• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The important missing detail is where was the waistline of their pants. That changes everything around here.

I was looking for a way to reference this but PC kicked in and I lost my way.
    If this were the case the ATF would be posted up in the parking lot at Dons guns. Just saying.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I was looking for a way to reference this but PC kicked in and I lost my way.
    If this were the case the ATF would be posted up in the parking lot at Dons guns. Just saying.

Sagging pants, hoodies, and loud music are often enough to convict for some here.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    We get a few gang bangers from Indy and Chi-town thru here on occasion, not a bit surprised. I remember being told by Stan that Applied Ballistics was asked by the ATF about some surveillance tapes of a Chicago gang leader who was there shooting...he had a felony record. They wanted tapes as evidence.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    usually WELL below their buttcrack.

I have had a few issues with the non-tied shoes/sagging pants crowd. I am not in the least put off when they become aggressive as the way they dress puts me in the lead on points long before any violence occurs. If you wear the uniform to announce who and what you are then be not offended when you are called on it.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Who says they were inside buying guns or trying to. More likely is that one or more had warrants from the ATF and they were tipped off/or followed.

chasekerion4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sounds like she needed some attention. Something is up here, and I don't think it's with the ATF.

Yes, I'm sure her day was so uneventful that she needed to fabricate a story. :rolleyes:

What color does their skin matter to this story? It almost sounds like if they were white, she would've behaved differently. Just sayin'.

It doesn't matter. I'm telling the story as it was told to me.

Up and left him for an hour instead of driving to the other side of the lot or store. Wow she has a level head.

I never said where she went.

Yeah, that's what I don't get? What if there had been an "incident" in the store? Didn't she care about his safety?

Clearly, the incident was outside.

Some of you folks never cease to amaze me. I told the story as told to me. Simply asking if anyone knew WTF had happened. This isn't a thread about what my friend should have done. What SHE did isn't the question I asked in this thread. Why do some find it so damn difficult to stay on topic of threads? If you choose to believe this is BS, move along then. If I wanted to know what she should have done, I'd have posted it under the "Carry Issues and Self Defense" section. If someone knows what happened, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

If I find out, I'll update as well.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Yeah, that's what I don't get? What if there had been an "incident" in the store? Didn't she care about his safety?

She considered him as good as dead. Don't you know what those JBT's do? She had to move on with her life and start looking for a new husband right away. I mean think of the child - it needs a new daddy ASAP.

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    Was anyone at Gander Mountain Lafayette yesterday (Tuesday) around 3:00?

I had a friend call me sh*ting bricks over the following:

While her boyfriend went in to the store to buy clothes, she was waiting in the car with her kids...

All of a sudden, 4 black guys walk out of the store and 15-20 ATF agents storm the door screaming at one of them to "get the f down, now!"

She was sh*tting herself, so she jumped in the driver seat and left... Yes, left him in the store for an hour before she came back.

Not the best of details, but she was in a legit panic when she called me. I have no doubt about the validity of this story.

Anyone hear of anything at all? I can't find anything on it..

GM never did have good customer service.

Butros17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 25, 2012
    Evansville, IN
    I have had a few issues with the non-tied shoes/sagging pants crowd. I am not in the least put off when they become aggressive as the way they dress puts me in the lead on points long before any violence occurs. If you wear the uniform to announce who and what you are then be not offended when you are called on it.

that's not a blanket generalization.

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    Some of you folks never cease to amaze me. I told the story as told to me. Simply asking if anyone knew WTF had happened. This isn't a thread about what my friend should have done. What SHE did isn't the question I asked in this thread. Why do some find it so damn difficult to stay on topic of threads? If you choose to believe this is BS, move along then. If I wanted to know what she should have done, I'd have posted it under the "Carry Issues and Self Defense" section. If someone knows what happened, I'd be interested in hearing about it.

If I find out, I'll update as well.

I don't know any details, but its definately not a fabricated story. I just saw this thread, but my parents live in Lafayette and were in the same area on Tuesday. Thye saw it and told me about it Tuesday night when I talked to them. They said at least one of them had a shirt that said FBI on the back. Thats all I know, but something did take place.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't know any details, but its definately not a fabricated story. I just saw this thread, but my parents live in Lafayette and were in the same area on Tuesday. Thye saw it and told me about it Tuesday night when I talked to them. They said at least one of them had a shirt that said FBI on the back. Thats all I know, but something did take place.

You brought to my mind a very significant point. The general reaction is 'prove it to my satisfaction or it didn't happen.' My general response to most stories that do not involve space aliens which I do not feel come with adequate supporting evidence it to simply retain them as unsupported narratives which may or may not be true. The aforementioned common response is an assumption that one unsupported conclusion is true because an alternate narrative has been presented and not supported to the reader's satisfaction.

In this case, an anecdotal account of an event which is out of the ordinary but not a huge stretch (i.e., no broken laws of physics, Cuban assassins in the storm drain, Kirk and Spock didn't beam down during the incident) was presented to us. So far as I am concerned, if I am not willing to trust the OP, then the reasonable approach is to consider it something that may or may not have happened pending further information to prove or disprove the assertion. The automatic assumption that it is false is just as logically flawed as the automatic assumption that it is true. It is intellectually dishonest to disparage an account, and worse yet, disparage someone who presents it is good faith, because you prefer to assume that something else is true regardless of an equal absence of evidence.

Another good example is the Sandy Hook fiasco. I see a strong tendency for people to cling to the assumption that the official narrative is true unless it can be disproven beyond a doubt. This approach completely overlooks the absence of credible evidence that the official narrative is true. This defaults to a decision made strictly out of personal preference. You are entitled to believe as you will, but don't tell me that my conclusion (or openness to the fact that there are several explanations, any one of which may be true) is wrong because you prefer to believe something else equally disproven.

Another example yet is Obama's eligibility. This has never been a problem issue in the past because never before have we had a candidate for president pop up out of the cracks in the concrete. With all previous presidents and/or candidates, we have been able to trace their lives back to childhood. If their teachers thought they were little jerks, we knew about it. Now, we have someone who we cannot say that we know. Someone whose backstory is largely limited to what he has chosen to tell us, be it true or false. Someone who has succeeded at sealing or destroying all evidence aside from what he has chose to share with us. Someone who has presented less evidence of eligibility than I was required to produce UP FRONT to drive a truck! I might also point out that when he *finally* decided to post a long-form BC, the document fell apart when I attempted to copy and paste it. That should not happen. There are three basic conclusions that a person may form. Some (many, even who should know better) choose to believe the word of a known liar with a nefarious agenda when he says that he was in fact born in Hawaii. Others choose to believe that this is a falsehood. My conclusion is that while I don't know conclusively, it is highly unlikely that he would spend the time an money on obfuscation that he has if there is nothing to hide. I suppose I see Sandy Hook in largely the same way.

In the end, it amazes me how so many people will choose a favored conclusion, absence of evidence notwithstanding, and pursue it with religious zeal. I suppose accepting uncertainty as a tentative conclusion is asking too much.

Top Bottom