• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Sure, just some more than others. The P250 .380 was supposed to be very resistant to limp-wristing malfunctions but I had heard pretty mixed reviews on the Shield EZ from folks who'd put them in truly disabled hands. I don't know what kind of ammo they were using, though. When dad could still kind of rack a slide I loaded his gun with S&B, which unless things have changed was usually a bit hotter then US made bulk .380.

The only problem I have had with S&B ammo are hard primers. MagTech seems to be pretty warm as well and what is in my LCP right now. I would love to see some sort of reliable list of .380 ball ammunition as to what is “hot” and what is not. I know that Winchester white box and brown box has been less then reliably satisfactory in .380.

The Sig and Walther PK380 have both been offerings in the larger poly .380 easy to shoot grandma gun market. But Smith finally took off. The only problem I see with a compromised grip would be the grip safety. A person has to get enough on the gun to deactivate the grip safety. This is a blessing and a curse.

Otherwise it is hard to beat a slicked up 3”-4” steel framed revolver

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    The only problem I have had with S&B ammo are hard primers. MagTech seems to be pretty warm as well and what is in my LCP right now. I would love to see some sort of reliable list of .380 ball ammunition as to what is “hot” and what is not. I know that Winchester white box and brown box has been less then reliably satisfactory in .380.
    I've found Sig Sauer Elite Performance, 100gr, works just fine.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I find it interesting that in this age of 'High Capacity Commandos' that there are so many snub-nosed revolver carriers...and I'm amongst them!

Just because new items have come along, doesn't mean that the older, and sometimes more reliable, methods don't still work!

randyb

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2009
    Generally have a 442 on me when out and about. Loaded with HSTs and a couple speed strips. Easy,accurate, light weight and it works.

sellersdw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Thinking about an LCR, looking for recommendation on going with the 38 or 357 so I have the option to step up. Also, considering the 9mm version just to keep ammo simple. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom