latigo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Bloomfield
    Did anyone get info to AmryMp? I couldnt PM him

Hello Brothers and Sisters

Franklin #107, Valley of Indpls. Scottish Rite, Terre Haute York Rite, Muruat Shrine, Terre Haute O.E.S., Order of Amarthan Day light Court.

regulator1175

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Warsaw, IN
    Perhaps "they become one" can mean different things for different couples?

I trust my husband implicitly, so I do not need him to tell me every little thing he does. On the flip side, I don't tell him everything, either. Does he need to know my theological reasonings behind choosing a particular song for this Sunday? No. Do I need to know every little thing about the process he went through to become a Mason? No. Do I know that the organization is meant to do good things and form a brotherhood of souls? Yes. Good enough for me.

This has to be one of the best responses I have heard or seen from a spouse of a Mason. I applaud your for your thoughts and views.

regulator1175

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Warsaw, IN
    I am not seeking to debate Masonry, but wish to clarify a few things.

1. Masonry does not claim to be Christian. Its teachings are based on Old Testament scriptures and legends about the building of King Solomon's Temple, but it accepts members from all faiths.

2. It is a fraternal organization and, as such, restricts its membership to men. I am not a member of the women's group at my church. Women are more open in their interactions when there are no men present. Out of respect for their privacy and that special interaction, I will not invade the women's groups. Men are afforded the same thing in Masonry. Maybe you could find the same fellowship in a men's group at your church and, if you do, all well and good. You can haul lumber in any brand of pick-up truck. But if you want exclusively Christian fellowship with church approved theology, go to church.

3. It is my opinion that it is foolish to believe that the Lord's work can be done only through the church. I think that would be like saying only ordained clergy can speak God's truth. I believe the pastor who spoke to Timjoebillybob's uncle was narrow-minded and wrong.

Doug

Well said!

It should be noted that Masonry REQUIRES a belief in a higher power before they seek admission into our order. We do not guide people to religion, and do not teach religion. Those are things that a man must have before he crosses the threshold of Masonry.

Sorry to have bumped an old thread, but I was looking to start a thread asking who may be a brother here, and decided to search first before adding a new topic. There is some great conversation here, and I am proud to see people asking some intelligent questions. The idiocy on some of the posts is depressing, but expected I guess. We just have to realize that there are people out there who don't have and open mind, and are unable to think for themselves.

If there is anyone in my area that is interested or wants to talk about the fraternity, I am always willing to make time for serious conversation. If you have a young man in your family between the ages of 12 and 21, or a young woman between the ages of 10 and 20, there are groups available for them. I can do my best to help in any way.

Matthew McClelland
    Senior Warden Waynedale #739 outside of Fort Wayne
    Asst Chapter Dad of the Fort Wayne DeMolay (Masonic youth group for young men between the ages of 12-21)

Last edited:

E'villeGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Shhhhhhhhh promise not to tell anyone and I'll tell you the biggest secret of Freemasonry.... y'all got to really promise not to tell a soul ,.,,,,, ready???

It's all about the food!! :D

AAAHH YES, the Sisters of the Skillet. Another fine secret society in and of itself. Just joking!

I was raised to the Sublime Degree of Master Mason almost 26 yrs ago by my Father-in-Law who was also Worshipful Master of Lessing Lodge #464, Evansville, IN.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Shhhhhhhhh promise not to tell anyone and I'll tell you the biggest secret of Freemasonry.... y'all got to really promise not to tell a soul ,.,,,,, ready???

It's all about the food!! :D

The Working Tools of the
    knifeandfork3.gif

Knife and Fork Degree​

sti38super

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Seymour
    Masonry is only as strong as the peolpe who make up the lodge. Become a Mason and find out!! We take good men and help them to become better men.

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I can't believe I have not seen this thread before. I was Raised to Master Mason in October 2009. ( 2 of my older cousins and my brother in law helped me along in my journey) On the same night that my father received his 50 year recognition. Pine Village Lodge No. 315.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    i actually just had my EA degree last month. i am looking forward to journeying further into the free and accepted masons fraternity.

I can't believe I have not seen this thread before. I was Raised to Master Mason in October 2009. ( 2 of my older cousins and my brother in law helped me along in my journey) On the same night that my father received his 50 year recognition. Pine Village Lodge No. 315.

I just finally recieved my Master Mason degree this month after my 3 month journey :rockwoot:I am now a proud member of McCulloch lodge 737 in Marion.

Congratulations all.
    This thread started as a question about Freemasonry. I stopped responding when it turned into a flame war with attacks on the various Masonic fraternities.
    If the attacks start again, please remember that Freemasons do not debate the virtues of our craft with the uninitiated. Those who want information can get it; those who just want to argue are best ignored. The strong man need not bluster.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I just found this thread, and am relieved to see that there was one. I knew with the collection of people on here there had to be some Bros. among us. Just checking in from Lynhurst Lodge No. 723

If anyone wants to discuss Masonry, PM me, and I will be glad to have a conversation with you. I do not have any interest in "debating" things, just for people that have interests and don't know where else to turn.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom