Anyone going to the gunshow in Ft. Wayne this weekend?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I found most of what I was after there today. 2 Tapco SKS 20rd mags, SKS sling, stripper clips, new (no package) 16rd mag for my XD9 for $20, and I even bought a few "silly" shirts and some roasted pecans. I liked it overall, except the pricing on Sigmas (seriously $400-$500 is a frickin joke).

Stryker Action

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2011
    I didn't think it was a bad show. We sold quite a bit of stuff. Had a good time talking to people and I believe there were good deals to be had. Bought and traded a few things. Just need to have a positive attitude and talk with people to find the deals.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Some of the worst prices I have seen at a show. I was seriously disappointed.... Ruger SR9 ...$549 ....... DPMS Panther Oracle $899 ......... FN FiveSeven used $1550 ........ H&R .44 mag used $500 ........ just a small sample of some of the prices. I had a friend at the Kokomo Gun show tell me the prices were pretty good over there though.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    What was Freedom's price on powder or primres?(I wish that had that stuff at the front of the counter).
    I saw $30-40/K primers at the show and thought that was a bit high. Then I stopped at the new store North of town and they where $41/K. The place in Curobusco was $47/K.:(

That is funny stuff, I must have been following. I left the show and went to Freedom arms, then SniperCo., then Gander Mountain, then ended up in Mishawaka at the Miwest Gun Exchange. Picked up H110 powder at Freedom arms for $23.00 a pound. That is about the best I have found in Fort Wayne. Not good but beats the $27 at the show and $30 at gander

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    I went to te gun sow and a flea market broke out. Not impressed

Yeah, very disappointed in this show. The first show they had there was a real gun show, very little flea market BS.
    But that always seems to happen, once the word gets out that it was a good show, the promoters screw it up and allow all the non-gun related BS at the next one.

mike4sigs

Master
    Rating - 94.4%
    34   2   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Southern Adams County
    Yeah, I saw a couple of Glocks.:)
    I was thinking this but didnt say !

I went to the show ! i saw some freinds there had some good conversation! and found some 22 LR ammo at a good price and like somebody else stated earlier i liked the fact that guns made it in the show and wasnt bought or directed at the door ! just like all shows you have to look for deals ! and not everybody is going to happy be all the time!!

i will try it again!

Last edited:

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I was really hoping this was going to be a good show. I realize you have to start somewhere and maybe if some "bigger" venders get onboard it will take off. I too get tired of the complete lack of deals at these shows. And what the hell does deodorant have to do with a gun show?!?

To the vendors: LOWER YOUR PRICES! I realize you still have to make a buck, but the purpose of a gun show is to move a lot of merchandise. You won't do it if your prices are the same as they are in the store, its just not going to happen.

Ammo prices were either the same or too high! I actually went to Gander Mountain afterwards and bought ammo there to save money!

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I was really hoping this was going to be a good show. I realize you have to start somewhere and maybe if some "bigger" venders get onboard it will take off. I too get tired of the complete lack of deals at these shows. And what the hell does deodorant have to do with a gun show?!?

To the vendors: LOWER YOUR PRICES! I realize you still have to make a buck, but the purpose of a gun show is to move a lot of merchandise. You won't do it if your prices are the same as they are in the store, its just not going to happen.

Ammo prices were either the same or too high! I actually went to Gander Mountain afterwards and bought ammo there to save money!

I agree, the problem I think is that it seemed like most of the venders were private sales. I think I only saw one dealer.

No one is going to pay $100 more for a used gun than you can buy it new. I mean seriously whats the point to haggle if you price them so high? I saw a used PF9 at a table for $340, you can get a new one for $250 easily. Older beat up, not Colt ARs for $1000+. Smith Sigmas for $400-$450. I didnt look much at the older long guns as that isnt my thing and I couldnt tell you if they were priced well or not.

I am sure the venders would be insulted if I offered them $300 for a $500 gun, so don't ask $700 for the same one.

Coliseum show has far more dealers and imo far better prices. I wish the Ks merchandise one was better since its $5 instead of $10 and I don't have to drive as far on Coliseum towards the mall area.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    We were also hoping this would have been a good show, and it was far from it. I understand people need to make a buck on their items for sale, however when I can buy a new Glock for $25.00 more than a used one without the case, the choice is simple. We were also looking for ammo, and if I had my choice I rather buy from someone local. However, when their prices are 30% plus some more than Cheaper Than Dirt or SGAmmo, they are forcing me to buy online, even with shipping.

Now, if you were looking for a pair of earrings for the wife, you would have loved this gun show.

Last edited:

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Smith Sigmas for $400-$450.

This seems to be a trend at the GunSlingers Show. I've seen these in that price range at the first show at K's, then in Auburn, and now a third time. Seriously Buds Gun Shop has them for $300 shipped + FFL fee (as cheap as $25). Not to mention you can find them used on here for $200-$300 with accessories and extra mags. The vendor's pricing on Sigmas, Glocks, & pocket pistols usually tell me quite a bit about the vendor's pricing overall. If these are high, usually everything else is. I'm sorry, but if vendors at gun show want to compete, they have to be competitive with online suppliers. It's the way the world is nowadays.

farmboy365

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   1
    Dec 22, 2008
    NE Indiana
    I had a good time and saw primers for $20 powder for $15-$20 and a ruger lc9 for $350 so I'm not sure what some of you saw.I did see junk AR for $1000 and everything on his table is always overpriced. I picked up a colt 1911 and a kahr 45 today.I hope this show keeps going it's still better than the coliseum I hate that place.:twocents:

kboom524

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    New Haven
    Went with my son on sunday. Saw a couple guns with resonable prices, saw alot of high prices too. Also saw the $450.00 Sigma. I did not even waste my time looking at all the t-shirts or the flea market crap. All in all I was not very impressed with this gunshow.

Top Bottom