Anyone else watching Obama address the nation? Say goodbye to your gun rights..

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoosierkav

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    South of Indianapolis
    With an executive order, would it be "Anyone possessing a weapon with a magazine greater than X rounds is now illegal" or would it be a prohibition on selling new magazine/guns or?

In other words, what would it really look like?

Are we rushing out to spend money on things which then would need to be surrendered? Or maybe illegal to use....

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    With an executive order, would it be "Anyone possessing a weapon with a magazine greater than X rounds is now illegal" or would it be a prohibition on selling new magazine/guns or?

Are we rushing out to spend money on things which then would need to be surrendered? Or maybe illegal to use....

I suppose that depends entirely upon your perspective.

Diesel24v

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 27, 2012
    Central

Surrender? I was not aware of that being an option. Why should we just lay down and let happen to us what has happened to other countries that have banned guns from law abiding citizens.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I used to think that the gun ban was crazy talk, but then I saw this speech. Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...

Yep me too... I pretty much dismissed gun ban talk (at least for the immediate future) until this shooting. I always felt like this country could move towards a gun ban... but it just seemed so far fetched given all the guns here and all the legal owners.

My guess is he will try to ban anything semi-auto....

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Surely it's going to be an order to get the crazy homocidal loners before they get us. Unless somehow, it's just the simple availability of guns in our society that is making people do these insane things. That's probably it. In any event, I'm sure our President will save us from ourselves and do what's right for the common good.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    It says alot for someone to go to a prayer memorial and adavance a political agenda.

He didn't name an agenda... only to "ACT"... I'm sure those at the memorial want action...but probably don't have a clue on what he is referring to. Remember, its probably easier for us to read between the lines than it is for the general public.

Notavictim646

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    Undisclosed
    Does anyone know what action he can take on his own? Could he direct the ATF to reclassify certain firearms to make them class III? Then demand registration and only approve government agents and the well connected?

Ipeachy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Why isn't anyone addressing the real issue for this tragedy? It's that a woman with a son who has mental health issues allowed him access to her guns. It's not about the type of weapons owned by individuals but in the personal responsibility you have for the safe keeping of all weapons.

Top Bottom