• ...and so much more!
  • chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    People don't have to be used in forced labor or be executed for it to be considered a concentration camp. It's the mass holding of civilians without due process, without intent to file charges. Which, by the way, is a violation of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, of which the United States is a signer.

We keep being told that these people are all claiming asylum; which means that they have to be processed accordingly - tens of thousands of people. That processing takes time, and the sheer volume has overwhelmed any reasonable capacity. Again: what are we supposed to do with them?

We could call it an Internment Camp if that makes everyone feel better. But either way, it's a travesty.

How about "detention center"?

If they want to send them back, then send them back. Put them on a bus and send them back across the border. Or, if you want to try them for crimes, then put them on trial.

No way to know what to do with them until they've been processed, especially for asylum claimants.

Locking people up for months at a time in bad conditions and taking away their children is just inhumane.

The vast majority of minors are unaccompanied. Besides, if you don't want to be separated from your children, don't illegally cross the border into another country with your children.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Would you take the kids along to stick up a 7-11?
    How about to stick up a nation?

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Except the "nimrod" merging late is actually doing it right.

Wrong. If you're passing cars at a standstill, then you're not "zippering"; you're just being an *******.

Zippering only works a) if everyone does it, and b) as long as all traffic remains flowing at an equal pace. Once the main flow of traffic has stopped, zippering is no longer possible, and driving to the head of a line of stopped traffic only causes further delays.

Last edited:

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    By the way guys, while approaching overwhelming, this problem is still just cranking up.
    Keeping real solutions from being plugged in, stalling tactics, are part of the evil being done.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Wrong. If you're passing cars at a standstill, then you're not "zippering"; you're just being an *******.

I did that once on I69. It felt soooooo good.

When I reached the end (i.e. the orange barrels) traffic was indeed moving and I easily zippered in.

Traffic that was backed up a mile, could have only been a half mile, and the exit ramp would have been accessible.

(Sorry Churchmouse, but he brought it up!)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Zippering only works a) if everyone does it, and b) as long as all traffic remains flowing at an equal pace. Once the main flow of traffic has stopped, zippering is no longer possible, and driving to the head of a line of stopped traffic only causes further delays.

This man gets it! What causes the bottle neck 95% of the time are the people jammed up at the barrels pushing their way in in front of those drivers timid enough to allow it, forcing the moving lane into conga line mode - a disturbance that worsens as its distance from the epicenter increases due to reaction time lag

If i'm going to have to come to a halt anyway, **** the people who are causing the problem. I don't care how long they're stuck there

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Ding ding ding we have a winner.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The attendant says I'll take who's next and you leave the end of the line and walk to her.

That is the zipper method, just zip right past everyone that has been waiting patiently and go to the front of the line.

Most of us have admitted that two lanes interlocking in a zipper fashion will work.

But if the line is a mile long and the zipper will make it a half mile, it will still tale the car a half mile back just as long to get to the single lane as it would the other way, it may even take a bit longer because of delays of individual cars.

If you get to the end of a zipper merge I am sure you will feel just fine waiting for all of the cars that arrived before you.

Or maybe you will ride the shoulder and force your way in anyhow.

Again, the single line is better if the delay is caused by an accident or other emergency since first responders will have a free lane to use.

Sorry for continuing the :hijack:

Last edited:

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Her Chief of Staff just tweeted and deleted this

D-Gukk1WsAAPJ7Q.jpg:small

Some of the most racist people I know are "fiscally democrat, socially democrat".

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The attendant says I'll take who's next and you leave the end of the line and walk to her.

That is the zipper method, just zip right past everyone that has been waiting patiently and go to the front of the line.

Most of us have admitted that two lanes interlocking in a zipper fashion will work.

But if the line is a mile long and the zipper will make it a half mile, it will still tale the car a half mile back just as long to get to the single lane as it would the other way, it may even take a bit longer because of delays of individual cars.

If you get to the end of a zipper merge I am sure you will feel just fine waiting for all of the cars that arrived before you.

Or maybe you will ride the shoulder and force your way in anyhow.

Again, the single line is better if the delay is caused by an accident or other emergency since first responders will have a free lane to use.

Sorry for continuing the :hijack:

Today I was coming home from a doctor appointment and was driving south on West St., just south of all the trucking terminals and just before it turns into Bluff Rd. (for those of you familiar with the south/southwest side of Indy). Anyhow, it's just 2 lanes at that point, one northbound and one southbound. They were doing some repaving of a patch and they had one lane blocked with a signal man allowing one lane to go north for awhile, then let the southbound go for awhile, etc.. We were just coming to a stop, when this idiot comes flying up on my left (going south in the northbound lane :n00b:) and cuts off a pickup right in front of me, then proceeds to creep his left front end partway out into the northbound lane, I guess so he could "see" what was going on.

Shortly, a line of northbound traffic started moving towards and past us and in that line was a big tri-axle dump truck. Am I wrong for really, really wanting that dump truck to clip that guy's left front? I mean, I don't want anybody to get hurt, but I would've taken great joy in watching the left side of his car get peeled back like a can of sardines. :evilangel:

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This man gets it! What causes the bottle neck 95% of the time are the people jammed up at the barrels pushing their way in in front of those drivers timid enough to allow it, forcing the moving lane into conga line mode - a disturbance that worsens as its distance from the epicenter increases due to reaction time lag

If i'm going to have to come to a halt anyway, **** the people who are causing the problem. I don't care how long they're stuck there

There is a reason why I dont put up with that crap--and physics IS on my side!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    https://thefederalistpapers.org/opi...sic-grade-school-history-insults-ellis-island

[h=1]Ocasio-Cortez Flubs Basic Grade School History, Insults Ellis Island Immigrants[/h]
    I love this comment.

The FOO@PolitiBunny

Level with me, is there some weird thrill for you in being wrong all the time about everything? I mean wow, I have yet to see you be right about anything. lol

8:01 AM - Jun 29, 2019

I swear that woman was born with her brain up her ass and **** it out.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Wrong.
    I did that once on I69. It felt soooooo good.

When I reached the end (i.e. the orange barrels) traffic was indeed moving and I easily zippered in.

Traffic that was backed up a mile, could have only been a half mile, and the exit ramp would have been accessible.

(Sorry Churchmouse, but he brought it up!)

Correct.

Wrong.
    Ding ding ding we have a winner.

No we don’t.

:p

Top Bottom