• ...and so much more!
  • actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    It's just another form of the common street robbery. The only difference being the reason he was targeted and the item they wanted. The obvious issue is how do you disguise your draw when they know you are armed, where your weapon is, and are focused on it. I don't have a good answer on how to beat a drawn gun in those circumstances.

Concealed BUG would be helpfulness that situation.
    Or more armed citizens. Rob one, 2 others draw.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I went to a pharmacy that I don't normally go to and they had an armed guard. It was about 2:00am (just left hospital) and we had a wait so I just talked to the guy for a bit. Nice older gentleman. We agreed the world had gone to crap.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    If I'd had my wits about me, I would have collected my EDC prior to walking into the pharmacy.
    The fact that I didn't, makes me think I made the right choice (still a bit 'off' from the surgery).

My husband (Ifudare01) is getting another root canal in January IIRC..he won't be carrying...but I will be

Plainfield CVS has armed security on the overnight shift, though I question the training and skill level of anyone carrying in a nylon airsoft holster.

We sold a gun to an "armed security guard" working at the store at 86th and Ditch. She was carrying a BB gun in a nylon airsoft holster before she bought a gun from us. Her boss didn't know she didn't have a real gun on her. She ended up getting fired because she was "too friendly with the customers."

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My husband (Ifudare01) is getting another root canal in January IIRC..he won't be carrying...but I will be

We sold a gun to an "armed security guard" working at the store at 86th and Ditch. She was carrying a BB gun in a nylon airsoft holster before she bought a gun from us. Her boss didn't know she didn't have a real gun on her. She ended up getting fired because she was "too friendly with the customers."

I would think friendly was good, as long as she wasn't hooking or being friendly with the criminals.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    My friend was the main pharmacist at the local CVS. After being robbed for narcotics and nothing done by corporate, she responded by retiring and went to work for ExpressScripts in Whitestown.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Advances in ways to catch a Drug Robber..

I have heard that there are new Hi-Tech ways of catching these Drug Store Robbers..I KNOW of at least one case where they were caught within 1/2 mile of the store..And NOT followed from the location of the robbery..

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I would think friendly was good, as long as she wasn't hooking or being friendly with the criminals.

I would too...she started a GoFundMe to get money after being fired. She claimed they fired her because of her sexual orientation (she's a lesbian) and used "too friendly" as an excuse....

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    I would too...she started a GoFundMe to get money after being fired. She claimed they fired her because of her sexual orientation (she's a lesbian) and used "too friendly" as an excuse....

Well, if she's trying to pick up women while she's at work..... that would be too friendly. Would be the same if a man was trying to do the same.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Yep. Case in point, 10th and Arlington PNC bank. (sketchy hood) Nice older gentleman working UNARMED security in the lobby. Every time I walk through those doors, whether I am armed or not, I am still able to overpower him. Now maybe if he had a weapon I wouldnt be typing this. But alas I am. .
    So, you take the old dude down EVERY time you go to the bank?

We're going to have to find Churchmouse a new name, because now YOU are the BULLY!!!!!:bat:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I have heard that there are new Hi-Tech ways of catching these Drug Store Robbers..I KNOW of at least one case where they were caught within 1/2 mile of the store..And NOT followed from the location of the robbery..

There are. Organized criminals know of them and can take countermeasures, but novices may not know. They are more effective when not common knowledge.

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    Glad to hear some of the Drug Stores have went back to having security on site. Especially armed. Hard to believe it's been 25 years since I was working part time for a Security Co in Indy, that had several of Indy's "Hooks Drugs" stores. They were armed sites. Back then the biggest concern was Shoplifting. How times have changed. Some other sites were unarmed. It depended on the client as to what they wanted. I believe Drug Stores should let their druggists carry openly, also Quick Mart type businesses also. So much for my Soap Box.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    Stop the action BEFORE it happens???

There are. Organized criminals know of them and can take countermeasures, but novices may not know. They are more effective when not common knowledge.
    I can see where this will help to catch the crook AFTER the action has happened.

Aka, stfu.
    I always like to see a proactive statement....

Chezuki, pull that Purple colored PC butt plug outta your ass and you would be less butt hurt.

aka, keep it going that **** was funny.
    Thanks for the support Scout..

This world is full of statements to warn the lawless that they WILL get caught.
    Some people can make the case that to remind the law breaker that this will happen BEFORE the action occurs will make sense to some of us...

Things like:

"Watch your speed-We are"
    "These premises are under video surveillances"
    "Trespassers will be prosecuted" (Survivors will be SHOT)

Yeah, IMO, sometimes it's better to be Pro-Active....

(Oh no....think of all the $$$ that would be saved in the TOTAL Court System!!!)

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    I work for one of the security companies that have a contract with CVS. However, our contract is for unarmed guards. I refuse to work unarmed and don't have faith in many of the guards. The security is a visual deterrant for a easy target. It is an illusion.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I can see where this will help to catch the crook AFTER the action has happened.

This world is full of statements to warn the lawless that they WILL get caught.
    Some people can make the case that to remind the law breaker that this will happen BEFORE the action occurs will make sense to some of us...

Things like:

"Watch your speed-We are"
    "These premises are under video surveillances"
    "Trespassers will be prosecuted" (Survivors will be SHOT)

Yeah, IMO, sometimes it's better to be Pro-Active....

(Oh no....think of all the $$$ that would be saved in the TOTAL Court System!!!)

The problem with that is the type of criminal you are dealing with. Pharmacy robbers are typically serial robbers. They go until they get caught. Catching them the first time reduces overall crime. When the organized rings didn't know about the "hi-tech" method we temporarily reduced them. Then as the information came out in probable causes, they learned, took countermeasures, and kept right at it. There is no deterrent if you can circumvent the system.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Chezuki, pull that Purple colored PC butt plug outta your ass and you would be less butt hurt.

aka, keep it going that **** was funny.

Not sure why you guys feel I've pissed in your Cheerios... My point was there's no reason to give criminals a heads up about security measures in place. Let it be a surprise and get them off the streets.

billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    The problem with that is the type of criminal you are dealing with. Pharmacy robbers are typically serial robbers. They go until they get caught. Catching them the first time reduces overall crime. When the organized rings didn't know about the "hi-tech" method we temporarily reduced them. Then as the information came out in probable causes, they learned, took countermeasures, and kept right at it. There is no deterrent if you can circumvent the system.

Yep, BBI, I'm all good with that..

Not sure why you guys feel I've pissed in your Cheerios... My point was there's no reason to give criminals a heads up about security measures in place. Let it be a surprise and get them off the streets.

Good with that-to a point= For ME--Let the Dirt Bags KNOW-You rob this place-You WILL go to jail..

Top Bottom