ATF Director Displays Ignorance About Basic Firearm Topics During Pro Gun Control Segment

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Dettelbach also urged gun stores to refuse to sell certain types of weapons, like large caliber rifles, to customers who are paying in cash and to pick up the phone and call the ATF so they can go investigate those people.

“And for those who aren’t doing that, I hope and expect that, as Americans, we will do that,” he said. “But for those who aren’t, somebody comes into your store, in a border state and plunks down $12,000 cash money for one of these [.50 caliber rifles], so that there’s no credit card trail, I mean, my word, we hope that people will help us as Americans and continue to help us and not make that sale and protect our safety.”

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010

Dettelbach also urged gun stores to refuse to sell certain types of weapons, like large caliber rifles, to customers who are paying in cash and to pick up the phone and call the ATF so they can go investigate those people.

“And for those who aren’t doing that, I hope and expect that, as Americans, we will do that,” he said. “But for those who aren’t, somebody comes into your store, in a border state and plunks down $12,000 cash money for one of these [.50 caliber rifles], so that there’s no credit card trail, I mean, my word, we hope that people will help us as Americans and continue to help us and not make that sale and protect our safety.”
    So he's acknowledging a border problem... Surprised that didn't get censored /redacted...

And of course his own ignorance on how gun buying process works by law at an FFL...

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Can't imagine a better way to kill your business than to voluntarily rat on customers.

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    In before @BigRed to say **** this **********!

If Trump manages to get reelected, I hope he doesn’t make the same mistake as the first time he got elected and keep so many of the previous presidents appointees. It’s time to clean house, and I mean from the basement to the attic.
    Unfortunately, if Trump gets elected he won't be able to clean out the house and senate! 90% or more need to go!

rbhargan

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2012
    Carmel/Liberty
    In before @BigRed to say **** this **********!

If Trump manages to get reelected, I hope he doesn’t make the same mistake as the first time he got elected and keep so many of the previous presidents appointees. It’s time to clean house, and I mean from the basement to the attic.
    I think you mean, "from the basement to the sewer." :toilet2:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I can't believe this is real. Cannot imagine anyone this incompetent and I'm the guy that almost hit a customer with a Glock 17 recoil spring guide rod in 1988 at the Pike Plaza Galyan's.

I can believe it after going through all the chaos from Carol Browner's term at the head of the EPA. Industrial chemistry is a technical business, not for amateur law/lobby people that Al Gore thinks are pretty.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana

What I really want to say would end up getting me banned. Let's just say F that guy

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    They hate the Barrett as it is an anti-limo rifle.
    Back when “Barry Obama” came to Evansville he visited the toyota plant in Princeton , and he passed by a gun shop that was on a hill overlooking the route, a secret service agent walked in the gun shop and wouldn’t let anyone leave till the motorcade passed…then when he drove past on the way back, the agent did it again!

There was a second shop on the route but I didn’t hear anything about that shop, I’m sure they did it there too!

I know the shop on the hill had sold at least 1 Barrett 50 cal (I was there when the guy brought it back because there were problems with it) and the owner of the other shop was a class 3 dealer, I know he had a ma Duce, but idk if he owned it when “Barry” was here

Top Bottom