• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    :rolleyes:

Why do you expect libertarians to have to take the "high road" and refrain from vitriol in the face of vitriol and insults? Hypocrisy. There can be no other reasonable explanation. You don't want to see it? Don't take part (like you're doing now).

If my message is hard to read for you, then I guess that's your problem. Most people have no difficulty in deciphering my posts.

But hey... elect more Republicans. They'll solve all of our problems. They've done an excellent job of it so far!!
    Nah, I'll just vote libertarian because that seems to be the solution.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I will also ask pardon for hijacking this fresh and interesting debate about who's team is better.

I'm not sure what we can do personally except spread information and brace for impact. This country is going downhill in a bad way, led by the jackboots of the Homeland Security zealots. I can state as a fact: it is impossible to get rid of the TSA as long as the public doesn't give a s***. And so far they don't give a flying s***. As long as they are getting all their information from establishment-run TV & radio hosts, they will remain oblivious or indifferent. I don't see it changing in the foreseeable future, but just in case, I make sure to publicly shame them as often as possible by exposing their exploits via my usual channels. Strengthening and spreading alternative news sources is one helpful way to wake people up. It won't happen fast enough though.

2512355_f260.jpg

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    I love these threads. What started out as a post showing that the almighty .gov is really putting the screws to EVERYONE in the Republic has turned into a urination competition about who's team is better, who's the whiner and who's the winner. Just what the .gov wants, dissention among the ranks.

I fancy myself a Libertarian (for lack of a better term) and am always amazed at how much vitriol is spewed at the party by both sides. OK, maybe some L's in this forum don't put their thoughts together as well as some others. And so some L's on this forum have strong feelings and are incredibly passionate about those feelings. Isn't that what we're supposed to do? what we're supposed to be?

Can anyone on this board actually say with a straight face that what is happening in this country isn't the responsibility of the D's and R's? It's truly not the L's fault. OK, so L's don't get elected. But that's not the fault of the L's.....is it? Maybe if the Libertarian party had as much money as either the D's or the R's, we could get our message out more. Maybe then they'd be voted into an office and we could all see what they can do. Maybe if the L's had a bunch of time to scheme and plot and plan and bribe and extort and politically assassinate....Oh wait, that's not what Libertarians stand for.

Rambone has the right idea: Educate. As I learn more about liberty and freedom and the Constitution, I educate. I educate myself, my wife, my kids and everyone I know. I live that Constitution as much as I possibly can. St Francis has a great quote: Preach the gospel daily and when necessary, use words. I think I'll co-opt that (since St Franky is dead and all) and make it: Preach the Constitution and liberty daily and when necessary, use words.

Only by helping our fellow man/woman/child wake up and realize the slumber we've allowed ourselves to get lulled into does this Republic stand any chance in Hades of surviving. We may already be too late, but we should try.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I love these threads. What started out as a post showing that the almighty .gov is really putting the screws to EVERYONE in the Republic has turned into a urination competition about who's team is better, who's the whiner and who's the winner. Just what the .gov wants, dissention among the ranks.

Exactly. We have reached the point at which partisan politics is nothing but bad theater and quibbling over trifles while nothing worthwhile gets done regardless of who is elected--by design in my reckoning. Aside from a few shallow but irritating issues, the teleprompter pretty well says the same things regardless of who may be reading it.

ces6508

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2013
    Cave Town
    Exactly. We have reached the point at which partisan politics is nothing but bad theater and quibbling over trifles while nothing worthwhile gets done regardless of who is elected--by design in my reckoning. Aside from a few shallow but irritating issues, the teleprompter pretty well says the same things regardless of who may be reading it.

Well said. Let's not talk about TSA check points. Let's get our panties in a knot over D R or L.

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    Exactly CES6508. Well said. Instead of doing that, why don't we focus more on the 80/20 rule. It seems like 80% (roughly) of the people who post here on INGO have similar views. Why not focus our attentions on the things we all agree on (2nd Amendment, restoring liberty, etc). Then once that's done we can have discussions about the best way to do other things.

The more we sit here and nitpick each other, the less we get done in the restoration of liberty.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    If there's EVER a direction EVERY thread should go when speaking of problematic situational awareness concerning government oversight or the like, it should take the path of common footsteps, common grounds and arrive in a common understanding of what is actually happening to your rights, my rights, my future my children's future. Keep shootin' M1!

M1 carbine dad

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 16, 2010
    Danville
    I completely agree Henry. However, it seems like sometimes INGO discussions go off the rails (sometimes very quickly) with some keyboard jockeys who really are quite intelligent but sometimes use that intelligence to either put someone down (although that is certainly warranted sometimes) or just flaunt either the history of what they know or show how many links they can put up and then proceed to deride fellow INGO-ers when they can't either put up enough links to satisfy or show enough military time or LEO cred.

At the end of the day though, the powers that be don't give a tinkers cuss about any of that. They're going to strip your liberties whether you served or didn't. Whether you're an LEO or not. Whether you're the smartest internet jockey out there or not. Tyranny is tyranny. It is non-partial. It doesn't care.

So, I'm done ranting for now on this thread. Ima go read another one and maybe annoy some others.

Peace....It would be nice.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Been out of pocket for the last few days so I'm late joining but let me add some clarification (not defending anything just clarifying differences). If anyone cares about the difference TSA and Homeland Security Police while under DHS are 2 separate entities. TSA has no armed mission. Federal Air Marshals fell under TSA at one time but had nothing to do with checkpoints. Homeland Security Police is the organization of the former FPS service. As for some of the pic's in the OP's first post it looked as if they were Capitol Police as well as some Amtrak Police. Not unusual inside and around the DC beltway.

So to say armed TSA agents are roaming streets is really not true. TSA might be augmenting but the armed agency is the DHS Police mentioned.

Careers with the Federal Protective Service | Homeland Security

Last edited:

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Been out of pocket for the last few days so I'm late joining but let me add some clarification (not defending anything just clarifying differences). If anyone cares about the difference TSA and Homeland Security Police while under DHS are 2 separate entities. TSA has no armed mission. Federal Air Marshals fell under TSA at one time but had nothing to do with checkpoints. Homeland Security Police is the organization of the former FPS service. As for some of the pic's in the OP's first post it looked as if they were Capitol Police as well as some Amtrak Police. Not unusual inside and around the DC beltway.

So to say armed TSA agents are roaming streets is really not true. TSA might be augmenting but the armed agency is the DHS Police mentioned.

And we can do without them as well.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

Does it really make a difference? Both agencies are terrorist organizations, along with their supporters.

Why you wonder? Because they scare people into conforming to their policies, when their policies are openly violating the law of the land. It's the very definition of terrorism, according to the dictionary. It's also the very reason we invaded afghanistan, because people felt their liberties would be lost to fear.
    Well, there's 2 organizations that are causing liberties to be lost by fear, and are allowed to operate with government backing against us.

Last edited:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Does it really make a difference? Both agencies are terrorist organizations, along with their supporters.

Why you wonder? Because they scare people into conforming to their policies, when their policies are openly violating the law of the land. It's the very definition of terrorism, according to the dictionary. It's also the very reason we invaded afghanistan, because people felt their liberties would be lost to fear.
    Well, there's 2 organizations that are causing liberties to be lost by fear, and are allowed to operate with government backing against us.

I don't wonder and I don't care, (I stated I wasn't defending it either) just simply pointing out there is a difference in agencies so if someone wants to "run" with whatever story they run with at least get the story and agencies right. No difference than some that are upset here if the media gets some things wrong on a firearm story

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

VIPR teams are a part of the TSA, which is a part of DHS. I don't see any reason why a TSA VIPR team couldn't be wearing DHS patches. They are a part of that agency.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I wonder if they would "administratively search" a person who is OC?

And what jurisdiction do they have on a public street? Airports,etc, I can understand. In my neighborhood? Nyet.

Regardless of jurisdiction, these baseless searches are illegal. Not that it will stop them.

Top Bottom