• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    From my understanding it was their capacity. Dick Yeungling said in an interview that he refuses to compromise quality for quantity, and they will never make more beer just to sell more if if means cutting corners and affecting quality. Thats why they dont sell it everywhere; they cant make enough at their quality standards without creating a sub-par product, or creating scarcity in the market.

That was my understanding as well and I have always respected them for it. More companies need to take this approach.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    The kids down the road are buckeye transplants. They used to always have a keg of yuengling light at their Halloween party. That was good stuff. This overpriced canned and bottled stuff? Not so much.

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    meh.....they're a day late and a dollar short. Yuengling isn't much better than Bud or Miller. It's for people that don't like beer that want to be associated with Bud or Miller drinkers, just like Stella. There's actual good craft beer already right here in IN. Heck, the GABF best small brewery in the US for 2016 is located right in Columbus, IN.

I was at Zwanzigs a couple weeks ago and while the pizza was fantastic the beer to me tasted off. I wonder if that award is more for the atmosphere than the beer?

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    Btw, yuengling to me is much better on tap than in the bottles. I will order one at the restaurant instead of the typical on tap stuff. This does not mean I would take it over a Sun King Wee Mac if available.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Btw, yuengling to me is much better on tap than in the bottles. I will order one at the restaurant instead of the typical on tap stuff. This does not mean I would take it over a Sun King Wee Mac if available.

Good to know. Ill have to keep that in mind next time I eat out.

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    GABF awards are for beer only. They don't have any idea what a brewery looks like. They're only judged on the beer.

Not everyone has the same taste in beer. Zwanzigs is damn good beer though. Pretty hard for me to imagine someone who knows anything about beer not finding something that blows their socks off there.

I was at Zwanzigs a couple weeks ago and while the pizza was fantastic the beer to me tasted off. I wonder if that award is more for the atmosphere than the beer?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    meh.....they're a day late and a dollar short. Yuengling isn't much better than Bud or Miller. It's for people that don't like beer that want to be associated with Bud or Miller drinkers, just like Stella. There's actual good craft beer already right here in IN. Heck, the GABF best small brewery in the US for 2016 is located right in Columbus, IN.

Possibly a bad batch? I had a similar experience in Richmond several weeks ago. The draft tasted crappy. If it were my first I'd never drink it again. Had a can of it later and it was awesome.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    GABF awards are for beer only. They don't have any idea what a brewery looks like. They're only judged on the beer.

Not everyone has the same taste in beer. ZwanzigZ is damn good beer though. Pretty hard for me to imagine someone who knows anything about beer not finding something that blows their socks off there.
    [spelling corrected]

The award is a gold medal for "Best Small Brewery of the Year"; they won because they had (only) 2 silver medals. I've yet to judge at that competition, so I'm not exactly sure about style guidelines, but I'm sure it's all blind judging.

Besides, that award is for their beer; if Yuengling tastes like swill at their restaurant... well you can't shine a turd.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I like it a bunch. Just picked up another case. Typically only had it when we were near the border and I'd grab a case, now we have a case in the house whenever we want. :)

seedubs1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    I've drank a LOT of yuengling. Definitely not all from the same batch. It's a step above Bud. That's all.

It is fine for floating down a creek or at a indy500 race when you want to drink 15-30 beers.

Possibly a bad batch? I had a similar experience in Richmond several weeks ago. The draft tasted crappy. If it were my first I'd never drink it again. Had a can of it later and it was awesome.

bigbaloo95

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 31, 2014
    wolcottville
    [spelling corrected]

The award is a gold medal for "Best Small Brewery of the Year"; they won because they had (only) 2 silver medals. I've yet to judge at that competition, so I'm not exactly sure about style guidelines, but I'm sure it's all blind judging.

Besides, that award is for their beer; if Yuengling tastes like swill at their restaurant... well you can't shine a turd.
    First they don't have yuengling there. Second I never said it wasn't just my taster . Didn't have time to sample everything though.

Top Bottom