Anyone going to the gunshow in Ft. Wayne this weekend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    This show was freakin horrible. Well unless you wanted $26 boxes of Aguilla 45 or $450 Sigmas.

Tons of people were there but the actual merchandise was either silly shirts and other garbage like that or extremely overpriced guns.

I wasnt expecting much, figured it would be about the same as the show at the Coliseum, it was far worse. I went looking for some AR sights and a holster for my new TCP. I found neither.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Wow not looking like I'll make it now. Seriously that bad? Worse than Coliseum?

Imo its worse than the Coliseum by far. Id much rather pay $10 to go to that show than $5 to visit this one.

I saw zero of what I would consider good deals on really anything from the venders. Tons of people selling their own guns, didnt pay much attention to that stuff though.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Definitely high prices

26 minutes and out of there. High gun and reloading supply prices. Went to Freedom and got a better deal on powder, Sniper Co had better Glock prices than either the show (joke) or Freedom.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Hey, I sold my 522 Viper so I'm happy. :)

But, the wife wouldn't let me buy anything. :(

Although, they wasn't that much I wanted there.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I liked this one better than the Coliseum. The cost was less, by $9. I found more of the rifles that I enjoy, and I saw a good variety of ARs. I was able to learn a great deal, even though I did not buy anything. There was room to walk around and time to talk with the vendors. I enjoyed it.

mdemetz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    NW Elkhart Co.
    26 minutes and out of there. High gun and reloading supply prices. Went to Freedom and got a better deal on powder, Sniper Co had better Glock prices than either the show (joke) or Freedom.
    What was Freedom's price on powder or primres?(I wish that had that stuff at the front of the counter).
    I saw $30-40/K primers at the show and thought that was a bit high. Then I stopped at the new store North of town and they where $41/K. The place in Curobusco was $47/K.:(

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Have to agree this show really paled in comparison to the show that is usually at the coliseum. The selection was about half the size, and half of that was silly gimmick items like T-shirts and candy.

Although it was a decent opportunity to see a few vendors that don't usually work the other show.

All said, I likely won't go back.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Primers & powder

Varget was $28/lb at Freedom. Didn't notice the primers. did get primers for $25/1000 at Gander last week with an add from Fin, Feather & Fur Outfitters from Ohio. Gander honored it no problem.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    I liked this one better than the Coliseum. The cost was less, by $9. I found more of the rifles that I enjoy, and I saw a good variety of ARs. I was able to learn a great deal, even though I did not buy anything. There was room to walk around and time to talk with the vendors. I enjoyed it.
    I agree w/ you and I guess I'm in the minority then, as myself and my neighbor that went w/ me had a good time looking at everything, talking to vendors, chatting w/ other guys' about guns, etc.

My buddy found a good deal on some .380 ammo and I picked up a nice little squirrel gun- NIB Remington M-597 .22 rifle w/ scope for a good price. Found a good deal for 500 rounds of Federal American Eagle .22LR HV ammo. Even found a gunsmith there that I purchased two little rear sight elevation adjustment tension springs to replace the one that's missing in my Taurus .357 Mag. wheel gun- both for 2 bux! :)

I do agree though, that the overall gun prices were a bit high from what I saw, but I suspect the vendors would come down off the posted prices if someone simply asked or haggled with them. The vendor I bought from did and friendly price haggling is a lot of fun! ;)

Anyway, I had a good time and it was a nice way to spend the morning w/ a friend, looking aroound and talking w/ folks. In my opinion, a gun show doesn't just always have to be about trailer park, garage sale prices- at least that what I was always taught as a kid/teenager growing up in the late 70's-80's going to these shows.

My :twocents:.

superstorm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 19, 2009
    SW Fort Wayne
    Well I don't know what you guys saw, but between me and 3 others that got tables together sold 14 guns and the one that brought primers and powder and presses he sold every thing he brought to the sell. Give these guys a chance and tell them what you think so they can improve at least the guns didn't get brought at the check in like at the Coliseum .

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    Another Ft Wayne Show next week at the Coliseum. I hope it is a good show since Brad of Bradsknives will be there. I am staying home.

Top Bottom