• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hey RIA fans....there is another one LNIB posted up in the classifieds for $450 if memory serves. Better jump on that one................................:)

Are these guys just getting hosed when they but these things new???????

Edit.....Sorry, it is listed at $460.00..........................:dunno:

SpaldingPM

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    Hey RIA fans....there is another one LNIB posted up in the classifieds for $450 if memory serves. Better jump on that one................................:)

Are these guys just getting hosed when they but these things new???????

Edit.....Sorry, it is listed at $460.00..........................:dunno:

I think we should buy you a bumper sticker that expresses your hatred of RIA and 9mm 1911's haha.

For real though, I wouldn't spend a penny over $350 for any new RIA. That's why I spent $325 new for mine

PaulJF

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    Linden
    LGS in Crawfordsville has them STARTING at $525. I look around there occasionally, but I can't make myself to open my wallet.

HardKnox

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Vincennes
    I picked up a RIA 1911 9mm a couple weeks ago and have to say it is smooth shooting. Compared to a friends Springfield you can tell a little difference but for the price it's a good buy

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    Some people have a visceral repulsion for anything that isnt the best. They must have lived much more privileged lives than many.

bass pro

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    west side guy
    My son has one and loves it! It goes bang every time you pull the trigger. It is not the prettiest gun, but shoots perfect and accurate. I would buy another one in a heartbeat!!

Rocko

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've been tempted to buy one just to try it. If it's just a starter handgun and it's your price range right now, what could it hurt? I wouldn't carry it until you run a good amount of rounds and feel comfortable trusting your life with it.

danielson

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Napoleon
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...land-armory-1911-owner-satisfaction-poll.html

Take it for what it is, but it means a hell of alot more to me than the mumblings of the same dozen people on here who despise anything that isn't expensive.

No ones talking about trusting your life with it when you have other options.. I mean, Ive had good experiences with hi point after alittle work on them, but I would NEVER rely on one unless I had no other choice.

Not all guns are carry guns. Not all guns have to be the best or the most expensive.

Its humble to accept that everything has a place, even if its not on the top.

Stop dogging on the mop boy... :p

Last edited:

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I wanted a GI Mil Spec 1911A last year. Pres Obummer created the need for crazy shortages on firearms, ammo, magazines, etc. Prices were crazy stupid high, and my want one turned into a hold status till this market slowed down. RIA 1911s were selling for like $525-575, and others higher. Forget trading unless you want to lose big $.
    Recently found a dealer selling for $389.00, (+sales tax) new in the box. No shipping, no FFL add on fees(think price was already added on, for the $389.00).

Jumped in and now is home. Cleaned, lubed, inspected, ready for a range session. Had one (RIA) about 5 yrs ago, had one small issue, got resolved, shot fine.
    I am not a competition shooter, merely for a house defense gun, and nostalgia. The parkerized finish and appearance reflects the originals.
    No, not a Colt, or a Springfield Arms, Kimber. Had them all.

Simple gun, affordable for the occasional shooter, me.

$325.00? Is it home yet? Get some Rogers/KimPro mags and have fun.

haydendavid380

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I've had mine for a little over a month, and have put around 800 rounds through it with zero problems.

I'm sending in off to be hard chromed next week, partially to get rid of the billboard on the side.

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Even if a 1911 has a problem, their so simplistic that they can easily be made to run. Research them enough and learn them.

The Rock is cheap enough that there's a ton of wiggle room to upgrade it relatively cheap and still be under the price of a midrange 1911. Wouldn't trust my life with one but it would be a hella fun project piece and range gun.

tmfinney

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2008
    New Castle
    I've owned my Rock Island now for 7 years and have had no problems with it. I bought it and upgraded it on an as needed basis with parts from Wilson and it shoots great!!!

Top Bottom