• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Easily one of my favorite .40 handguns to shoot was the CZ 40P. Compact style all metal handgun that was extremely accurate. Very sad I sold that, but at least it was to a shooting buddy so I still have "visitation rights"... :):

I keep forgetting that I have the 40P. That gun needs run more often than I've been able to run it lately. Might have to bring it along on the Saturday range trips this fall.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I am a little late to the show err. thread but I have been looking for a specific .40 (SW 4013) and I can assure you prices are down for Good to below condition examples. Excellent to NIB examples are still holding strong. Supply is somewhat limited as a lot of individuals seem to be holding onto 40's since the market is soft. Granted SW 3rd gens have somewhat of a cult collector following. Yes, as a matter of fact, I do have the entire 3rd gen model number catalog tattooed on me.

I recently bought a Glock 23 and paid full blown retail PLUS!!! Just kidding it was a fair price. I just see the seller posted here. :rockwoot:

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I am a little late to the show err. thread but I have been looking for a specific .40 (SW 4013) and I can assure you prices are down for Good to below condition examples. Excellent to NIB examples are still holding strong. Supply is somewhat limited as a lot of individuals seem to be holding onto 40's since the market is soft. Granted SW 3rd gens have somewhat of a cult collector following. Yes, as a matter of fact, I do have the entire 3rd gen model number catalog tattooed on me.

I recently bought a Glock 23 and paid full blown retail PLUS!!! Just kidding it was a fair price. I just see the seller posted here. :rockwoot:

If it weren't for my wrists I would have kept that gun. I loved the look of the NiBX slide and the Apex trigger was pretty good for a Glock. At least the Galco Combat Master holster I bought for it fits my P10 perfectly :yesway:

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    If it weren't for my wrists I would have kept that gun. I loved the look of the NiBX slide and the Apex trigger was pretty good for a Glock. At least the Galco Combat Master holster I bought for it fits my P10 perfectly :yesway:

You'll have to try out my SW 4006 sometime if you haven't shot one. Really soft shooting .40. Of course, I am guessing those two Sigs are pretty soft too.

Aging sucks....I'm envious (and very happy for him!) of 88 that his shoulder is repairable. Mine is toast and I am really starting to feel it with heavier handguns.

I still don't see 40 dying. 10 mm was left for dead and look at it now!

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You'll have to try out my SW 4006 sometime if you haven't shot one. Really soft shooting .40. Of course, I am guessing those two Sigs are pretty soft too.

Aging sucks....I'm envious (and very happy for him!) of 88 that his shoulder is repairable. Mine is toast and I am really starting to feel it with heavier handguns.

I still don't see 40 dying. 10 mm was left for dead and look at it now!

Agreed. I've seen popularity for .40 bounce up and down. I'm thinking about keeping one of my P229's and getting a 9mm conversion barrel for it. Then I can shoot it in 9mm and still occasionally shoot .40 and .357 Sig as well. That would be pretty cool... :rockwoot:

Doublehelix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 20, 2015
    Westfield
    I have never been a .40 fan, but bought one earlier this year for USPSA competition, and I have to say that I love it now. Certainly not as soft shooting as my 9mm's, but honestly it is not that bad.

The gun I bought is a 2011 competition gun, and these don't seem to have depreciated much in the last few years, prices have held pretty steady.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Agreed. I've seen popularity for .40 bounce up and down. I'm thinking about keeping one of my P229's and getting a 9mm conversion barrel for it. Then I can shoot it in 9mm and still occasionally shoot .40 and .357 Sig as well. That would be pretty cool... :rockwoot:

Watch the Sig Shop and the entire slide conversions go on sale sometimes. I bought a 9mm conversion slide for my "practice" P226, but transitioned to Glock shortly after and haven't messed with it much.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2017
    Southern Indiana
    Always going to keep at least one .40. PD is going to switch to G17MOS later this year or in the spring. May buy back the G22.4, if not still have my personal G23.4 for .40 if needed.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Recoil had some Gen 2's for $299 and they're right here in Indiana so no shipping. They've also got this if you're willing to spend $10 more. https://www.recoilgunworks.com/glock-pistol-night-sights-very-good-condition-p-24084.html

Does this place have a brick and mortar store? Looked like it was online only which would mean shipping, but I might have missed something on their site.

I'd be interested in checking them out and saw their address on the site, but just not sure I can go and buy at that location.

Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Aug 4, 2017
    Fishers
    Does this place have a brick and mortar store? Looked like it was online only which would mean shipping, but I might have missed something on their site.

I'd be interested in checking them out and saw their address on the site, but just not sure I can go and buy at that location.

You might be right. I've bought from them several times and just paid the shipping. Driving to Salem is about as enticing as spending a day with a libtard so it's money well spent.

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    I enjoy the .40s I have a IMPD trade in G22, Walther PPQ, FNX, FNS, and the cream of the crop the JCP. I traded the old holster worn G22 Gen 3 for the FNX. I think that the public is just following what the different law enforcement is doing and it make the 9mm very popular.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I would say yes they have lost value. Have seen some stupid good deals latly on .40cals. So good that I almost bought one..........almost

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    There are always reasons why a caliber or gun declines. I have gather all the pertinent data and have correctly concluded, with absolutely no reason for anyone to disagree, the 5 reasons the 40cal is dying.

1. It was designed for female FBI Agents and male FBI agent with small hands that couldn't shoot the 45 acp. (yep telling us shooters it was made for girly men didn't help sales.)

2. Ammo cost, It shoots a little larger bullet than a 9mm with a little more powder. So they priced it closer to 45acp than 9mm. (great marketing)

3. You forty guys let everyone who shoots this round call it "Snappy" (Yea makes everyone want to shoot a gun that snaps around in your hand)

4. It is only slightly better than a 9mm, and for the first twenty+ years of its life cost $100 more than the 9mm. (Now you know why this round is dying)

5. It will never ever be a 45acp. (arguing that it is as effective as the 45acp, told all of us how crazy 40 owners are in their logic.)

In conclusion, 40 owners killed the 40. Argument over. Apply purple wherever you want.

Ggreen

Person
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Sep 19, 2016
    SouthEast
    There are always reasons why a caliber or gun declines. I have gather all the pertinent data and have correctly concluded, with absolutely no reason for anyone to disagree, the 5 reasons the 40cal is dying.

5. It will never ever be a 45acp. (arguing that it is as effective as the 45acp, told all of us how crazy 40 owners are in their logic.)

In conclusion, 40 owners killed the 40. Argument over. Apply purple wherever you want.

You mean how 9mm guys tell everyone it's jaga and jaea 40. Lol

It's not dying, 9mm is just popular right now. 40 ammo is abundant, lots of new manufactured pistols and carbines in the caliber as well. You've got a lot more new options in 40 than 45, so 45 must be dying as well...

DustyMck

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2018
    Borden
    I think 45 is mostly dying in traditional new guns but has found its place in specific weapons like the 1911 and other metal frame platforms as a smooth shooting heavy round. It definitely has its place.

Top Bottom