Anyone planning a purchase with their tax refund?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • terrehautian

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 6, 2012
    Where ever my GPS says I am
    I don't know what we have planned but we try to have some fun with a portion of the refund. At one point we talked about trying to have our back deck redone. At this point, we have a little thing coming in September and my wife will have to take some unpaid time off from work so it might just stay in savings. Next years refund will be better though.

HubertGummer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 7, 2016
    McCordsville
    300BLK ammo for my recent pistol assembly.

I look at my tax refund as "forced saving". If I had the money throughout the year it would just vanish from my account. This way I get a chunk to do something with.

Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I don't know what we have planned but we try to have some fun with a portion of the refund. At one point we talked about trying to have our back deck redone. At this point, we have a little thing coming in September and my wife will have to take some unpaid time off from work so it might just stay in savings. Next years refund will be better though.

Congratulations.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Not sure what kind of refund we will get this year. In the past I recieved some pretty nice bonuses and it made it hard to predict withholding. The result was a refund. After the merger my new employer is not nearly so generous.

Wife wants new flooring in the living room. That will happen regardless. Otherwise I really don’t need anything gun wise and if I were to buy something it would happen regardless of a refund.

1) I have been tossing around upgrading my reloading press.
    2) I have a blue label coupon for a Glock laying around.
    3) I should buy another AR while they are cheap

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    Don't have any gun stuff planned. Washer and dryer in our near future. MAYBE have a little something to go in the El Camino parts fund.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    New shoes for the car, but i do plan on buying some type of firearm. The wife would like a Pmr 30 so might get one for her, gonna go try it out at PB first though. I also wouldn't mind getting a new press for reloading, but what i have serves the purpose, so who knows. Been thinking of a sig 2022 in 9mm. Decisions, decisions

Jkwrangler70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2016
    Lafayette
    I'm planning on pre-ordering a Primary Machine fluted/ threaded barrel for my CZ P10C as soon as they are available. Other than that, the Jeep takes everything else... She needs new shoes and 37s are expensive... lol

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I was going to be good and pay off some debt with my refund. Then a buddy of mine who has a very nice NiBX coated G23 similar to the one I carry asked if I wanted to buy it (for a great price). Has a fantastic trigger, 9mm conversion barrel and night sights). I figure that's okay, most of the money is still going to bills. Then yesterday another buddy says he needs to sell his Anschutz 1710 and at the same time, the wife says she wants to replace the 32" TV upstairs with a 50 or 55 inch TV so she can see it better. Well, so much for the CZ P10c I had planned to pick up... :ugh:

:):

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The way I see it: If I can get within (or close to) +/- 3% of our gross income when I figure the taxes - that's OK by me.

Yes, I could change my withholdings and receive a much smaller refund. I just haven't done it.

Top Bottom