• ...and so much more!
  • ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    I’m a big EDM/Trance/Electronica fan, but that was… something. :lmfao:

I still have loads of CDs of classic/“vintage” trance, but haven’t bought much music in years. I miss CDs, if I’m being frank. Something about knowing I own the physical media. My most recent purchase was Daft Punk’s “Random Access Memories,” which I’ve known of for years but just last month broke down and bought it on iTunes.

Most of my listening in recent years has been via podcasts. Shane54’s “International Departures” is a favorite, as is Solar Stone’s “Pure Trance Radio.” I was a LOOOONG time listener of Above & Beyond, starting back when their show was still “Trance Around The World,” or TATW. Then they changed the show to “Group Therapy,” or ABGT for short. And a few years ago they basically cut it from the full 2hr podcast down to a crappy 20min “highlights” show, with the full show streaming on Spotify or some such. That pissed me off a good bit, but what can you do?

Lots of good recent stuff from the shows though, like Camel Phat, Tinlicker, Jerome Isma-Ae, The Blizzard, etc. Then there’s always the greats, like Armin van Buuren, Ferry Corsten, Solar Stone, Tiesto, etc. I’m gonna dig out my old CD collection tomorrow!

A hidden gem of the early 2000s was a guy who went by DJ DoBoy. He didn’t do much of his own music, but the mixes he put out were amazing. They used to stream his stuff on a website called di.fm which is apparently still around and has an app. But way back when, he would burn you his entire collection for a fee, and I got it. It’s great stuff, some of them can still be found on YouTube if you look!

I didn’t really get into electronic music until around 2010-ish. I vividly remember the first song I heard and being like, “What was that!?”

Ellie Goulding’s Lights (Bassnectar Remix).

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Here’s one of my favorite classics. :)

Oddly enough, I’ve never once been to a club/rave/whatever. Never seen anyone perform live. But the trance/electronica/EDM has always been my favorite genre. I had undertones of it in my early teens, and got “formally” introduced to it at about 15. I’ve been hooked ever since!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom