Anyone planning a purchase with their tax refund?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jump62

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2014
    Fenwick Island
    My shopping list is a M-1 Garand from CMP or a Walther PPQ m1 in 9mm is the short list. My " take a walk on the wild side " would something in 5.7 X 28 like a PS-90 but they are real hard to find. Really need to go out to the range and shoot what I have and run through some of that " if Hillery is Elected " ammo taking up space in storage.
    Jump62
    aka Paul

Last edited:

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I gave myself an advance on my refund a few weeks ago. :): Found a good deal on a used Super Redhawk w/scope in .44mag, 9" barrel. :yesway:

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Already made my purchase pre-return... 300 blackout upper to go on my INGO lower. Next purchase will be optics for it butt that'll be a few months.

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Jan 7, 2012
    Porter county
    I already spent some of it, I just couldn't pass up this Egyptian FN49.
    View attachment 63806
    That is a nice looking FN 49. With my refund check I plan on buying a Hakim. I would like to start an Egyptian collection this year. I would need an FN 49, Hakim, Rashead, and a Maadi AK. I have a source for the Hakim and a local shop has a Maadi. All I would need is the FN and the Ras (which may be difficult to procure).

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    Made a bunch of purchases so far, unfortunately, none have been firearm related.
    New fridge, washer and dryer, and a few tools for the garage.

RH822-A

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 11, 2008
    Pleasant Lake, Steuben County
    That is a nice looking FN 49. With my refund check I plan on buying a Hakim. I would like to start an Egyptian collection this year. I would need an FN 49, Hakim, Rashead, and a Maadi AK. I have a source for the Hakim and a local shop has a Maadi. All I would need is the FN and the Ras (which may be difficult to procure).

Thanks, I just happened on to it at Two Bear Arms gun shop near Attwood a few weeks ago. I've wanted one for years, and the shop owner made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Probably an AR pistol in 300 blackout. If I can't find one around $500 then I will look at a used revolver by Smith.

Xrage

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2014
    NWI
    i'm actually paying off my credit card gun purchase with my tax refund, i just couldn't wait.

alabasterjar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 13, 2013
    Steuben County
    Nope. I get my "refund" about $20 at a time every two weeks by not having too much taken out of my pay.

If I did my math right, I'll owe maybe $150. I'll take that. I like the extra money every pay. I want my money to work for me, not give .gov an interest free loan.
    QFT. I try not to give .gov any more of my money than necessary. Open an online savings account and auto deposit if you don't have the self control to save yourself & earn a couple bucks interest!

Top Bottom