• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

N_K_1984

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    Nice rifle, although an interesting combination of features. Grip, stock, and flashlight make it appear to be a close range gun, but big scope makes it appear to be a longer range toy.

I think it's a perfect setup. Perhaps it's a short-midrange optic? I may be wrong, but it's definitely a variable power optic. A light makes sense on a modern SPR setup, as does the grip and the adjustable stock. Note the enhanced cheek weld; you can't get that with an A2. If the light helps with target identification in conjunction with the optic of choice, why not rock both? My SPR and Recon type ARs both have scopes, lights, and adjustable stocks. Just my $.02, YMMV.

PiC tHrEaD:
    4E8AF5B2-6FC2-4278-A151-1185A668D641_zpsrdexf1o1.jpg

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I think it's a perfect setup. Perhaps it's a short-midrange optic? I may be wrong, but it's definitely a variable power optic. A light makes sense on a modern SPR setup, as does the grip and the adjustable stock. Note the enhanced cheek weld; you can't get that with an A2. If the light helps with target identification in conjunction with the optic of choice, why not rock both? My SPR and Recon type ARs both have scopes, lights, and adjustable stocks. Just my $.02, YMMV.

Sorry if it sounded like I was knocking that set up...wasn't my intention. You are spot on...put the gear on that makes the rifle work best. A variable power scope is a great addition.

Pic thread:

Short (10.5"), Medium (16"), and Long (20"). My 16" is my all around, general purpose AR. Light weight, good glass (ACOG) and good ergonomics. The SBR is 300BLK, and shown without the YHM QD suppressor.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN

PiC tHrEaD:
    4E8AF5B2-6FC2-4278-A151-1185A668D641_zpsrdexf1o1.jpg

Thank you Sir, I couldn't have explained it better myself. The scope is a Nikon 3-9x40 P223.

jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I'm going in the direction of scopes since I'm getting old and my eyesight sucks. I can focus on the cross hairs with the diopter adjustment and the target and sights are both clear. The 3x is nice for close in shooting.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Thanks, I will be doing a full range report this weekend. There doesn't seem to be much info on the MK3's out there especially the CBR, it has some awesome features for the price tag.

I usually like CMMG 308s, they machine their stuff a lot thinner than DPMS so they're usually 2 pounds lighter, plus their 15" 308 rail is pretty damn light, when I rebuilt my 308 I used that rail and was impressed. The ano wasn't perfect (RRA shade) but I like it. The midlength gas system on it compensates for the lighter weight too; it'll probbaly fell like it recoils less than my carbine length that weighs 2 pounds more

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom