• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    No but I CAN read. Do some homework on small frame, caliber stopping power.

image.jpg

How about you do a little research and check out .357 magnum 125 grain velocity out of a 2" snubby?
    Congratulations. You have a slightly souped-up 5 shot 9mm with crappy sights and an even crappier trigger pull.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    When working around the house I keep an old SW49 in a pocket, if I'm going to venture back into the forest it's something a little more accurate at distance.

bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    I occasionally carry a Ruger LCR .38 spl OWB in a Galco leather holster. I know that it's not the best option available, but sure beats a sharp stick. It's for when the Kimber Ultra Carry or XDM .40 are too bulky or print too much. I've never been able to carry IWB comfortably, so a decent leather OWB holster and a loose fitting shirt seem to be my go to.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Snubbys are versatile. I carry in coat pocket, pajama pocket, IWB strong side or appendix (it's the only gun I'll carry appendix), or ankle. Makes a lovely backup. I don't carry it as a primary much except the aforementioned pajama carry.

Congratulations. You have a slightly souped-up 5 shot 9mm with crappy sights and an even crappier trigger pull.

My LCR has a 6.5 lb trigger pull that's smoother than any pre-gen 5 Glock's factory grinder. Also has a high visibility front night sight and plain black rears, which is a pretty popular set up for handguns of any size. Good sights and triggers are available (or achievable) in a snubby package.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I occasionally carry a Ruger LCR .38 spl OWB in a Galco leather holster. I know that it's not the best option available, but sure beats a sharp stick. It's for when the Kimber Ultra Carry or XDM .40 are too bulky or print too much. I've never been able to carry IWB comfortably, so a decent leather OWB holster and a loose fitting shirt seem to be my go to.

If IWB has been a problem, look into a good hybrid IWB holster (leather backing but kydex shell). They work well.

bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    If IWB has been a problem, look into a good hybrid IWB holster (leather backing but kydex shell). They work well.

I've bought a King Tuk for every handgun I've ever carried and they always end up sitting in a drawer. I have a good carry belt, and have tried buying pants a little bigger. It just never seems to work out for me.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    My LCR has a 6.5 lb trigger pull that's smoother than any pre-gen 5 Glock's factory grinder. Also has a high visibility front night sight and plain black rears, which is a pretty popular set up for handguns of any size. Good sights and triggers are available (or achievable) in a snubby package.

I used to have an LCR. Do they still skip a cylinder if you short stroke the trigger a little in rapid fire?
    I don't "hate" snubbies, but there is no revolver trigger that I would choose for self defense over any factory Glock trigger. There's no getting away from that long DA pull, regardless of how smooth.
    They are belly guns, and for that, they are pretty good. I wouldn't carry one as a primary.

That being said, I do have one. I like the little thing, but if I knew that I was going into a situation where I would need a gun, it would be almost the last handgun in my collection that I would choose to carry.

image.jpg

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've bought a King Tuk for every handgun I've ever carried and they always end up sitting in a drawer. I have a good carry belt, and have tried buying pants a little bigger. It just never seems to work out for me.

That's too bad. That is my go to holster (King Tuk) I tend to push it back to about 5:30 or so.

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I used to have an LCR. Do they still skip a cylinder if you short stroke the trigger a little in rapid fire?
    I don't "hate" snubbies, but there is no revolver trigger that I would choose for self defense over any factory Glock trigger. There's no getting away from that long DA pull, regardless of how smooth.
    They are belly guns, and for that, they are pretty good. I wouldn't carry one as a primary.

That being said, I do have one. I like the little thing, but if I knew that I was going into a situation where I would need a gun, it would be almost the last handgun in my collection that I would choose to carry.

If I knew I was going into a situation where I knew I would need a gun, I'd probably want an AR or something bigger than a handgun... but I get your point.

Top Bottom