• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I looked in to a system called flash fog. Although it is really cool and will screw you up when it goes off it is just way out of my budget right now. It is a pretty affective system though.

I love this system and I am sorry that you are having all the problems even with what seems like safety glass they still aren't dissuaded. Maybe you could deter them with some smoke bombs on a trip wire. I don't think that would technically qualify you for any trouble but it may dissuade them. Or for that matter they make trip wires that take 12 gauge blanks, I am not in the habit of stealing things but a 12 gauge in a 4 inch barrel would be loud enough to make me skidaddle and probably buy new underwear.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    Talk to melensdad about the 3M film that he has on the windows for the cigar shops. He was telling us that this is the same stuff that is used on the windows of the US embassies. It is supposed to be designed to stop the smash and grab artist along with everything else.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Sorry to hear about this..
    After spending thousands on repairs etc, would it be cheaper to have an armed guard there at nite?

Oh, and what's with the McDs signage? Are they hassling you?

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Talk to melensdad about the 3M film that he has on the windows for the cigar shops. He was telling us that this is the same stuff that is used on the windows of the US embassies. It is supposed to be designed to stop the smash and grab artist along with everything else.
    ^^^^^^THIS^^^^^

I have it on my house windows. It won't stop a truck or a bullet but if installed properly it will stop a basic smash and grab.

The glass still breaks but is held in place by the plastic film, just like a car windshield. Although you said you had a metal security gate behind the window so it might not be needed. but it would make cleanup easier. *EDIT* here's the link about it. *EDIT*

Sorry this happened hope they find the jacka** that did this and put him under the jail.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Suspect vehicle has been identified..
    hamburger-harley.jpg
    robble robble robble

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Looking over your photos, I would highly suggest bigger alarm stickers. The yellow sticker appears to be an alarm sticker, but it looks shorter than my Brinks stickers. Also, it appears to have a lot of wording in it for the size. Lastly, the sticker looks almost similar to a permit type sticker. In the end, if this is an intoxicated person, the sticker might not matter anyway.

The only thing I can suggest is metal gates of some kind on the outside. Maybe something that is simple and secured with padlocks...something that could be easily fixed if messed up??

Hopefully word will get around that it isn't even worth it to try to get into your store.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Looking over your photos, I would highly suggest bigger alarm stickers. The yellow sticker appears to be an alarm sticker, but it looks shorter than my Brinks stickers. Also, it appears to have a lot of wording in it for the size. Lastly, the sticker looks almost similar to a permit type sticker. In the end, if this is an intoxicated person, the sticker might not matter anyway.

The only thing I can suggest is metal gates of some kind on the outside. Maybe something that is simple and secured with padlocks...something that could be easily fixed if messed up??

Hopefully word will get around that it isn't even worth it to try to get into your store.

If I am not mistaken the rolltops may be more expensive in the long run, perf steel however might be viable and in partnership with the 3M film may keep the glass intact.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    I have someone coming by to look in to putting up lexan in front of the glass. They would have a heck of a time getting through the lexan, then if they get past that they still have the glass and the steel roll up.
    To beat all I was hooking up additional security camers today. The cables were not long enough. I left to go get more cable. I came back and noticed my cabes were missing. I thought someone was messing with me. Ask the guys where the cables are and no one knows. I climb up on the roof and sure enough while I was gone someone came by and yanked all the camera cables down and stole thm in broad daylight. I am at wits end when it comes to thieves.

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    That sucks, and I'm sure that in no small part it may be related to the problems you are having with the neighbors.

A lot of good advice has been given so far. As far as night time security, is it possible to install some motion sensitive lights? I have these on our home as a first ring of defense. Hopefully in the dead of night, the would be burgler is startled and encouraged to flee when a light is beaming right down on him.

If nothing else it may attract the attention of passers by. The downside is it might pickup regular street and pedestrian traffic and in turn run up your electric bill as a result of being on all night.

Just a thought....and hope all quiets down for you. :yesway:

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    Maybe install some motion lights right at the door so if someone came walking up to smash the window, the lights would scare them and illuminate their faces for the camera.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Man, I understand your frustration. My parents business gets broken into every couple years. Usually they just steal the coins from the arcade games, but last time they stole the change machine, all cash registers, and the new laptop. Rather frustrating. I hate lazy people that would rather steal from those that work for what they got.

Can we have a burglar hunt at your shop? 2-4 members a night get to camp out and wait for the idiots? You could make it a reality show, sell it to some tv network, andmake a ton of cash, haha!

In all seriousness, I hope this crap stops for ya man.

-MColford

Integraholic

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    At home
    That sucks, and I'm sure that in no small part it may be related to the problems you are having with the neighbors.

A lot of good advice has been given so far. As far as night time security, is it possible to install some motion sensitive lights? I have these on our home as a first ring of defense. Hopefully in the dead of night, the would be burgler is startled and encouraged to flee when a light is beaming right down on him.

If nothing else it may attract the attention of passers by. The downside is it might pickup regular street and pedestrian traffic and in turn run up your electric bill as a result of being on all night.

Just a thought....and hope all quiets down for you. :yesway:
    Wow, how'd I miss this? :scratch:

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    OK, curiosity is really getting the best of me, will someone please explain to me what is going on with the McDonalds? lol
    Long story. They don't have anything to do with the break ins. Although several of them happened during a time when they were open and of course no one saw nothing. The thread explaining the other issue may or may not come back. Not sure.

Indyvet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Man, I understand your frustration. My parents business gets broken into every couple years. Usually they just steal the coins from the arcade games, but last time they stole the change machine, all cash registers, and the new laptop. Rather frustrating. I hate lazy people that would rather steal from those that work for what they got.

Can we have a burglar hunt at your shop? 2-4 members a night get to camp out and wait for the idiots? You could make it a reality show, sell it to some tv network, andmake a ton of cash, haha!

In all seriousness, I hope this crap stops for ya man.

-MColford
    Man that would be awesome. I am ready to declare open season on all theives and criminals. Especially after today when my camera cables got pulled off the roof as they were hanging when I was installing new cameras to deter theives. Stealing in broad daylight. I swear they need to pass a law, you catch someone stealing or breaking in somewhere, they are fair game and firea away. These people are contributing in no way, shape, form, or fashion to society. Let's be like some of these countries where they cut their hands off or execute them for stealing. I have had it. It would save the taxpayers and the people who get stolen from.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Long story. They don't have anything to do with the break ins. Although several of them happened during a time when they were open and of course no one saw nothing. The thread explaining the other issue may or may not come back. Not sure.

Gotcha, thanks!

Top Bottom