135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    These jewels here.....Both.....

rimg.php
    rimg.php

rimg.php
    rimg.php

1. Stainless steel with wood handles: a true classic!

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I used to have an LCR. Do they still skip a cylinder if you short stroke the trigger a little in rapid fire?

I've never had it happen. I also don't ride the reset as closely as some seem to think you should.

As far as "belly guns", that's up to the shooter.

2" circles at 7y, as an example:

accuracy-comparison.jpg

I shoot the LCR better than the Shield or the tiny single stack Glocks. I feel like I'm holding them with chop sticks. The rubber grips on the LCR make it an easier gun to shoot for me.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I used to have an LCR. Do they still skip a cylinder if you short stroke the trigger a little in rapid fire?

It did for me. I had the darndest time getting to get used to the trigger. I was always riding it home and not getting it to the reset. It wasn't so much the long pull that bothered me, it was that little false reset click half way through the return.

Like what you see below, BBI assured me I could train to overcome it, but I didn't want to commit to it so I traded off my LCR after just a few weeks.

Of course now my pocket gun is a Ruger LCP which has pretty much the exact same trigger, but I'm working on it. ;)

I've never had it happen. I also don't ride the reset as closely as some seem to think you should.

As far as "belly guns", that's up to the shooter.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    I just joined this club a week or so ago. I picked up a 642 and a cheap pocket holster. I always wondered how good it would conceal. I was really surprised. I'll be upgrading from the $8 uncle mikes (oh the horror!!!) to something a better soon. I'll also be looking into an ankle holster.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I cc'd a 2.25" Ruger SP101 in .357 magnum for nearly 10 year before I purchased a Glock 33 in 357 SIG in 2004...both are excellent little handguns.

Recently, I picked up an older Taurus 85 .38 special (nickel, built in 1990...came still in the plastic wrapper in the cardboard box.) It's turned out to be an excellent little revolver... shooting a 3" group at 15'....it's a great little grab-n-go revolver to throw in a vest pocket for a quick run out!

Last edited:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Did back in the day, now no, my only revolver left is a S&W 629 six inch.
    Nothing (IMHO) wrong with carrying one though, I did the standard S&W mdl 36, 37, 60, then Colt Cobra once, all nice, all gone my kids have the 36 and 60 passed down and a mdl 66 snub 357.

Boy oh boy those were the days.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    image.jpg

How about you do a little research and check out .357 magnum 125 grain velocity out of a 2" snubby?
    Congratulations. You have a slightly souped-up 5 shot 9mm with crappy sights and an even crappier trigger pull.

Just because you are not proficient with a revolver doesn't mean others are equally incapable.
    Ever heard of different strokes for different folks?

luger fan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2018
    Indy
    image.jpg

How about you do a little research and check out .357 magnum 125 grain velocity out of a 2" snubby?
    Congratulations. You have a slightly souped-up 5 shot 9mm with crappy sights and an even crappier trigger pull.

Looks like a LOT of us here have managed to overcome those obstacles. You probably need a LOT more practice.

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    I carry a 442 Lady Smith in a pocket holster, or appendix IWB. Even my sweatpants can hold up that little snubbie. While I prefer a larger gun, I can actually draw and fire the little wheelgun surprisingly fast and shoot it accurately. I timed some drills, and for the first 5 rounds my snubbie held its own quite nicely.

Hopefully 5 rounds will solve the problem, because the speed strips are pretty dang slow!

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Just because you are not proficient with a revolver doesn't mean others are equally incapable.
    Ever heard of different strokes for different folks?

It has nothing to do with proficiency. I can shoot a revolver just fine. I just choose not to waste my time with a 5 shot relic for self defense when there are much more capable platforms in about the same size. They are fine for a last ditch backup gun. No need to take it personally. Carry whatever you want.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Everything is a trade off. I've needed a gun "in the real world" twice. Once with an LCR, once with an AR-15. Both did what I needed done.

Skullglide

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 21, 2014
    Otterbein
    As much as I like my pair of Glock 43’s, I am completely comfortable with my adj sight 3” GP100 and 2.25” SP101. They both handle and shoot really well. I have given thought to another LCR .357 and ditching the 43’s.
    BBI that is some nice shooting.
    Indiucky, I carried a 640 and 342 for about 10 years.

LCSOSgt11

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    LaPorte, IN
    Does anyone carry a snubby?

I don't know if this qualifies as a "snubby", but this one is mine, courtesy of D&L Sports

Attachments

• OM.jpg
      OM.jpg
      101.7 KB · Views: 27
    Top Bottom