• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sausagecake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Wherever I can eat S
    I loved my 9mm ria 1911. It functioned well, and not just for a sub $400 gun. Would still have it if I didnt need rent money. Plus it comes with a lifetime warranty. So if you do have an issue call them up and they will take care if it for free. I know from first hand experience that their customer service is great.

rwhitmore8

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    The United States of America
    I bought a Tisas 1911 for 399 off of budsgunshop.com. it shoots jut as good as my Kimber. They're built extremely well. I shot a rock island and it could have been that particular gun but the slide felt sloppy compared to the tisas and the trigger feels better on my tisas.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    User induced as in what, shooting them. Everything runs 100% in the safe. I don't understand your statistic.

Actually I didn't coin that statistic, someone else did. And every Hoosier's guns constantly screws up, the metalurgy is always bad, the ammo doesn't work, they have mystery jams or short strokes or out of battery kabooms, etc ad nauseum. I can go to just about any other gun forum and no body is having any problems other than an occational part breaking which can be expected. I am worrying that all the manufacturers are sending their lemon guns to Indiana. Or is it operator headspace and timing.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    My point exactly ru44mag! But there are a few good reports coming in amidst the misinformation.

Actually I didn't coin that statistic, someone else did. And every Hoosier's guns constantly screws up, the metalurgy is always bad, the ammo doesn't work, they have mystery jams or short strokes or out of battery kabooms, etc ad nauseum. I can go to just about any other gun forum and no body is having any problems other than an occational part breaking which can be expected. I am worrying that all the manufacturers are sending their lemon guns to Indiana. Or is it operator headspace and timing.

It must be the misinformation. :)

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    I bought a Tisas 1911 for 399 off of budsgunshop.com. it shoots jut as good as my Kimber. They're built extremely well. I shot a rock island and it could have been that particular gun but the slide felt sloppy compared to the tisas and the trigger feels better on my tisas.

SPeaking of which....

[video=youtube;6MK8ffcLL3A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MK8ffcLL3A[/video]

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Watched enough of that to see that it runs and hits.
    Finish is butt ugly but hey.....$400

This is a 1911 I'm highly interested in. Me being a blasphemous 9mm 1911 fan, I'm waiting on them to hit the U.S.
    Good thing about finish... these some great Cerakote guys here on ingo. For $125 you can have a beautiful $400 1911! Would liken to hear more about these.
    So far, I'm impressed with my Turkish guns.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is a 1911 I'm highly interested in. Me being a blasphemous 9mm 1911 fan, I'm waiting on them to hit the U.S.
    Good thing about finish... these some great Cerakote guys here on ingo. For $125 you can have a beautiful $400 1911! Would liken to hear more about these.
    So far, I'm impressed with my Turkish guns.

I have had 2 Turkish built shotguns. They ran fine but I never used heavy loads in them. They have found new homes but the new owners run the crap out of them.
    I am not a 9mm fan in any handgun but if you like it....run it.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I have had 2 Turkish built shotguns. They ran fine but I never used heavy loads in them. They have found new homes but the new owners run the crap out of them.
    I am not a 9mm fan in any handgun but if you like it....run it.

Not even a Wilson 9mm?
    WCT31627B_450.JPG

k1500

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2013
    West Lafayette
    I somewhat recently rented both a Rock Island and Springfield Armory 1911 pistol. The RIA was a milspec and the SA was a "Range Officer" 1911A1. I had a feed malfunction with each magazine load of the RIA. Even thought it was just one magazine available, the malfunction wasn't consistently with a full, half, or nearly empty mag. After that rental, I decided the RIA was not something I wanted.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I somewhat recently rented both a Rock Island and Springfield Armory 1911 pistol. The RIA was a milspec and the SA was a "Range Officer" 1911A1. I had a feed malfunction with each magazine load of the RIA. Even thought it was just one magazine available, the malfunction wasn't consistently with a full, half, or nearly empty mag. After that rental, I decided the RIA was not something I wanted.

IF the RIA was running the original ACT mag that could have been the problem. It's not a quality mag.

Howdy btw. First post.

TheFireArmorer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Bloomington
    I've got a RIA Tactical. Other than some cosmetic issues it's ran just fine. 2000ish rounds, no malfunctions to speak of.

I'm sure that some RIA's do have problems. I mean $300-$400 for a 1911... what do you expect people? As goes the old saying: "You get what you pay for." We can't expect it to be of Springfield, Colt, Kimber, etc. quality. If it were, then I don't think anyone would be paying triple the price of an RIA for those brands.

Are people really in shock when they buy a Hi-Point, and it doesn't have the fit, finish, and reliability of a Glock, XD, or an M&P??? God I hope not lol!

So why would we expect more from an RIA compared to higher end 1911's?

In the end it's a cheap 1911 that may or may not be 100%, but for the $325 price tag the OP mentioned, we can't expect gold.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    I bought a used RIA GI model in .45, it was well used. I didn't expect much from it going into it. I took it home, cleaned it up and shot it. It wouldn't feed every so often. I bought a couple McCormick mags and a new recoil spring and was way better but occasionally still would hang up. That's when I noticed the carbon buildup on the feed ramp. Scraped it off and did a slight dremel polish and now it feeds everything, everytime. I have since replaced most of the internal parts with Wilson parts (just to say I did, not that I had to). Accuracy wise, I can spin a Shoot-n-See gopher at 10 yards consistently at most any angle it stops at. I love my RIA!

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    I bought a used RIA GI model in .45, it was well used. I didn't expect much from it going into it. I took it home, cleaned it up and shot it. It wouldn't feed every so often. I bought a couple McCormick mags and a new recoil spring and was way better but occasionally still would hang up. That's when I noticed the carbon buildup on the feed ramp. Scraped it off and did a slight dremel polish and now it feeds everything, everytime. I have since replaced most of the internal parts with Wilson parts (just to say I did, not that I had to). Accuracy wise, I can spin a Shoot-n-See gopher at 10 yards consistently at most any angle it stops at. I love my RIA!

You know something ridiculous...?
    My RIA GI 9mm I bought for $320 brand new is more accurate than any other high dollar, highly raved handgun I own. I even have a custom gunsmithed 50yrd purpose built tac driver, and this stock RIA out shoots it day and night.
    I must have got a factory freak or something. The groups I've produced with this gun makes me look like a professional handgunner, when in reality, I'm intermediate at best. I'd really like to try out some other Armscor 1911's to see how they compare.

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    I also have a Colt Govt made in 1918 that I inherited and a Kimber Super Carry Pro. I shoot them all well but for a $400 1911, Ill take a RIA! I am in no way a pro or even marksman. Just an occasional shooter.

Top Bottom