• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Only in the bizarre and stranger-than-science world of the ATF. An agency that should have been terminated a long time ago!

From reading the letter it seems to be all about "intent". So as long as you don't intend to use the Sig brace (or similar) you are good to go. If you accidentally or inadvertently, but without any intent bring the brace to your shoulder, you're legal.

So, if I am holding it away from my shoulder, and the recoil causes it to brush my shoulder, do I go Federal Prison?

TECKS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 30, 2014
    SPEEDWAY
    Only in the bizarre and stranger-than-science world of the ATF. An agency that should have been terminated a long time ago!

From reading the letter it seems to be all about "intent". So as long as you don't intend to use the Sig brace (or similar) you are good to go. If you accidentally or inadvertently, but without any intent bring the brace to your shoulder, you're legal.

What can we, as a group do to get rid of them? I am sure there are many that agree the are Infringing upon our right to bear arms, which clearly stated shall not be Infringed. Infringing definition from merriam-webster : to do something that does not obey or follow (a rule, law, etc.) ( chiefly US )
    : to wrongly limit or restrict (something, such as another person's rights) (sorry if i am post jacking)

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013

By that logic, we should all be allowed full autos, as long as we don't INTEND to use it in full auto unless at a proper range.

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    saw this coming.... never cared too much for the brace except for being able to take it cross state lines. what the heck kind of law is that anyway and that only "us" are abiding by?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Does an ar kick so hard that the buffer tube can't be shouldered? If I'm seen at the range shouldering the buffer tube, will all the good little gun owners report me? If they want to keep THEIR guns, they have to report me, right?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Does an ar kick so hard that the buffer tube can't be shouldered? If I'm seen at the range shouldering the buffer tube, will all the good little owners report me? If they want to keep THEIR guns, they have to report me, right?

You HAVE seen how anti gun, and anti AR some hunters are, yes? So, are there some that would report you? You bet.

Before I invest any more money in my "pistol", I'm just going to form 1 the thing.

Agreed.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You HAVE seen how anti gun, and anti AR some hunters are, yes? So, are there some that would report you? You bet.

Agreed.

INGOers say they must report people if they want to keep the few guns the king currently allows.

avboiler11

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    New Albany
    I don't own an AR pistol or a Sig Brace, but in light of this:

Anybody recommend a good engraver between Louisville and Indy that can handle engraving a newly stamped SBR lower?

hd96heritage

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 15, 2014
    Wheat-tucky
    I don't own an AR pistol or a Sig Brace, but in light of this:

Anybody recommend a good engraver between Louisville and Indy that can handle engraving a newly stamped SBR lower?

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/class-iii-nfa/191412-list-engravers-nfa-sbr.html

i just sent mine off to ZR Tactical Solutions. $40 plus ten for shipping with turnaround of 2-3 days and would engrave on front of magwell like i requested. hope to have back by middle to end of next week.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    362   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Does an ar kick so hard that the buffer tube can't be shouldered? If I'm seen at the range shouldering the buffer tube, will all the good little gun owners report me? If they want to keep THEIR guns, they have to report me, right?

Taking their logic one step further; they define a handgun as designed to be fired with one hand. Since my Draco was desigened with a forward hand grip and a pistol grip, is it no longer a handgun?

Heck, they are making an act, not an object, illegal. So will I go to jail if i use two hands to fire my S&W Md 10?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I was shocked at the several ATF letters I read online that confirmed the brace, especially under this administration. Now I think we see the real longer-term plan. For the first time they have expanded their authority to not only how something is manufactured or configured, but now to regulate how it's used. Am a a tin-foil wearing black helicopter-seeing conspiracy theorist if I smell an all along plan?

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Taking their logic one step further; they define a handgun as designed to be fired with one hand. Since my Draco was desigened with a forward hand grip and a pistol grip, is it no longer a handgun?

Heck, they are making an act, not an object, illegal. So will I go to jail if i use two hands to fire my S&W Md 10?

The ATF is making this up as they go. It doesn't need to be either consistent or rational.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    As a follow up, what's to keep them from declaring a two-handed grip on a handgun to be illegal? After all, a handgun is designed to be fired by one hand. If you use two hands, aren't you violating the "law"?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I was shocked at the several ATF letters I read online that confirmed the brace, especially under this administration. Now I think we see the real longer-term plan. For the first time they have expanded their authority to not only how something is manufactured or configured, but now to regulate how it's used. Am a a tin-foil wearing black helicopter-seeing conspiracy theorist if I smell an all along plan?

You're tinfoiling. I think the ATF would have let this be if it didn't so much publicity. They could have easily x'd when they were first introduced.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    You're tinfoiling. I think the ATF would have let this be if it didn't so much publicity. They could have easily x'd when they were first introduced.

You don't think this is odd that for the first time EVER they have attempted to regulate the use of something rather than its construction is significant?

Top Bottom