• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    When I used to fish up in Wisconsin, I thought that there was nothing better than a Leinenkugel. I was so excited when it came to Indiana... I think I bought one twelve pack and haven't drunk it since.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    ^ Can't find pure plain Leinies in Indiana, just that summer shandy crap. I actually contacted the company. They responded that in our market, they do better with the trendy beers. Last summer my son in law was in WI and brought some back for me. I've had Yuengling on the road and was very surprised and pleased to see it in my local grocery store a couple weeks ago. I rarely drink light, but theirs is good. Usually my go to beer has been Pabst and my favority is Guiness, but only on tap.

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    Yuengling is overrated and once the newness wears off it will be just like Busch light or miller lite. There are light beers tat taste the same for a lot cheaper, and yeah the black and tan is pretty good, but there are way better options out there.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I like their Black and Tan, nice change of pace.

I enjoy dark beers and the Black and Tan is a nice fridge stocker at an reasonable price.

Yuengling is overrated and once the newness wears off it will be just like Busch light or miller lite.

Gotta agree generally although maybe a step up from the yellow water beers. Now that Yuengling is readily available it will become just another domestic in a few months. Somehow the elusiveness of having to "import" it added to the taste for some.

It does go down smooth like some things from Texarkana. Excuse me, let me take my hat off.

5120tightest20jeans20ever.jpg

attachment.php

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ooooh.... Yuengling has a black and tan? I. Did. Not. Know. That.

Will have to look for it.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    Why was this not available before now? What limits beer sales in certain regions? Distributor agreements? As a kid, I never understood the Coors thing.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    One I really miss is Olympia from Washington. Haven't had one in many years. On the can it said "its the water". Very smooth drinking beer.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I think it's best of the domestics by far. Great for drinking games. Comparing it to craft beer isn't fair, domestic and craft are like two different kinds of alcohol.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'd heard they weren't in Indiana before now was distance from a brewing site and being sure of quality upon delivery - probably more so for the kegs than anything.

But it wouldn't surprise me what-so-ever if there wasn't a bunch of pissing and moaning from the distributorships (that need to go away) and territories and etc.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    It's a nice beer... close to Amstel light with slightly less hop. IMO, imminently drinkable but nothing to drive to Ohio for...

Still, happy to have it available at the Schnuck's 3 minutes away, though I was much more excited to see Gerst available in bottles, so that's not just limited to Westside visits. :)

I'd heard they weren't in Indiana before now was distance from a brewing site and being sure of quality upon delivery - probably more so for the kegs than anything.

But it wouldn't surprise me what-so-ever if there wasn't a bunch of pissing and moaning from the distributorships (that need to go away) and territories and etc.

Agreed that their lock on the state legislature (and hence state laws that benefit only them) needs to go away.

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    Been drinking it for years, importing it from PA. Did notice that the packaging was different when I saw it in Meijer the other day. I'm used to seeing the oringnal Lager in a tan/goldish colored can and box. The stuff in Meijer was red. Not sure if it is updated packaging or is because it isn't brewed in the Pottstown brewery. Haven't had a chance to check in to it.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I've tried it. I think it's "good" but I'm not a connesoir (I don't know how to spell in French) so I can't really tell it apart from most other lagers. Given that, my go-to-brand is "mountain crest" by Minhas craft brewery in Monroe WI. I found it at Trader Joe's at a "skank beer" price without the bad taste.

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    I've tried it. I think it's "good" but I'm not a connesoir (I don't know how to spell in French) so I can't really tell it apart from most other lagers. Given that, my go-to-brand is "mountain crest" by Minhas craft brewery in Monroe WI. I found it at Trader Joe's at a "skank beer" price without the bad taste.

Anyone know of a similar Aldi's beer? No Trader Joe's in this corner of Indiana, but Aldi is a regular visit.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    I think the Lager is the best moderately priced domestic. The Black and Tan is nice for the price too. Very happy to see them available in Indiana now. I've drank two cases of the Lager and a 6-pack of the Black and Tan so far - all purchased at Kroger. Would drink the Lager on draft over the other domestics if only domestics are available. Sticking with Negra Modelo or Dos Equis Amber when I'm at a Mexican restaurant. New Castle draft or Guinness draft when I'm at more upscale restaurants.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    meh.....they're a day late and a dollar short. Yuengling isn't much better than Bud or Miller. It's for people that don't like beer that want to be associated with Bud or Miller drinkers, just like Stella. There's actual good craft beer already right here in IN. Heck, the GABF best small brewery in the US for 2016 is located right in Columbus, IN.

Needless to say, I could care less that Yuengling is now in IN. I have no interest.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I think, more than any other beer, Yuengling is very different between bottles and cans. My wife won't drink it out of can, bottles she loves it. I personally prefer the cans.

I hope we can get down to Ohio prices once the newness wears off.

My wife didnt believe me when I told her there was a difference in taste. I typically drink MGD in bottles, but on vacation we take it in cans because its easier to transport, we take it to the beach, etc. So I had a couple cans left over and she did a blind taste test. She smugly slid the two glasses toward me and I told her without a doubt which was from the can. Her response was one word; 'a-hole" . :laugh:

I too hope the price comes down. It was cheaper than MGD when I was bringing it back from OH. (Under $10/12)

It tastes like any generic American Lager. I don't understand what the hub bub is about. I lived in Ohio when they entered that market and everyone freaked out there as well.

I was turned onto it years ago at a wedding reception. The reception was in Cincy but they sent a "raiding party" to drive to the PA line to buy a trunk full for the reception. Been drinking it when I can ever since.

Why was this not available before now? What limits beer sales in certain regions? Distributor agreements? As a kid, I never understood the Coors thing.

From my understanding it was their capacity. Dick Yeungling said in an interview that he refuses to compromise quality for quantity, and they will never make more beer just to sell more if if means cutting corners and affecting quality. Thats why they dont sell it everywhere; they cant make enough at their quality standards without creating a sub-par product, or creating scarcity in the market.

Top Bottom