reason to take it out of the closet. :):

P1250872a42_zpsf7b7b0a6.jpg

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    Nice looking rifle!!

I just finished the process of polishing my Marauder's stock down with McGuire's Scratch-X, then putting a coat of Howard's Feed-N-Wax all over it. It has to sit for 20 minutes, then I'll wipe it down again with a dry cloth. I've done this process before to a Henry rifle, and it made it look beautiful. The wood grain really comes alive with the Feed-N-Wax. There's not as much of a pronounced grain to the Marauder stock, but what's there will be more visible. I'll post a couple pics, but they probably won't do it justice.

Top Bottom