• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I don't even see an 8" MPX pistol on the Sig website currently. Seems all the pistol versions on the site have very short barrels. Not sure if I am navigating incorrectly or what. I think, though I need to shoot one that I'd want a pistol with a brace, but not a super short barrel, if I went the MPX path.

I believe, for some idiotic reason, the 8” is offered only as an SBR now. Indy Arms has a rental MPX pistol.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    Glock mags feed at an angle optimized for a tilting barrel. They are 2x the cost of reliable steel colt mags. They insert at an angle not suited to carbine, slanted not straight. I can't understand the draw to a glock mag carbine.

Ar9's properly built all not slap. My competition carbine is a blowback operated 9mm that shoots like a 1022. I agree that purpose built subguns are generally better, but you will pay more for it generally .

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Glock mags feed at an angle optimized for a tilting barrel. They are 2x the cost of reliable steel colt mags. They insert at an angle not suited to carbine, slanted not straight. I can't understand the draw to a glock mag carbine.

Ar9's properly built all not slap. My competition carbine is a blowback operated 9mm that shoots like a 1022. I agree that purpose built subguns are generally better, but you will pay more for it generally .

You obviously dont have dozens of Glock mags laying around already. :):

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    You obviously dont have dozens of Glock mags laying around already. :):

I do. But I can get factory 30rd stribog mags for 20 bucks and colt mags. I have no desire for carbine mags under 30rds and no desire to put 30 round sticks in my g17 at 2x the cost of good 32rd colt mags. It doesn't make sense to me.

Voldemort

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 4, 2014
    Indiana
    So i ordered that last stainless 10.5 " 300 blk barrel from Classic. Now I see handrails in .308 caliber, is this what i need or will any handrail work? Dont know why a rail has a cal....

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    So i ordered that last stainless 10.5 " 300 blk barrel from Classic. Now I see handrails in .308 caliber, is this what i need or will any handrail work? Dont know why a rail has a cal....

Any ar15 rail, not a 308 ar10 style. A standard ar15 upper, mags, parts and lower are all you need for 300blk

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    After poking around a bit, and ALMOST pulling the trigger on a new PSA pistol tonight, I think I'm gonna play around and reuse my existing AR pistol lower I just built and try a mag block conversion to build up a pistol using my parts. It'll use colt mags so I cant reuse the drawer full I own, but like Ggreen said, they are cheap.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    After poking around a bit, and ALMOST pulling the trigger on a new PSA pistol tonight, I think I'm gonna play around and reuse my existing AR pistol lower I just built and try a mag block conversion to build up a pistol using my parts. It'll use colt mags so I cant reuse the drawer full I own, but like Ggreen said, they are cheap.

Macon armory has the most consistent running colt mag block I've found. You will have to tune the ejector to your bcg (very easy). 90 percent of people who have running issues with Ar9's are due to ejectors not being set up properly.

My uspsa pcc set up.
    RDNM88N.jpg

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Yep. I expect we’ll see the used 8” pistols command a premium as well now.

There was one in the classies recently without a brace (assume one can attach one without much trouble) for with my little knowledge on the topic looks to have been a decent price. Just amazed Sig would move away from that config. I thought I saw one like that at NRAAM but I guess it could have been an SBR. Just the way it goes, kind of figure out what I like and it gets discontinued.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    ... 8" 9mm sub gun. Completely ambi and built like a brick****house. These are doing seriously good in euro pcc competition. Grand power stribog. You can get a brace adapter for ar style or mcx style braces. I put mine on a form 1 and am getting the factory euro folder. With a set of shims it takes ar triggers. For 700ish.

They have a roller version working through atf now expected to be under 1k...

aN0vqCi.jpg

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Just as a fun 9mm option, some might want to consider the PSA AKV. These had some problems when first released in December, but it seems they've worked through that. I have one of the first batch that they sold and mine has not had those original problems. It is an economical option if you already have a Scorpion as the mags work in both guns. The PSA mags are steel reinforced lip 35 rounders that are are normally $20 and on sale right now for $15 (just got another 5). The gun has LRBHO and a hinged dust cover with pic rail that so far has been solid for mounting a red dot. It runs pretty well suppressed too. Not overly gassy. PSA is trickling them out so they're a bit hard to buy at the moment, but at some point I'm sure they'll catch up.

SgtCarter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2019
    Bedord
    Has anyone used Qc10 to build their 9mm AR pistol? I've heard good things about them but looking for first hand experience.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wonder if places like PSA ask themselves "what the heck just happened?" after one of these threads takes off and we all start building stuff. :):

Top Bottom