• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I do realize that many people I come across don't actually want answers, but rather affirmation that the choices they've made were the right ones.

Boy, and with your snooty, insulting attitude, isn't it funny how you are now lecturing others about their confirmation bias?

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Boy, and with your snooty, insulting attitude, isn't it funny how you are now lecturing others about their confirmation bias?

I'm a long way from your boy but I shoot with eyes wide open and have no need to comb the web for marketing copy to ratify what works and what doesn't. Results stare me in the face first hand.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Marketing copy .... Please ... What I posted were facts and so far you have produced nothing to back up your claim that a 155 Lapua palma is a better bullet that a Sierra 155 palma.. How about the two main things a long range bullet needs it velocity and have a high ballistic coefficient. Your Lapua bullet is lacking with having a much lower coefficient compared to the Sierra. With a less coeifficient bullet you will loose velocity faster along with yaw and with that accuracy will suffer.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Despite my not taking issue with your specific marketing copy I'll note that those are excellent obervations. At this point I'm most interested in the yaw, can you elaborate? We can deal with BC and velocity later.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    I do realize that many people I come across don't actually want answers, but rather affirmation that the choices they've made were the right ones.

And that excuses your never ending string of holier-than-thou, smart-a** replies? No...it doesn't.

Share your knowledge; I've little doubt you are possessed of plenty. Try doing it in a respectful way that doesn't make you come across like an insertable feminine cleansing product.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Lapua has never been economical, no doubt.

Out of the what seven posts you have put up in this thread only one of them was worth posting IMO. And that's not even correct, up until 8 to 10 years ago Lapua products were priced very competitive with other quality components.
    You have posted nothing proving your point anywhere in this thread.
    And no I will not discuss yaw with you,
    You missed you chance to shine.

DocIndy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Mar 30, 2010
    Franklin
    Anybody tried out the 175 TMKs? Sierra claims they're a .545 BC

I see you are also in Franklin. I'm running 168 gr. AMAX with 44 gr. of Varget and my Howa 1500 and getting five shot groups you can cover with a dime. Let me know if you need any assistance with loading. I might have some open boxes of bullets if you want to try a handful before buying a variety.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Sorry I did not see the T in your post. No they do not, they use the standard MK.
    Sierra stock code #2275

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'm a long way from your boy but I shoot with eyes wide open and have no need to comb the web for marketing copy to ratify what works and what doesn't. Results stare me in the face first hand.

Sorry, I was unaware that you have zero interest in either providing actual data and statistics or dispelling your image as an insufferable douchebag.
    Carry on, centurion.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Anybody tried out the 175 TMKs? Sierra claims they're a .545 BC

I've put a couple boxes through a 300 WSM and they are as on the money as I can measure. The 77s are as well.

I haven't put any into any animals so I can't know if they will fall apart like most Sierras, but they definitely sport a more encouraging profile than their predecessors and should appeal to paper punchers.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Sorry, I was unaware that you have zero interest in either providing actual data and statistics or dispelling your image as an insufferable douchebag.
    Carry on, centurion.

I'll dash off an email to someone's marketing department and ask for fresh copy to post, so I can 'prove' my points. Nosler is always good for a laugh so I'll give them first go.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I'll dash off an email to someone's marketing department and ask for fresh copy to post, so I can 'prove' my points. Nosler is always good for a laugh so I'll give them first go.

Right, the world values the opinions of an almost comically pugnacious individual who provides nothing in the way of facts.

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    Nosler hasn't gotten back to me yet, and I elected to abstain from joining in copy/pasting existing advertising that supports my position, so as to soothe hurt feelings.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    asshatbackground12.jpg

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Please stop acting like day care children. If y'all can't be civil, then stop posting. The condescension and insults is overwhelming and un-welcome. I'm looking at YOU "yeah" and "oldpink" :mods:

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    Oh snap!

Anyhoo, ChristianPatriot, I have not tried the 175 tmk's. I do have 30 168 tmk's sitting on the bench looking at me like a hunting dog ready to go to the woods. Just gotta get to the range. I'll let you know how they do. I went with those first, since they are a .535 bc. Yes it's lower, but not much, and I think the velocity gain will more than make up for it. I know I'm being theoretical at this point, so we'll see what the target has to say.

Edit: why is it two of the most impolite and downright rude conversations I have seen on INGO have been in the reloading room? The best we can do is speak in generalities based on our own experiences. Anything more is just egotistical nonsense. How about we report our own results, mingled with some proven science, and let the results speak for themselves. No room for egos among professionals. I know most of us aren't professionals when it comes to this stuff, but there's no sense in making that any more evident with a cat fight. [woobie dismounts soap box, sticks the landing]

Last edited:
    Top Bottom