• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    I do some part-time at a local pharmacy. They were robbed numerous times the first few months of this year. Since they hired off-duty officers they have been robbed zero times. Someone with a gun deters troublemakers.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I do some part-time at a local pharmacy. They were robbed numerous times the first few months of this year. Since they hired off-duty officers they have been robbed zero times. Someone with a gun deters troublemakers.

Yeah, especially when the criminal act is subcontracted out a little deterrence goes a long way. You can find lots of takers to go pass a note for quick cash. Not so many takers when you're passing a note next to someone who isn't policy bound to cooperate and who can do you harm.

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    I've heard rumors. But saw my first one today.

Dropped off my prescription went around to the pickup counter and noticed him.

It was going to be 15 or so minutes, so I walked behind him and sat in one of the two chairs they had set up in the "check your blood pressure" area. After about 6 seconds, it became clear to me that someone had urinated in the area (I was praying it was the floor or in the other chair). So I got up and moved.

The only convenient place I found to wait was leaning on a pallet of bottled water between the prescription desk and the front door. So there I leaned.

It it occured to me as I was signing all the electronic forms to receive my narcotics, that I had left my pistol in the car. Which really sucked. (I was having oral surgery, and didn't feel it was appropriate to carry during the procedure).

So I had the option of going back to my car and returning open carrying. Or not.

The guard looked a little twitchy. So I chose not.

On the plus side, he did come outside when I left and followed me halfway to my car. (I'm assuming so he could protect me if I had been jumped by a prescription drug ring).

Man, things have changed. :noway:

Why would you get your prescriptions filled at a store that doesn't clean up after someone pisses in their store?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Chezuki, pull that Purple colored PC butt plug outta your ass and you would be less butt hurt.

aka, keep it going that **** was funny.

Scout, more insulting crap like that and you won't have to worry about his supposed "butt-hurt". The rules here have not changed or been suspended and you agreed to them when you joined.

And just to make it official, this is your in-thread warning. You're adults, act like it.

rsaylor8326

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2015
    Lake Station
    Man whats the world come to armed guards at CVS. I know the pill problems are bad hell I have a bionic back and I just have to deal with the pain I have tried time and time again to use those pain pills like the Dr. said but they only work for so long. I never thought about stealing or robbing a Pharmacy that takes guts and a very sick person.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I can think of a CVS location which has a rather unique solution for this problem. One of their pharmacists is a sufficiently objectionable individual that I would imagine that our criminal would become so fixated on choking the little MFSB that he would forget all about the pills!

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    A Carmel Walgreens was robbed on Saturday. On the Nextdoor app, some are suggesting armed guards for late-night pharmacies.

But... if the company itself won't let employees carry, they must prefer to just get robbed.

(I think Walgreens is one of those companies that fires employees who protect themselves.)

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    As I understand it drug stores are a frequent target and the staff should be carrying.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    A Carmel Walgreens was robbed on Saturday. On the Nextdoor app, some are suggesting armed guards for late-night pharmacies.

But... if the company itself won't let employees carry, they must prefer to just get robbed.

(I think Walgreens is one of those companies that fires employees who protect themselves.)
    I think it's simple math.

The cost of stolen property and the potential cost of rehiring a dead employee is less than the potential lawsuit from the dead junkie's family.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth

I was somewhat surprised to even see this story reported on the news. I thought there was an embargo on the reporting of crimes in Carmel.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I was somewhat surprised to even see this story reported on the news. I thought there was an embargo on the reporting of crimes in Carmel.

heh

I've never been able to figure out what does and doesn't get reported.

Mostly, I think Carmel is under a microscope, so that stuff that happens there tends to get over-reported. But then something will happen that doesn't get reported at all, and I'm left scratching my head.

The whims of the local media aren't particularly rational.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I think it's simple math.

The cost of stolen property and the potential cost of rehiring a dead employee is less than the potential lawsuit from the dead junkie's family.

Sarcasm aside, there's also the very real risk of an inadequately-trained employee being trigger-happy or hitting a bystander, either of which would be far more devastating.

I'd prefer to simply take responsibility for my own protection.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Meanwhile, the CVS across the street is frantically making calls for more security.

Top Bottom