Any talk of Indiana 2A Sanctuary counties or cities yet?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I am familiar with that incident.

It's not 1946 anymore...and they were trying to make sure there was an honest vote count. In Virginia, they are planning to resist what duly elected officials have done.

This needs to be a political protest, not a battle.

That would be my preference.

The men in Athens preferred that as well.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    The guys in Athens succeeded in killing no one. In this present situation, if one law enforcement officer gets killed, or even seriously hurt, that will set back the cause of gun rights further than anything in recent memory.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    They certainly wouldn't have the sympathy of the media. The narrative is set and those defending their rights against unconstitutional laws (even those enacted by duly elected representatives) will receive only negative press because they oppose that narrative. For any real physical resistance to succeed (pray to God it never comes to that), they would have to have the sympathy of the public...absent that, I certainly agree it would be detrimental to the greater 2A cause.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We beat this problem with elections and consequently judges.

We don't beat anything by adopting the practices of our enemies. It only legitimizes their bad actions.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011

We don't beat anything by adopting the practices of our enemies. It only legitimizes their bad actions.

Sorry bwframe, but you've used a really poor example.

McCain and Romney lost. We had to elect a president who played by their rules to get the judges in place.

Edit: And it also took McConnell following Harry Reid's lead on the nuclear option to get those judges into place.

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell

OK. Virginia, California, etc. have all had their elections and their laws have been (or in Va's case likely will be) enacted all legal like...now what? People have to sit there and take unconstitutional infringements?

As time passes, I'll admit I'm one of those growing increasingly frustrated with the docile approach the right has typically chosen to take.

ETA:

And in all of this, I really don't believe 99% of the folks actually would actually turn to violence. Many will say it or threaten it. Virtually all will likely tuck tail and run. Most, I think, will simply ignore and wherever possible circumvent these things...kind of like we're seeing where buy backs and mandatory turn ins have been instituted.

I do think we are at a time where more of us need to stand up and show up...and maybe what we're seeing in Va is the start of that.

Last edited:

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The guys in Athens succeeded in killing no one. In this present situation, if one law enforcement officer gets killed, or even seriously hurt, that will set back the cause of gun rights further than anything in recent memory.
    if there is a fight the sheriff and his deputies would fighting whoever the state could find to disarm people. The optic would be something like LEO killed fighting red coats in Lexington. That can’t possibly help the gun ban agenda. Hopefully black-face-infantcide northram wont go there

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    OK. Virginia, California, etc. have all had their elections and their laws have been (or in Va's case likely will be) enacted all legal like...now what? People have to sit there and take unconstitutional infringements?

As time passes, I'll admit I'm one of those growing increasingly frustrated with the docile approach the right has typically chosen to take.

ETA:

And in all of this, I really don't believe 99% of the folks actually would actually turn to violence. Many will say it or threaten it. Virtually all will likely tuck tail and run. Most, I think, will simply ignore and wherever possible circumvent these things...kind of like we're seeing where buy backs and mandatory turn ins have been instituted.

I do think we are at a time where more of us need to stand up and show up...and maybe what we're seeing in Va is the start of that.

I hate to say it, but those people elected who they elected. It's their fight to start with anyway. Hopefully, this will be a lesson to them, other states like them and even to us about what can happen when you let the urban dem/liberals overtake?

In my mind, they need to see the results of their actions, before any free state "cavalries" ride in to save their day. Again hopefully, they solve their own mess before it turns into a nationwide mess.

What would you have "the right" do?

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    What would you have "the right" do?

I think they're doing it. I have no problem with anything I've seen them do. Turning up the heat so their government will see the light? It's a tried and true practice.

I've asked the question before: how many of these people now so agitated they're showing up, speaking up, and getting involved, sat home the last election or voted for democrats because of other than 2A reasons? In 2 years, will there be enough of them still motivated to show up and reverse that election? I've also wondered because we're already seeing some of the rhetoric about confiscation die down in favor of registration, will these people be placated by the illusion of half-victories and standby and let them do most of what they're proposing? I hope not. I'm in favor of more activism. It's worked for the other side, on many issues.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    As a method to apply political pressure- it may be a sound strategy.

As an actual strategy to combat enforcement of the law...not so much.

Seems to be working pretty well for the latter, for illegal alien sanctuary cities.

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    Believe it or not the LaPorte County Board of Commissioners is all Republicans or they have a significant majority. There are anti-gunners in both parties
    You are correct,it was 2 R's and a D. Mrozinski (R),and a NRA member was out of town when it was floated, but I am sure he had his fingerprints on it also.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I hate to say it, but those people elected who they elected. It's their fight to start with anyway.

I've been saying the same thing... they are the ones sitting on their asses, not getting people to register vote, not showing up at the polls. Folks can scream illegal voters all they want, but that doesn't change the fact that half our folks of legal voting age...don't.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I've been saying the same thing... they are the ones sitting on their asses, not getting people to register vote, not showing up at the polls. Folks can scream illegal voters all they want, but that doesn't change the fact that half our folks of legal voting age...don't.

Preachin to the choir, brother. Good to see you around here again.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    About Virginia. It wasn’t turned blue because Republicans/2A supporting people are sitting on their asses. It’s happening because of the influx of Democrats into the state from Washington DC, and the political government machine.

Urban sprawl: 2015 compared with 2019.

virginia-Artboard_1.png

The captions didn’t show up in the graphic. Here’s a link to the article I got it from. It’s behind a paywall. But if you’re on your phone you can get past it by turning on your browser’s reader view. At least that works on my iPhone.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/09/us/virginia-elections-democrats-republicans.html

Attachments

• virginia-Artboard_1.jpg
      virginia-Artboard_1.jpg
      70.4 KB · Views: 6
    Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I was listening to Tom Greshom's podcast today they were talking about folks registered to vote. Whomever he was talking to said something like over half of NRA members were not registered to vote. They then extrapolated (obviously at the risk of serious statisitcal error) that this might extend to gun owners in general and possibly also to Virginia gun owners...and one of the reasons they find themselves in this predicament now.

I get it that "we have jobs" and we this is why we suck at activism, showing up and speaking up at council and committee meetings, etc. But if you won't even show up, even to select the proverbial lesser of two evils, then they do deserve the government they vote for (or don't).

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    Wait the politically powerful NRA didn’t stop the VA blue takeover?

I have been informed on INGO many times about how the NRA is the only thing between me and communists.
    Any opposition to the NRA would be crushed by the organization anti gunners don’t stand a chance with Wayne and his boy’s fighting them.

Good thing the NRA isn’t based out of VA that would be really embarrassing!

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Wait the politically powerful NRA didnÂ’t stop the VA blue takeover?

I have been informed on INGO many times about how the NRA is the only thing between me and communists.
    Any opposition to the NRA would be crushed by the organization anti gunners donÂ’t stand a chance with Wayne and his boyÂ’s fighting them.

Good thing the NRA isnÂ’t based out of VA that would be really embarrassing!

Virginia is what I would describe as "weird". These people are not Southerners, despite what history has taught us about Robert E. Lee and the Army of Northern Virginia. Read "American Nations" by Colin Woodard and much of this will make sense.

Many issues at work here. One, a metric **** ton of .gov types who are "the swamp". Based on my observation having been stationed there for 4 years? I'd say an incredibly small percentage of the uniform-wearing .mil-types vote in that Commonwealth since most are residents of other States. Two, another metric **** ton of California and NY IT-types moved into Louden County where a starter home is $600K. Three: the "r" (lower case for a reason) republicans in that area are either moderates or religious kingmakers.

The **** is getting real in Virginia. We need to pay attention.

Top Bottom