• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    This is so very true. I don't have a lot of regrets raising my children but I missed the boat on getting my kids into shooting. Now I have a son in the AF who has a little interest but not much skill and a daughter who is basically afraid of guns.

I was very lucky to start my resurgence when I did. My daughter was a senior at Purdue. She wanted to learn to shoot, so I taught her. Now, she is an ER nurse, and her BF gave her a 66 just like the one I have that she loves shooting.

My son is a jr in HS. He has expressed an interest in hunting.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I am an ex Air Force SP. It has been 18 years since I last carried or owned a firearm. December 2012,I decided it was time to get armed again. What is your story. Why now?:patriot:

Similar for me. I got out of the USAF in 2007 as a 21R3 Log Readiness officer. I qual'd M9 and M16 because of my AEF bucket, but never owned my own firearm.

Now I have a Glock 22g4 I just got two weeks ago. I figured I better start an exercise regimen, and exercising my 2nd Amendment rights seemed like the best place to start. My urgency was mostly the result of who is in power and what they want to do.

JH

Sticks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    NE Indy
    My wife and I are in our 50's, and are just now getting into training/ownership. It seemed reasonable to have self defense we were in control of - waiting 10 or more minutes when a bad guy has entered your house doesn't seem like a good idea.

MG77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Purchased my first handgun in 2010 and applied for the lifetime concealed carry permit in 2010. I personally wasn't ready for the responsibility of carrying a firearm in my adolescent years (20's). I grew up around guns and have hunted from the age of 11 but handguns to me were always a little different animal. My younger brother was very influential in my decision, along with the current administration.

ironman870

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    NE
    Dad got me my first 870 when I was 12. I blame the girlfriends brother in law for my handgun addiction now. I bought my p95 1 week after I turned 21. I guess I'm a late bloomer? :D

lowriderjim

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Huntington
    I left the Army in 1978 with 8 1/2 of proud service. At that time I wanted nothing to do with guns.

About ten years ago my ideas changed. I now am armed to protect myself, my family and my property.

When factions of the government talk about limiting my access to guns it also makes it more important to have them.

God bless those members of the government who still support the 2A!

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    no firearms when the kids were in the house, but plenty of airguns and archery equipment, then a few years ago my wife took a full day class my brother in law teaches while out west....both kids are now in college and well the rest is history :)

CADDAC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Westfield
    i but my first high quality handgun. and just can't resist not having it close by. i dont carry every day but i like the fact i have the choice

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I've only been into guns since late 2011. I own several and so does my son. I am still looking for my perfect gun. The search has been a lot of fun.

My dad had a long gun behind most doors on the farm but we were never allowed to touch them or shown how to use them. I dated a boy that had a rifle so I shot it a time or so when I was younger.

Until the last few years I had never really even considered owning a gun. I never thought I needed one. Things have changed. Violent crime has increased in my town. I've had a couple creepy instances in local stores, plus I am frequently in the woods or on the trail by myself. My son has always been interested in guns so it just seemed like it was time to enter the world of guns. Now my son insists that I am addicted.

Hi my name is Gungirl and I am addicted to guns.......;)

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    Obama was enough to get me off my keester and start buying guns again. The wife and I both got our LTCH's and a carry pistol. We both carry everyday and we always have a gun ready to go in the home. Both my boys are trained in how to shoot everything we own.

The last couple years have been crazy around this house.

Wanderer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 31, 2012
    Bloomington
    I've always been interested in weapons and warfare, but due to coming from a fairly left-wing family, I was never permitted to have anything even remotely like a firearm while growing up. Now that I'm in my early 20s this is of course no longer an issue, but only very recently have I actually had the money to start buying guns, ammunition, and other such things. It is an expensive hobby indeed.

MrBlue54

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2012
    LaPorte
    50 and never shot or owned a gun until last December. Now I want more. Still waiting on the LCTH to show up. Hopefully before summer!

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    My mom and dad are not anti gun, but shooting wasn't a big thing in our family. At the age of 16 I became interested in firearms. I went to my lgs almost everyday Saturday just to look at them. When I turned 18 I purchased an AR-15, tried to sneak it in my room, was caught by my dad, and almost had to return it.
    I learned how to hide my next 10 purchases. It sucks hiding them, I can only shoot them when he is working. After I get my safe and show him my grades, which should be pretty good, I will tell him about my collection once my guns are in the safe.

Sierra117

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2013
    lebanon
    I've had a couple shotguns since my late teens..hunted off and on through out the years. Never hand guns, not because I didn't like them just never crossed my mind really. Until my divorce and after my ex wife busted in my front door after i was awarded custody of our son and tried to take him. Several court dates and a restraining order later...I carry everyday...everywhere. My 1911 never leaves my side. I've come to really enjoy collecting and shooting different guns.

Cable

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    I grew up with guns in the house but I never got around getting one for myself. I started taking an interest after taking a travel job in the Flint MI area. A group of my work buds started a dinner conversation about their carry guns and were a bit shocked when I said I didn't have one.

So here I am at age 40 with four new guns purchased in the last four months. Gun buying is habit forming. I'm already eyeing two more for March and April. lol.

I just finished an NRA Basic Pistol course last weekend and scheduling the next one for CCW etc.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Yes, might say I am a late bloomer. Owned shotguns in my youth for hunting. Went off to school in the "big city", moved around with jobs, married, had kids, etc. and definitely got away from guns. After 35yrs finally bought another firearm, a S&W M&P22, last August. Now have multiple handguns and even cleaned up my original 20ga single shot. I am hooked and only thing holding me back is $$$ and availibility of items I want (which is mostly ammo right now).

Last edited:

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I grew up with guns in the house but I never got around getting one for myself. I started taking an interest after taking a travel job in the Flint MI area. A group of my work buds started a dinner conversation about their carry guns and were a bit shocked when I said I didn't have one.

So here I am at age 40 with four new guns purchased in the last four months. Gun buying is habit forming. I'm already eyeing two more for March and April. lol.

I just finished an NRA Basic Pistol course last weekend and scheduling the next one for CCW etc.

Hah, I don't blame you. I grew up in Flint. I has always been a rough town!

Top Bottom