• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You don't think this is odd that for the first time EVER they have attempted to regulate the use of something rather than its construction is significant?
    I do think it's rather odd that they regulate the use of something in a manner other than which it was intended. I also think the wording in the letter exemplifies that point. They classify the usage alone without physically modifying the original apparatus as a "redesign."

TECKS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    SPEEDWAY
    I do think it's rather odd that they regulate the use of something in a manner other than which it was intended. I also think the wording in the letter exemplifies that point. They classify the usage alone without physically modifying the original apparatus as a "redesign."
    exactly they changed the definition to their liking.......

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Just so everyone is clear, and can stop sending shyte to ATFE's tech branch for a ruling, if you put it to your shoulder, it is now NFA! So quit writing and asking!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Nope, but now we need to call and ask that, if when we remove it from our shoulder, is it no longer NFA, or does it stay NFA and become contraband?
    You're using it as a shoulder stock not an armbrace. Violation!!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    You're using it as a shoulder stock not an armbrace. Violation!!
    I understand that, but it used to be, once NFA, always NFA, unless you apply to have it removed from the registry! And, so it is clear, I don't own a brace, for this exact reason!

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I understand that, but it used to be, once NFA, always NFA, unless you apply to have it removed from the registry! And, so it is clear, I don't own a brace, for this exact reason!
    I see your point. Once you put the brace to your shoulder the firearm automatically becomes an NFA item.

Top Bottom