• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Refrigerator27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 18, 2022
    Noblesville
    Don't Glocks ship from the factory with a little dot of grey polishing compound on the frame rails so they'll do the final wearing in over the first hundred rounds or so? Wonder if dotting the rails with a bit of compound and running the slide about a hundred times before cleaning it back off would do the job.

The polishing compound is to prevent corrosion if im not mistaken since once they are assembled, tested, and then placed in their boxes, they don't know how long they will sit in the warehouse or shelf of a store until they are purchased. I always learned the moment you buy a glock (or another gun for that matter), dissassembly it, clean it, and lubricate it.

Your point does make sense though since glock triggers do get better with time as the components have time to wear in over the first hundred rounds.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    The polishing compound is to prevent corrosion if im not mistaken since once they are assembled, tested, and then placed in their boxes, they don't know how long they will sit in the warehouse or shelf of a store until they are purchased. I always learned the moment you buy a glock (or another gun for that matter), dissassembly it, clean it, and lubricate it.

Your point does make sense though since glock triggers do get better with time as the components have time to wear in over the first hundred rounds.
    Hmm, it may be for that reason. That's a possible corrosion spot due to being polished clean.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    Ark had it right. The stuff Glock puts on the guns is a copper based anti-seize. It works as a fine lapping compound and a lubricant. Toothpaste would work as a slightly more abrasive lapping compound but not a lubricant.

I would theoretically use anti-seize if I was piecing together a G34.

Top Bottom