• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elemonator

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Peru, IN
    Ok,ok....All the comments isnt leading to the big question,I guess a couple, Are the citizens of the United States really that afraid of terrorism or in the false belief that it(random unconstitutional searches) will keep them safe? and HOW DO WE,THE PEOPLE, STOP THIS FROM HAPPENING??? We already submitted to 'random' road blocks to search for drunk drivers, stranger snooping through our luggage when we want to fly somewhere,listening to personal phone calls and correspondence,on and on and on.... We should of been mad long,long ago...but as long as we are comfortable and produce......

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I'll just leave this here. Seems fitting. Minor language warning, if you haven't seen this already....

[video=youtube;rGIY5Vyj4YM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rGIY5Vyj4YM[/video]

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    My funny bone is where they touched me..Right by my elbow.

The Libertarian Party, fighting for freedom one snarky internet comment at a time.

As opposed to the Republicans, who laid the foundation for this, and the Democrats who caught their pass and ran with it?

I love how REPUBLICANS and DEMOCRATS bring us these things and then mock the libertarians for not fighting hard enough for freedom.

:rolleyes:

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    My funny bone is where they touched me..Right by my elbow.

The Libertarian Party, fighting for freedom one snarky internet comment at a time.

Oh please... Republicans and democrats are the kings and queens of snark.

If you can't take it don't dish it out

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    This is a perfect example of why allowing systematic infringements on our freedoms is so dangerous.
    I'm not even ****ing concerned with what's happening now.

I want to know what their next step is.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This is a perfect example of why allowing systematic infringements on our freedoms is so dangerous.
    I'm not even ****ing concerned with what's happening now.

I want to know what their next step is.

Sticking out a sample cup when we are taking a leak (while expecting to be being alone)?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    :laugh:

I was thinking something similar.

I'm not really sure why the LP was brought into this conversation at all...

Because for all the bravado of putting on the face of a good warrior, the extent of much of their efforts is no better than anyone else: a vote and a complaint about it (excuse me, bringing awareness to it) on the internet. Which makes their efforts to blame the Republicans all the more ridiculous. You know, good men doing nothing and all that.

As opposed to the Republicans, who laid the foundation for this, and the Democrats who caught their pass and ran with it?

I love how REPUBLICANS and DEMOCRATS bring us these things and then mock the libertarians for not fighting hard enough for freedom.

You have a real chip on your shoulder when it comes to these discussions. I don't doubt your view of liberty in the least, but otherwise you give every sign of not being comfortable in your own libertarian skin because you seem to work awfully hard at elevating your own status by nothing else but putting the Republicans down. There are plenty of libertarians who can present their opinions without insulting people who vote differently. For that matter, they can even blame without being nasty. You just head straight for nasty and forego the rational.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Because for all the bravado of putting on the face of a good warrior, the extent of much of their efforts is no better than anyone else: a vote and a complaint about it (excuse me, bringing awareness to it) on the internet. Which makes their efforts to blame the Republicans all the more ridiculous. You know, good men doing nothing and all that.

I don't agree with this at all. Especially directed towards the OP. Rambone is quite involved in the political scene, far more than he discusses on this site. There are tons of politically active libertarians. I'd say the percentage is much higher than the republicans that I've known.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

You have a real chip on your shoulder when it comes to these discussions. I don't doubt your view of liberty in the least, but otherwise you give every sign of not being comfortable in your own libertarian skin because you seem to work awfully hard at elevating your own status by nothing else but putting the Republicans down. There are plenty of libertarians who can present their opinions without insulting people who vote differently. For that matter, they can even blame without being nasty. You just head straight for nasty and forego the rational.

Did you read Kirk's posts in this thread? The posts to which my first post was in direct reply? How about Indiucky's post right above the post you quoted?

I'm very comfortable in my own libertarian skin. But I'm not going to sit here and be insulted just for being a libertarian. And I like how you come along and insult libertarians, just like they do, and sometimes me specifically, but totally gloss over the posts that brought it out of me. Hypocrisy much?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Any ideas on how we might act to rein in the TSA? I've written the pols in DC. I've called them, too. This whole spying, searching, detaining thing is waaaaaay out of control. I'd love to hear some suggestions on what else I can do.

Sorry to hijack your R, D, L hijack but I'm looking for advice.

Elect more Republicans. They'll surely take care of it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Did you read Kirk's posts in this thread? The posts to which my first post was in direct reply? How about Indiucky's post right above the post you quoted?

I'm very comfortable in my own libertarian skin. But I'm not going to sit here and be insulted just for being a libertarian. And I like how you come along and insult libertarians, just like they do, and sometimes me specifically, but totally gloss over the posts that brought it out of me. Hypocrisy much?

If you can go back into the archives and show me how the insults started on one side, then I might feel sorry for you. Otherwise, in my day to day readings on INGO, its the highly vocal L wearers that offer up the most insults. One who like a honeybee wants to cross polinate every thread from every other thread, two who post thread starters to get the game going, and yourself, whom I have a hard time figuring out your message because its seems hidden behind a persecution smokescreen. Its like another endless affirmative action excuse for persecuted Ls to claim they are not the ones who "started" it.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    If you can go back into the archives and show me how the insults started on one side, then I might feel sorry for you. Otherwise, in my day to day readings on INGO, its the highly vocal L wearers that offer up the most insults. One who like a honeybee wants to cross polinate every thread from every other thread, two who post thread starters to get the game going, and yourself, whom I have a hard time figuring out your message because its seems hidden behind a persecution smokescreen. Its like another endless affirmative action excuse for persecuted Ls to claim they are not the ones who "started" it.

Why do you expect libertarians to have to take the "high road" and refrain from vitriol in the face of vitriol and insults? Hypocrisy. There can be no other reasonable explanation. You don't want to see it? Don't take part (like you're doing now).

If my message is hard to read for you, then I guess that's your problem. Most people have no difficulty in deciphering my posts.

But hey... elect more Republicans. They'll solve all of our problems. They've done an excellent job of it so far!!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    "administrative searches"? Who do they think they're kidding?

Any ideas on how we might act to rein in the TSA? I've written the pols in DC. I've called them, too. This whole spying, searching, detaining thing is waaaaaay out of control. I'd love to hear some suggestions on what else I can do.

Sorry to hijack your R, D, L hijack but I'm looking for advice.

I will also ask pardon for hijacking this fresh and interesting debate about who's team is better.

I'm not sure what we can do personally except spread information and brace for impact. This country is going downhill in a bad way, led by the jackboots of the Homeland Security zealots. I can state as a fact: it is impossible to get rid of the TSA as long as the public doesn't give a s***. And so far they don't give a flying s***. As long as they are getting all their information from establishment-run TV & radio hosts, they will remain oblivious or indifferent. I don't see it changing in the foreseeable future, but just in case, I make sure to publicly shame them as often as possible by exposing their exploits via my usual channels. Strengthening and spreading alternative news sources is one helpful way to wake people up. It won't happen fast enough though.

Top Bottom