• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • csmith

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Clinton county
    Maybe it's just me, but do any of the other new guys find the amount of knowledge on here a little intimating? Don't get me wrong I'm learning a lot just a little leary about posting due to what I know compared to a majority of the member at INGO.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    It's important to read every single post. Except danielocean03's. Those, you should ignore completely. :D

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Maybe it's just me, but do any of the other new guys find the amount of knowledge on here a little intimating? Don't get me wrong I'm learning a lot just a little leary about posting due to what I know compared to a majority of the member at INGO.

Post away, your opinon is just as important as any other :ingo: member

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I don't know near as much about firearms as a lot of folks here, but you just jump in on things when you can. If somebody asks for opinions about a certain gun you own then jump right in. If somebody asks a question about a problem you have dealt with then jump in with your solution. Sometimes folks will agree, sometimes they'll disagree. Even if you don't know the answer to something maybe take a minute to google it and share what you find. I knew nothing about firearms until I got here, but that's exactly the way I learned.

Drako

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Lawrence

I do. But I want to learn. I read mostly....pipe in here or there. sometimes people respond to me and sometimes they don't. But (in the WHOLE 2 days I've been here) I've already had a couple people PM me about this or that....stuff I've said.

Can't learn without asking. :D

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    Just keep in mind that just because someone posted it, doesn't make it accurate.

Post away. Opinions can't really be "wrong" maybe misinformed, but you'll figure out where you stand on things, even if you decide to change your mind.

sparky241

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 18, 2008
    post away. how do you think so many of us learned this info. but i little word of advice, research what you read it may not always be true

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    its better to not know and ask then to think you know and be wrong :)

I have been dead wrong on a few things since I started here and had to eat crow. most of the wrong info i had (class III stuff) came from urban legends one gains by talking to gun store owners, lol. but Im still thankfull that now I know right. you are right! there are a lot of knowledgeable folks on here and they will help you out if you ask. But NO ONE stops learning until you die.

dont forget to have fun on here too. it gets hot in the kitchen sometimes but O'boy does it get fun too when its hot! no one agrees 100% on anything, so sometimes just agree to disagree. but you will have so much fun!

Last edited:

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    OP don't get intimidated. Trust me, I came here with very little firearms knowledge and still don't have that much:): Read through the threads and you will find where you can contribute. Also, ask all the questions you have. There is a wealth of knowledge on here :)

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I'm going to have to dissent from the crowd and say you're clearly not ready to post here. You don't have nearly enough arrogance and your opinion of yourself is way too low. Come back when you think you are the shiznitz and God's gift to women.

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    I'm going to have to dissent from the crowd and say you're clearly not ready to post here. You don't have nearly enough arrogance and your opinion of yourself is way too low. Come back when you think you are the shiznitz and God's gift to women.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Top Bottom