Not open for further replies.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I see you have learned to use the :D when being "glib".

sepe an printcraft.....please change your avatars, they are creepy an are scaring the bejesus out of me. :)

I figgered I had to do something although I have exchanged PMs with NYFelon and he seems like an okay guy so I wasn't too worried about his panties.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    And on the 5th day of the thread printcraft said unto thee:
    "Let thy lock be applied, strong as the foundation of the mountain,
    let the thread be turned asunder forever and not trouble the world.
    Let all who have come before thy lock rejoice, all after despair.
    Cast this great evil from thy memory, and lead you not to temptation.
    Thy rod and thy staff are not called into question, go forth in peace."

And printcraft looked and saw that it was good.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I just hope no one is silly enough to bring a hammer and nails to a gunfight.

:D

That's what tactical nail guns are for. ;)

nailgun.jpg

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    I figured we'd be locked pages ago :dunno: still seems to be running.

It's from my understanding of the rules that this thread is clearly a violation. I guess Fenway doesn't care anymore? :dunno:

It's not technically a discussion on religion, per se. Couple that with the fact that it has remained both restrained and civil, and I think the mods are letting it run its course. I'm sure it will be locked the nanosecond after the first aspersions are cast.

That exactly what this about...

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    @ Caleb.

No. The thread is about a piece of WTC rubble that resembles the christian symbol of faith. It was not fabricated after the fact, it remained after the collapse of the twin towers. As such, it is an artifact of an historical event, and was to be returned to it's place of origin in memoriam of the murderous event that killed nearly 3,000 people. Subsequently a group of politically motivated individuals filed suit to have it removed as a religious article on public property. It is, as has been mentioned, an unaltered artifact, and not a religious symbol. This is why the idea of suing to have it removed is preposterous.

While the conversation in this thread has mandered into and out of the implied religious aspects of the artifact, the thread in and of itself is not about religion.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    @ Caleb.

No. The thread is about a piece of WTC rubble that resembles the christian symbol of faith. It was not fabricated after the fact, it remained after the collapse of the twin towers. As such, it is an artifact of an historical event, and was to be returned to it's place of origin in memoriam of the murderous event that killed nearly 3,000 people. Subsequently a group of politically motivated individuals filed suit to have it removed as a religious article on public property. It is, as has been mentioned, an unaltered artifact, and not a religious symbol. This is why the idea of suing to have it removed is preposterous.

While the conversation in this thread has mandered into and out of the implied religious aspects of the artifact, the thread in and of itself is not about religion.

DA BIG WURDS, THEY BURNZ US!!:crying:

I thought you were going monosyllabic in your future posts in this thread :):

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    LOL. I was going to fix it but you quoted it too quickly for me to unleash my inner ninja.

Last edited:

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    But for the record, please note that it was not the intent of the OP.

It not have been the intent in the first place, but quickly turned into a "theist vs atheist" debate....

@ Caleb.

See my comment above

DA BIG WURDS, THEY BURNZ US!!:crying:

I thought you were going monosyllabic in your future posts in this thread :):

Umm...sure. :popcorn:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    It not have been the intent in the first place, but quickly turned into a "theist vs atheist" debate....

Actually one of the most interesting sub-threads was the agnostic vs. atheist debate and the seemingly religious level of devotion that atheists have and how they feel the need to proselytize to non-atheists.

Caleb

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    Actually one of the most interesting sub-threads was the agnostic vs. atheist debate and the seemingly religious level of devotion that atheists have and how they feel the need to proselytize to non-atheists.

It may be so, however...

5) Religious and racially based threads of any nature are not allowed on INGunOwners.com.
    All Indiana Gun Owners should feel comfortable on this forum no matter their race, religion or color. Everyone is welcome here on INGO and should feel comfortable being associated with this site.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    They should be nailed to it!! they might get it then!!

I'd be one of those nailed to a cross, I'll tell you I surely wouldn't "get it" then.

The hatred coming from the most 'tolerant and loving' religion simply astounds me. This, is the exact reason why I'll never practice the faith again.

The argument of proselytizing is a moot point in general, the main reason being I can't stand proselytizing from any faith or lack there of. Why can't we simply be humans and be cool to one another regardless of creed?

After all the only difference between an Atheist and a Christian is the lack of belief in 1 LESS GOD.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I'd be one of those nailed to a cross, I'll tell you I surely wouldn't "get it" then.

The hatred coming from the most 'tolerant and loving' religion simply astounds me. This, is the exact reason why I'll never practice the faith again.

The argument of proselytizing is a moot point in general, the main reason being I can't stand proselytizing from any faith or lack there of. Why can't we simply be humans and be cool to one another regardless of creed?

After all the only difference between an Atheist and a Christian is the lack of belief in 1 LESS GOD.

So...you are rightly disgusted at those of any religion who take the moral high ground and act all holier-than-thou despite being horrendous hypocrites. But then you say you can't stand proselytizing from people whose entire life is meant to be lived as a way of leading others to Christ and bringing glory to Him. Would you prefer that they be bigger hypocrites and cease proselytizing? I am confused :dunno:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom