• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Just happen stance... Work with FBI and I happened to hear about that.

How so? Happenstance that it happened where it did? Happenstance that they went shopping and found someone who was wanted accidentally? Happenstance that they hadn't arrested enough people that week and randomly rolled someone up?

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    How so? Happenstance that it happened where it did? Happenstance that they went shopping and found someone who was wanted accidentally? Happenstance that they hadn't arrested enough people that week and randomly rolled someone up?

I believe he meant happenstance that he heard about it. :dunno:

freehuman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Coworker said his brother heard reports on the scanner about Gander calling the local PD about someone trying to buy a lot of guns. :dunno:

Let's go to Gander Mountain and...
    33539226.jpg

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I don't know any details, but its definately not a fabricated story. I just saw this thread, but my parents live in Lafayette and were in the same area on Tuesday. Thye saw it and told me about it Tuesday night when I talked to them. They said at least one of them had a shirt that said FBI on the back. Thats all I know, but something did take place.

So...why are we assuming it was ATF if the guy's shirt said FBI?

I'll say this from my own experience. People overhype the crap out of things they see, especially involving law enforcement. They aren't actively making it up, its just not what they expected and with the adrenalin dump their minds go into overdrive.

As an example, I had a guy who'd given me a tip about the location of a guy with a B felony warrant calling and telling me "the SWAT team kicked in the door at the wrong house" and described the door getting kicked in and all the while the target was not home and watching from the neighbor's house during this huge SWAT operation. Well, I knew that was BS because I was the lead detective and hadn't been contacted about getting a search warrant for the house. I looked into what actually happened, which was a few uniformed officers knocked on the door and did a consent search of the house for the suspect and then left.

So, the point is, maybe it went down just like she said, but that doesn't make it a huge bust for some gun trafficking thing. It could just be a local fugitive squad picking someone up after following them to the store, etc. etc. Could be lots of things, none of which require the person telling the story to be intentionally deceiving in her account of events.

Ericpwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jan 14, 2011
    NWI
    In the end, it amazes me how so many people will choose a favored conclusion, absence of evidence notwithstanding, and pursue it with religious zeal. I suppose accepting uncertainty as a tentative conclusion is asking too much.

and some people won't believe anything you tell them...

bmyers

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 8, 2010
    So what did the manager/GM employee have to say? Seems strange that no one has any info about this. That being said, for some reason I don't doubt it.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    i saw some a black ford escape in town today. had some sort of badge looking logo on the drivers door. i tried to get a better look assuming he had one on passenger door but didnt.

triangular badge with small and short lettering. michigan civilian plate. i want to say it looked like an ATF logo but i wouldnt think theyd advertise, but a private business, like a security firm, would indeed have their name plastered all over. who knows.

tenniskid004

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    How does tagging work?

Sorry for being "off-topic" but I see a lot of people saying they're going to tag it for interest. Does that mean they get an e-mail after they've tagged it saying someone else posted?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    How does tagging work?

Sorry for being "off-topic" but I see a lot of people saying they're going to tag it for interest. Does that mean they get an e-mail after they've tagged it saying someone else posted?
    Yep... Thread Tools, Subscribe to thread, then choose your notification preference (every post, once daily, etc.).

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom