• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    Was that the outfit that just got raided and a couple of bus loads of undocumented migrants hauled away.

Yea think so. Won a barrel from g.b.for ~$25 last year... I dont think that one will grow into an ar... was not impressed at all. I didnt bother with it. Ymmv I didnt think it was worth installing.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    In this market, at these prices buy twice before building. Take up building when you know exactly what you want different.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I just bought a BCA complete upper for plinking. Seems OK.

Fit and finish is good, and was a decent price. Fast shipping too.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.
    Build/buy with confidence with PSA. We have a 10" 300BO that has probably 1000+ rnds thru it. My Son took his 8 pointer with it youth weekend. It can hit 1" steel piano keys at 100yds all day. But- it has a Toolcraft NiB BCG, Larue MBT, etc. You get the idea.

Be warned, the tales are true... a single take down pin can turn into a complete rifle very quick.

2Alife15

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2018
    Boonville
    I haven't seen anyone mention Aero Precision yet. They're going to be a bit better than PSA and much better than Bear Creek Arsenal. PSA is really as low quality as anyone should go unless your budget is seriously deficient. AP is great whether you want to build or buy, and their barrels are guaranteed sub-moa accuracy.

leftyM4

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 9, 2019
    Oregon City
    If it's your first a good way to go is buy a complete upper and complete lower get something cheap you can buy an ar for under $400 and from there there up grade you will learn to tinker with it doing that.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I haven't seen anyone mention Aero Precision yet. They're going to be a bit better than PSA and much better than Bear Creek Arsenal. PSA is really as low quality as anyone should go unless your budget is seriously deficient. AP is great whether you want to build or buy, and their barrels are guaranteed sub-moa accuracy.

I've been very happy with my Aero, I bought one of the OEM rifles when Brownells had them on sale. It's a complete rifle minus all the furniture you end up swapping out anyway.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Today I got an amazing deal from Aero: a milspec M4 lower (less buttstock) for $120 shipped.

I ordered two. That’s cheaper than the cost of just the stripped lower, lpk, and buffer tube.

Mostly I wanted to have a few spares in light of Kirk’s PACE idea.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

Post #37 (10 above yours), maybe?

cundiff5535

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Feb 19, 2012
    Nwi
    Imo building an AR is a never ending money pit that makes little sense in this market.

I personally would just buy a Knights and never worry about getting another AR again. If a KAC is out of budget, Geissele is now making what looks like an amazing rifle for the money. Outside of that I would look at LMT, LaRue, LWRC, and lastly BCM.

The reason I mention Geissele is because they have their rifle for around $750 if you are active LEO.

Stay away from these budget mass built guns (palmetto). 1. You will be stuck with them forever/take a major bath on them if you ever had to sell. The KAC specifically hold their values much better than any other AR on the market. Knights has a Cult following and for good reason.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Imo building an AR is a never ending money pit that makes little sense in this market.

I personally would just buy a Knights and never worry about getting another AR again. If a KAC is out of budget, Geissele is now making what looks like an amazing rifle for the money. Outside of that I would look at LMT, LaRue, LWRC, and lastly BCM.

The reason I mention Geissele is because they have their rifle for around $750 if you are active LEO.

Stay away from these budget mass built guns (palmetto). 1. You will be stuck with them forever/take a major bath on them if you ever had to sell. The KAC specifically hold their values much better than any other AR on the market. Knights has a Cult following and for good reason.
    Blasphemer, PSA and BCA make the bestest rifles you can git on the net! Oh, and it took forever to sell my KAC, everyone wanted gangsta **** til it was time to pay for gangsta ****. Finally got a guy on M4C to take it off my hands. Now I want it back and can’t replace it!:(

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette

Some people buy with the intention of never getting rid of them.
    In that case, roll marks don't mean squat.

Top Bottom