• Status
    Not open for further replies.

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    So...you are rightly disgusted at those of any religion who take the moral high ground and act all holier-than-thou despite being horrendous hypocrites. But then you say you can't stand proselytizing from people whose entire life is meant to be lived as a way of leading others to Christ and bringing glory to Him. Would you prefer that they be bigger hypocrites and cease proselytizing? I am confused :dunno:

Yes, I'd rather them keep their mouths shut I don't want to hear any of it from Xtians or Atheists. Berating someone over their creed is nonsense, if someone want's be bring people to a magic man in the sky so be it but I'm not falling for it.

This isn't the first time I've seen this 'nailed them to a cross routine', I'm sure the Xtians in Nero's day didn't enjoy the persecution, nor did any victims of Christain wrath. You guys are the bane of your own cause and don't even see it.

P.S

1LXA1.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Yes, I'd rather them keep their mouths shut I don't want to hear any of it from Xtians or Atheists. Berating someone over their creed is nonsense, if someone want's be bring people to a magic man in the sky so be it but I'm not falling for it.

This isn't the first time I've seen this 'nailed them to a cross routine', I'm sure the Xtians in Nero's day didn't enjoy the persecution, nor did any victims of Christain wrath. You guys are the bane of your own cause and don't even see it.

But your own desires are contradictory: you want people to stop being hypocrites and at the same time would rather that they be hypocrites.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

P.S
    So, insensitive, disgusting posts from some who claim to be Christians, mean ALL are suspect.

Kinda like how antigunners lump all gun owners into one group when a thug shoots someone for, say, a drug deal gone bad? :dunno:

Yes, I'd rather them keep their mouths shut I don't want to hear any of it from Gun-owners or non-gun-owners. Berating someone over their rights is nonsense, if someone want's to bring people to the range to introduce them to the realities of gun ownership, so be it but I'm not falling for it.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    entirely off topic, but I just realized his name was misconfig. The entire time I've been here I thought it was msconfig. Not sure if that's dyslexia or illiteracy.

:n00b:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    So, insensitive, disgusting posts from some who claim to be Christians, mean ALL are suspect.

Kinda like how antigunners lump all gun owners into one group when a thug shoots someone for, say, a drug deal gone bad? :dunno:

Well said...I for one didn't see one single post that was from a "Christian."

After coming home from a hot day of work an reading these last several posts I've laughed so hard I feel like a new man!!!! :ingo: Rocks!!!! Thanks guys!!!:patriot:

Silverado

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    So...you are rightly disgusted at those of any religion who take the moral high ground and act all holier-than-thou despite being horrendous hypocrites. But then you say you can't stand proselytizing from people whose entire life is meant to be lived as a way of leading others to Christ and bringing glory to Him. Would you prefer that they be bigger hypocrites and cease proselytizing? I am confused :dunno:

Personally, I can't stand either type of person. Whether you consider yourself a hypocrite is an issue for you, not me, as I couldn't care less.

Leave me alone. I am perfectly capable of finding any answers that I am seeking on my own. Or maybe I'm not, because the truth is possibly unknowable in this lifetime. Either way, I don't want or need to participate in your fantasy.

Your arrogance in thinking that you've figured out the mystery of life and only you or your ilk can lead me to "salvation" is disgusting to me. For every crackpot who thinks he has the answer, there are 100 other crackpots thumping on the exact same book with a completely different interpretation of "the answer." Not to mention the millions of other crackpots thumping on completely different books halfway around the world, with exactly the same fervor.

Why this thread has not been closed or deleted by the mods is beyond me, as it clearly religious in intent, mentioning a cross and atheists in the very title of the thread in the first post, and following up with a call to nail non-believers to a cross in post #3.

As long as proselytizing (harassment) is allowed on this board, I will answer it with common sense and logic. I didn't join a gun forum to discuss the intricacies of fairy tales that speak of talking snakes and every species of animal in the world being within walking distance of Noah's house. You think a rainbow is a sign from god, and I say it's sunlight refracting though droplets of water. Let's just talk about guns or something, mmmkay?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom