• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Are you going to run your 60/14 bolt full width?
    Yes. The Dodge is a bit narrower than most (67.5"). The 14 bolt is also 67.5". Fine for a trail Jeep. I also have a set of H2 rims, which have a LOT of backspacing (about 5.5").

So, I will be about 7.5" wider on the axles, but then 2.5" narrower on my rims, for a total of 5" wider. Not all THAT wide, and I should still fit on my trailer.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Yes. The Dodge is a bit narrower than most (67.5"). The 14 bolt is also 67.5". Fine for a trail Jeep. I also have a set of H2 rims, which have a LOT of backspacing (about 5.5").

So, I will be about 7.5" wider on the axles, but then 2.5" narrower on my rims, for a total of 5" wider. Not all THAT wide, and I should still fit on my trailer.

I wonder how much the front hubs will stick out. Drive flanges?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So I was under my jeep last night, and noticed I have an oil leak. It's around the rear main seal, but I'm unsure if it's that, or the valve cover. I cleaned the majority of it with brake cleaner, and I'm going to keep an eye on it.

How bad is it to change the rear main seal? Dealership wants $650 to do it, and I'd like to do it myself if I can.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I'm assuming 4.0L right?

Not a big deal. Drop the oil pan, remove rear main cap, which contains rear main seal. Remove old seal, replace, then put everything back together. Its an afternoon project.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Not a bad job, on a lifted Jeep. Non lifted, like a stock XJ...................it's a PITA.
    Messy. I've done two, won't do another.

Learned long ago on such crap jobs, I can work a Saturday and take a lot of the $ sting out, and not get dirty, letting somebody else do it.

Dirt, rust, getting bloody even.................doesn't bother me.

I've done enough engine/seal work................oily.......................it just p*sses me off anymore.

terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    My original alternator died back in March of 2013 at Badlands, so I had someone put a new one in (they were compensated for doing it in a few ways {like a few drinks and raffle tickets for an event}). Well, this past month, one off road trip took the bearings to make noise. Finally was able to get the efan out of the way and get to working on it. I did have to break the plastic on one side where the efan secures to the header panel support because of a rounded bolt head (even a easy out didn't get it out). I get everything taken off (electrical connections) and the bolts unbolted. Now I can't get the stupid alternator out. At least I did get the thermostat replaced today.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Anyone ever go to silver lake mi to the sand dunes?
    Many times. It is a BLAST.
    attachment.php

jimmyG

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2014
    south Bend
    I have a camper up there for me and my family. I have a sandrail that I race at the drag strip and run the dunes with your right it's a blast

Top Bottom