ATF Director Displays Ignorance About Basic Firearm Topics During Pro Gun Control Segment

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I wondered where the logic was coming from. Leadership is concerned about their personal safety.

308 AP and 50bmg will defeat most light armored vehicles, which is what the government loves to use to oppress citizens.

So of course that's what they screech loudest about the citizenry having, even though both are practically non-existent in crime.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Back when “Barry Obama” came to Evansville he visited the toyota plant in Princeton , and he passed by a gun shop that was on a hill overlooking the route, a secret service agent walked in the gun shop and wouldn’t let anyone leave till the motorcade passed…then when he drove past on the way back, the agent did it again!

There was a second shop on the route but I didn’t hear anything about that shop, I’m sure they did it there too!

I know the shop on the hill had sold at least 1 Barrett 50 cal (I was there when the guy brought it back because there were problems with it) and the owner of the other shop was a class 3 dealer, I know he had a ma Duce, but idk if he owned it when “Barry” was here
    I can seel calling my wife and explaining that I'm in a gun shop and I'm not allowed to leave.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Look carefully at this picture.... not one of these firearms has an ECI (empty chamber indicator) inserted......so very unsafe ...... so very unprofessional.....this is a key moment to let the world know about the ATFs lack of being safety minded......hells bells the actions aren't even open or ziptied open

Screen-Shot-2024-03-03-at-5.40.42-PM-1.png

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Look carefully at this picture.... not one of these firearms has an ECI (empty chamber indicator) inserted......so very unsafe ...... so very unprofessional.....this is a key moment to let the world know about the ATFs lack of being safety minded......hells bells the actions aren't even open or ziptied open

View attachment 337673
    When was the last time you were at a gun show or store, and all of the firearms that were for sale had chamber flags or zip ties to keep the actions closed?
    We were taught to pick them up and make sure its clear.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    When was the last time you were at a gun show or store, and all of the firearms that were for sale had chamber flags or zip ties to keep the actions closed?
    We were taught to pick them up and make sure its clear.
    As was I, and it still makes me paranoid to not see ECIs at gun stores....

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    LOL, I get it. Most stores don't even do a quick chamber check before handing one a firearm.
    Ive had a few get :poop: with me for opening a gun up to see if its safe.
    With one getting that way, I turn around and walk out the door.
    I ask to see a firearm you check it, hand it to me and I check it. I hand it back and the salesman checks it again, He hands it back to me and I will check it again. I can do it all day.

It would be great if everybody acted like they were on the line.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    LOL, I get it. Most stores don't even do a quick chamber check before handing one a firearm.
    Ive had a few get :poop: with me for opening a gun up to see if its safe.
    With one getting that way, I turn around and walk out the door.
    I ask to see a firearm you check it, hand it to me and I check it. I hand it back and the salesman checks it again, He hands it back to me and I will check it again. I can do it all day.

It would be great if everybody acted like they were on the line.
    When I worked at a shop, the first time a gun was checked was when it came out of the box, then every time it crossed the counter it was checked, when I pulled it off the rack or out of the case, it was checked before I handed it to the customer, every time the handed it back, yep I checked it! If they wanted to see it again…guess what…checked again!

One time a customer looked at me when I was checking it before I handed it to him and he said “why are you checking it? You know it’s empty!”…I said “2 things…1 do you know it’s empty?…”and 2, all guns are always loaded!”

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    When I worked at a shop, the first time a gun was checked was when it came out of the box, then every time it crossed the counter it was checked, when I pulled it off the rack or out of the case, it was checked before I handed it to the customer, every time the handed it back, yep I checked it! If they wanted to see it again…guess what…checked again!

One time a customer looked at me when I was checking it before I handed it to him and he said “why are you checking it? You know it’s empty!”…I said “2 things…1 do you know it’s empty?…”and 2, all guns are always loaded!”
    LOL, my cousins store is that way, on occasion when walking in a cousin will point at a new employee to accost with how long they will play that game.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I almost always pay cash for guns. I think a better plan would be for the govt to stop running guns to the cartels.
    You can buy those through away gift card visas etc. Same thing it's untraceable same as cash. Just like those throw away cellphones I think Tracfone is a big one and they are owned by a Mexican company.

That said it makes no sense to ask FFL's to report cash firearms sales.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    You can buy those through away gift card visas etc. Same thing it's untraceable same as cash. Just like those throw away cellphones I think Tracfone is a big one and they are owned by a Mexican company.

That said it makes no sense to ask FFL's to report cash firearms sales.
    Verizon bought Tracfone in 2021.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Back when “Barry Obama” came to Evansville he visited the toyota plant in Princeton , and he passed by a gun shop that was on a hill overlooking the route, a secret service agent walked in the gun shop and wouldn’t let anyone leave till the motorcade passed…then when he drove past on the way back, the agent did it again!

There was a second shop on the route but I didn’t hear anything about that shop, I’m sure they did it there too!

I know the shop on the hill had sold at least 1 Barrett 50 cal (I was there when the guy brought it back because there were problems with it) and the owner of the other shop was a class 3 dealer, I know he had a ma Duce, but idk if he owned it when “Barry” was here
    "A agent"?

And how did he stop up the back door?
    Most stores have at least 2 entrances. Many have more.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Tool os much easier to say..

Don't be a Dettalbach rent one loses all its luster

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Ben Franklin: "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    de Toqueville (after reading the US Constitution):
    "American will ALWAYS have the Government it deserves."
    “The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”

Prove them both right; keep voting for LibTardDems.

Top Bottom