Anyone thought of becoming a sovereign citizen?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    ^^THIS^^. The Sovereign Citizen movement is the number 1 threat to the United States. If you want to be one you will have to learn how to file false leans and fictitious documents against your fellow citizens that have done nothing wrong. No different than what a lot are upset about or claim is being done to them!

Good Luck with that is that's what you are wising for because like Denny stated most end up in prison at some point if they keep with their demented thought process!

The size of the Sovereign Citizen movement is negligible. It's fringe. It can't be the #1 threat to the US. The #1 internal threat to the US is pop culture. The #1 external threat to the US is, of course, the POTUS. <grin/>

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    i don't see what's crazy about wanting to be free... if you enjoy your slavery, then by all means, stay that way.

Sovereign Citizens want to be free? They almost universally nutcases. Tinfoilers arent nearly as annoying, or dangerous.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I agree with the concept of sovereign citizen. However I disagree with the concepts of Sovereign Citizen.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I live in Hobart and they want to put a roundabout in at a 3 way intersection that u never have to wait more than 30 seconds at a cost of 10 million dollars! WTF! Not to mention a new 1 1/2 % tax. The politicians then gave themselves a 3% raise.

Ummm, that government doing this to you is the government closest to you.

You can become involved (vote, walk the neighborhoods, hand out flyers, march around city hall, etc.) or you can escape into the fantasy life of the SC movement, which will end in tears.

Are you writing letters to City Hall? How many times have you spoken with your city councilman? How many times have you attended a city council meeting?

Your concerns are valid. Your proposed remedy is not.

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    i don't see what's crazy about wanting to be free... if you enjoy your slavery, then by all means, stay that way.

No... the SC's just want every thing for free. If they really want to be free, they should go inhabit a island, start their own country, and live their lives however they with.. free or whatever.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You can become involved (vote, walk the neighborhoods, hand out flyers, march around city hall, etc.) or you can escape into the fantasy life of the SC movement, which will end in tears.

The first one requires real effort. Fantasies are easier, more fun, and lets you define the bad guy however you choose.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Well, yeah, that's why its tax evasion and not just not owing them in the first place. Being Amish just gives me excuses people are willing to accept as to why I don't have a SSN, telephone number, and my address is "turn left at the 3rd brown cow and you're a 15 minute buggy ride South by Southwest." Makes taking cash only and evading the pesky feds a lot easier.

Plus it lets me wear a fake beard, and anyone who knows me knows how much I live my fake beards.

Being an illegal immigrant would work, too, but people pay a premium for Amish workers.

wildhair

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Need to get millions to sign up and then implement. Just think all those politicians in Washington would just walk away with the money gone.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The size of the Sovereign Citizen movement is negligible. It's fringe. It can't be the #1 threat to the US. The #1 internal threat to the US is pop culture. The #1 external threat to the US is, of course, the POTUS. <grin/>

There are far more folks with a sovereign citizen view than an militant Islamic view. Just view any number of postings on this website alone and you see some talk like it with sympathies towards it. Some comments here are borderline conspiracy against the government let alone some of the ill will that some wish on any law enforcement or political bodies. That sympathy and numbers along with the full blown sovereigns filing false court documents against folks is what makes the sovereign movement a threat.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Please educate everyone on what it means to be sovereign.

At the time of the writing of the Constitution the King was the Sovereign of England. In any Monarchy a King (or at times a Queen) is Sovereign. In a Republican form of government the people are sovereign. If we are to assume that we have a Republican form of government throughout the Nation, as the Constitution requires, We The People are Sovereign.

As the sovereign entity in the United States, if the President has any authority at all it is because we gave it to him; If the Congress has any authority at all it is because we gave it to them; If the Judiciary has any authority at all it is because we gave it to them. All authority is a grant from We The People and is spelled out in the Constitution.

In short, being sovereign means we're in charge of them, not the other way around. That is the way the United States General Government, as described in the Constitution, is actually designed.

I had no idea there was a "Sovereign Citizen" movement, and the fact that the terminology has been co-opted by tin foil hatters is as disturbing as the current situation with private Militias. Real sovereignty has nothing to do with dodging taxes, any more than the Militia is a rag tag bunch of guys in funny clothes playing guns in the woods. We The People granted the General Government authority to tax for a list of specific things. We The People are all a part of the Militia. They're not clubs of crazies, it's the way the Nation is supposed to work.

It isn't a club. It's not about tax evasion. It's the way our Nation was formed.

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    My limited understanding of them is that some of them are dangerous and willing to take lives as those two cowards did in Tennessee. The officers were just doing their jobs and those nuts didn't like that and made them pay the price.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom