• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shooter1054

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    South Indianapolis
    I have, like many others, have gone through slumps. One such slump, I couldn't hit the broad side of the barn. At the range, I was shooting moa @ 100 yds. In the woods, not so much. I missed a big 8, several does. I had 6 does within 15 yards and came home with no deer. I realized after another missed doe that I was popping my head up as I shot to see what happened. I was shooting way low. The next deer that came my way was a 140 class 10 pointer. He's on my wall. This year, I went all of the gun season and saw 3 deer, a spike and a doe with her fawn. Opening day of ML season, I saw 22 deer including 3 different 8 pointers, and 2 different turkeys. And I came home with a nice 8 pointer.

All it takes for a terrible season to turn great is about 20 seconds.

vwarren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    greenfield
    I am 29 and hunted every year since I was 8 yrs old. There were a couple of years durning school where I couldn't hunt like I really wanted, but if there is one thing I would tell you is you have to go first and foremost. I like to find some spots that look good fence rows ledges stuff like that then I will hunt with a climber on the down wind Side of a good area from a spot that I can see a lot of the area. Then I will hunt it for about three days then I will decide if the area is worth a fixed stand and exactly where to put it. After that I will move to another area and repeat the same formula. Eventually you will find you a couple spots that you have confidence in. Stay at it man don't be afraid to learn something and don't be afraid to sacrifice a couple days and hunt from a good vantage point. Good luck

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    I'll tell you what. Dont give up yet, wait till next year and get ahold of me. I would be more than willing to get you a deer. I am not sure where you are located, but I hunt all over the state and I am sure I can get you a deer. I would say lets do it this year but I leave for vacation tomarrow and I wont be home until after season is over. Just keep my info and dont give up. This year has been a little tough anyways, just keep studying.

nsenneking

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Ballstown
    I had the same problem you had. I sat the same place over and over with no results. Then I got a climber and moved to a new spot each time I was unsuccessful. It is what really helped me to find where the deer were moving when

Top Bottom