• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    IÂ’m not sure why anyone would given the size to capacity ratio of semi autos.

Reliability. Case retention. WonÂ’t go out of battery on the surface. Better club/tool than plastic bug. More ammo choices not affecting shoot ability. Fashionable. Ability driven. Easier to charge. Double strikeable. Action choice control. I am sure I am leaving something out.

To each their own. As a BUG, sure I get it. As a primary carry, no thanks.

MikeHoncho

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2019
    Laurel
    I regularly have a Smith 442 on me. Depending on what I'm wearing usually dictates the need. I have a pocket holster that tucks away pretty well and looks like nothing more than a phone is your pocket at worse.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I have a 1974 vintage model 60 that I use as a BUG with pocket carry. Occasionally, I’ll carry a Colt Detective Special but that one’s a 1965 vintage and it’s more of a keeper than a shooter for me. Either is a great little gun that would answer the call if needed.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    My 642 or LCR, both stoked with 135gr +P Gold Dots, don't get the carry time they deserve! Sometimes we just overthink things!

ckyoursix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Over by there
    S&W 642 for summer carry IWB holster. Taurus 617 for winter in cross draw with bianchi speed strips in both pant pockets loaded with critical defense ammo.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Bob does and exercises it regularly at the Carry gun match. Puts some of the semi-auto guys to shame.

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member / [/FONT]Basic Pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] / RSO[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&amp]"Under pressure, you don't rise to the occasion, you sink to the level of your training. That's why we train so hard" [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Unnamed Navy Seal[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]“Ego is the reason many men do not shoot competition. They don't want to suck in public” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][FONT=&amp]Aron Bright [/FONT]

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    Would like to see more revolver guys show up at carry gun matches. I would even make one five round neutral if there was a commitment by the revolver crowd in advance.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Bob does and exercises it regularly at the Carry gun match. Puts some of the semi-auto guys to shame.

That ain't no joke...I've seen many a semi-auto commando who can't it the dark part of the paper consistently at 12'...wherea the revolver guy has just one ragged hole with 5 shots!

Would like to see more revolver guys show up at carry gun matches. I would even make one five round neutral if there was a commitment by the revolver crowd in advance.

I'm game...and shoot DAO too...that's where the challenge is with revolvers!

I'm in with classic revolver. It’ll be fun.

Classic revolvers...I've seen several old S&W's name (or, rather, numbered) here on this thread...nice to see and hear old-school still alive and kickin'!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars

I’ll play, but not well. I KNOW I suck with my snubby. Haven’t even thrown it in my pocket to take the dogs out since I bought my Shield 2.0.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I do carry a S&W 642...quite often actually. I carry +P ammo, but in all honesty, as essentially a point blank gun, I don't get too caught up over the issue.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I carry a 442 when I'm running and occasionally as a very low-profile AWIB carry. Speed strip in the pocket, Hornady 158s.

I like it. The 158s have a bit of an exaggerated curve to them as I change distances, and pop up pretty high above the front sight at 10 yards or so. Groups also open up fast with distance, and even faster if I pull straight through the trigger instead of staging it for slow fire. So while it's far from useless, I'm acutely aware of how limited my effective range and accuracy is going to be compared to how I can shoot most of my autos.

Top Bottom