• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I really like that. That stuff is pretty rugged. Roll on may have been better if you didn't want the texture but it costs a bit more (it ships with the texture crap in a gooey mess at the bottom of the can).

jfed, I've been on that board a few times checking some stuff out but usually spend more time over at mazda3forums. Sadly, I've checked out some VW boards (and some Nissan 240sx boards) and they seem much friendlier than some of the Mazda boards. I do get a kick out of some of the hostility towards the Fusion/Milan side of m3f.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't think so. I believe the bake on Cerakote is more like a powder coat. Once the solvents flash off, you can handle molly resin (carefuly) but if you touch Cerakote before it's baked you'll be starting over as it's very delicate like you would expect powder coat to be.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Update: Finally got the new tires mounted up and put them on today. Looks and drives like a brand new Jeep and I'm really pleased with how the wheels turned out.
    P1040620.jpg

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Very nice! I couldn't help but notice though that you might want to give those step bars the same treatment. :D Great looking Jeep!

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    The wife wants me to do the rockers but I can't fit them into my blast cabinet. May have to find a shop with a bigger blast cabinet and clean them up.

Top Bottom