• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    There was a thread about that a while back.

I know. That and my own conversations with some of our INGO officers lead me to believe that there very well might be unavoidable issues. While legal, un-serialized carry guns could stir up trouble I didn't want.

Last edited:

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    View attachment 62337
    I really enjoyed doing this build. It did take a little bit of time to get the rails on it just right so the slide would function. Then I ran into a problem with the barrel fitting into the slide (No factory parts). Once I shot a couple rounds through it, no issues. love this gun. Just need to shoot it some more. Great range toy. I have seen people who carry this, which can stir up issues. But definitely a fun project. Got exactly what I wanted at a little over the price of a factory Glock. Even after the slide mods.
    Glockstore, or midway will have sales on some parts kits. Just keep an eye open for the deals.

I like your build! Been considering a comp for one of mine. Here are the three P940C builds I did:

5mf4E1r.jpg

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Bumping this as I'm considering going down this rabbit hole.

Anybody have recommendations on who makes good parts kits? Ideally I would like to get the upper and lower parts in one kit, but I don't want to end up with low quality stuff.

Is it better to get slide parts from the slide manufacturer? Or does it not really matter?

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    Bumping this as I'm considering going down this rabbit hole.

Anybody have recommendations on who makes good parts kits? Ideally I would like to get the upper and lower parts in one kit, but I don't want to end up with low quality stuff.

Is it better to get slide parts from the slide manufacturer? Or does it not really matter?
    OEM IS KING

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I've got the full size frame with a Brownells.com G34 slide. I bought a slide part kit from AIM Surplus after talking to the owner and him telling me I would have no issues with his parts compared to OEM. I'm waiting to find a OEM frame parts which at the current time have been impossible to find for about 5 months. There are other options but I really wanted to stick OEM frame parts...

Angrysauce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 30, 2020
    Kokomo
    That's what I'm thinking, but does that still hold true if frame and slide aren't OEM?
    I built one with Lonewolf parts and had to replace them all the get it to work reliably and safely. It wouldn't go bang everytime and the trigger wouldn't fully reset, the trigger safety wasn't engaging. OEM with the Poly80 lower and Lonewolf upper worked great

sheepdog697

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 2, 2015
    Cedar Lake
    I have had pretty good experience with them. I've built 3 total. They are fine for the range, and its cool to be able to switch them around. I also got the non textured, and tried my hand at some stippling. However, I dont think I would trust them enough to use them for carry.

Gd999

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 24, 2020
    Indianapolis
    I’ve built a few. And I prefer an oem slide versus whatever aftermarket one you might find on a p80. Use a legit drill press ( not a dremel drill press) to drill your pin holes. Also use nippers to cut off a bulk of what you eventually grind or dremel down. Marine gun builder on YouTube is very helpful. But don’t use a dremel drill press as he suggests. I used a $100 drill press and the pin holes are perfect. The dremel drill press moves at times and I ruined a frame because of it. Guess it’s common.

Awaters1991

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 5, 2021
    Westfield
    Just thought I'd ask..
    I see many many of these frame kits for sale from $119.95-$159.95 & thought I'd do an ask..
    BTW I've forgot more about Glocks than most know.. Had 1st, 2nd & 3rd Gen 9mm
    Still have lots of parts in the stash & ammo too..

Used to own a G17, G26, G19 & G17L..
    Then I went through the SIG stage = P220ST, P225, & P229..
    And there was that Beretta 92FS, HK USP 45 Tactical, USPC357, HK P7M8..
    S&W Revolvers oh my.. 940 x 3, 547, 686, 642, 442 & Yes 942..
    Ruger P-89, MK11 x 5, SP101 x 5

Anyhow just wanted to see if any of you all have built one of these 80% Glocks, Pics would be a bonus..
    Here I am 51 & starting to look into fun guns again.. also need to pick up a Ruger MKII & 10/22, Lots of parts for these too..

I'd like to build a G19 Kit in the near future..

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Currently carry a Compact Colt 1911 in 45acp
    Mental Note: Need a Ruger SP101, MK11 & 10/22 & a G19
    I’ve built three. The pistols are all good here. 1500 rounds in.

Airtevron1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 10, 2019
    IN
    Im on my third G19 build. With a couple upgraded parts you can build a piece that will beat the socks of a stock Glock trigger feel.

Check out this guy, good prices.

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    I just finished a build with one of these. Went together easily and only required a little bit of finishing and polishing (slide was a little gritty so had to polish up the rails). Haven't done a Polymer80 but this kit was worth the wait IMO. They have a decent backorder timeframe but I wasn't in a hurry so didn't really bother me to wait.

Fits in an existing Glock holster and you can get the extended grip to basically run as a G19x size configuration.

IMG_0748.jpeg

Last edited:

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    I found the full size G17/34 size on sale before Christmas for $79. Brownells RMR cut g34 slide and barrel, both on sale with free shipping. I haven't done any work on it or bought my needed small parts yet. I'll either piece it together eventually or sell it and move on.... haven't decided yet.

Thegent219

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2020
    Hobart
    Was going to build 2 p80 but started thinking it’s better to just get a Glock lower with serial #s , I have seen a couple of states that are banning them. For almost the same cost I would rather have a Glock lower and be able to carry.

Top Bottom