• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I never even knew how to formulate a snarky post before I joined INGO.

I didn't think in purple at work....before :ingo:

:rockwoot:

seriously, just jump in, read everything with a grain of salt, think about it for yourself, read everything again and decide what YOU think and don't let someone else talk you into a different opinion....facts are facts...:draw:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I think I can sum it up pretty well.

If it's an opinion, post away.

If it's "heresay" or "rumor" preface your post by saying that. People won't jump on your case nearly as bad.

But if you try to post misinformation as factual info, you're probably going to get jumped on. It's just how things work. There are so many rumors and misinformation out there that a lot of people (myself included) get tired of it and tend to get a bit "harsh" when correcting wrong information.

If you do post wrong info and get jumped on, take it in stride, apologize for posting incorrect info etc and you'll be just fine!

Ehhh, it could be a fact and some people will still jump on your case. There are several people on here that I wouldn't value what they say if they reading it directly out of an encyclopedia, just because of how they think they know absolutely everything about everything. I've got no use for those kinds of people. There are people that will argue when you post facts, no use for those kinds of people. I'd rather read someone posting what everyone might think is a stupid question or posting something that isn't quite right as long as they're looking for information and not just trying to spout whatever along with some attitude. If someone posts some incorrect info, why jump on them? Why not show them the correct information along with some sort of proof so they can see what was wrong instead of being rude for the sake of being rude? Needing to apologize for being wrong is silly. Someone learning from being corrected helps everyone. Jumping on their case for being wrong just makes those jumping look like a d-bag.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It ALL depends on how you phrase your posts!!!

"Hey guys, newb here, know of any good links / resources on where I can learn about the Winchester 1300 as a home defense weapon?" vs. "Hey guys, did you know that Glock, XD, HK, & every other plastic gun are complete & total junk"....

Tone of posting goes a long way!

And, as I've said before, if you want to learn, you have to start somewhere. (For me, I think I joined my first firearms-related MB back in 2002 or 03)

-J-

I don't see anything wrong with either one of those examples.

:dunno:

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    Q: How do you identify an INGO member out in the "real world"?
    A: They talk in "purple".

I catch myself saying "oh, that should've been in purple" and getting weird looks from people :rolleyes: but I have introduced the concept of purple text to my Facebook friends...

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Q: How do you identify an INGO member out in the "real world"?
    A: They talk in "purple".

That is SO getting added to the FAQ! <3

ETA: Added.
    INGO FAQ said:
    How do you identify an INGO member out in the "real world"?
    They talk in purple. Or, they might have an INGO bumper sticker on their cars. Or they might be wearing a super cool INGO hat or t-shirt. Or they might have a bright yellow INGO chamber flag hanging out somewhere (like in their daughter's Barbie trucks). But don't you DARE call them out on it. Be sure to make the sacred peace offering first: offer them bacon.

Last edited:

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    I have been dead wrong on a few things since I started here and had to eat crow.

dont forget to have fun on here too. it gets hot in the kitchen sometimes but O'boy does it get fun too when its hot! no one agrees 100% on anything, so sometimes just agree to disagree. but you will have so much fun!

OH My!!! Has Hades frozen over??? E5Ranger375 admitted he was wrong!!!:stickpoke:

I'm sorry Ranger, I just couldn't resist, with out history. so I'm taking your advice in the last sentence and having a little fun.:evilangel:

Armed Eastsider

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    This guy has a point. I know a little bit about firearms, but some of these people on this site talk about things Ive never even heard of.

Its the same way with cars, I can do all the basic repairs, but I get on a car forum and people are talking about parts I never even heard of.

"Check your PCV Intake valve actuator capacitor solenoid"

Ill get right on that. Call me when you need your alternator replaced.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    This guy has a point. I know a little bit about firearms, but some of these people on this site talk about things Ive never even heard of.

Its the same way with cars, I can do all the basic repairs, but I get on a car forum and people are talking about parts I never even heard of.

"Check your PCV Intake valve actuator capacitor solenoid"

Ill get right on that. Call me when you need your alternator replaced.

Hint: Google is your friend if you don't know what they're talking about but don't want to ask. I'd personally just ask :D

Top Bottom