• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    A couple of times at Tri-County DBR range, I had guys handling their rifles while I was down range setting up new targets. I've been barrel sweeped with loaded 12 guage shotguns.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    If you are a member of the club where I shoot-------you have been given--a set of rules---and a 1 hour orientation speech---and there are rules posted all over the covered firing line----------I guess I am a range(grouch)officer-------a minor infraction("cease fire")and you dont clear your firearm and put it down,I will politely give you a warning------handle the FIREARM while someone is downrange(dont give a dam if its cleared,and you are putting away)--I will yell at you----------fire a firearm while cease fire has been called(and all persons have heard the command)you will lose your electronic key......refuse to leave when ordered to do so,you will have to explain to the Sheriff

"cease fire"-----to be obeyed without question------period-----------I am the guy with the orange hat that says "RSO"( RANGE SAFETY OFFICER)---I WILL make the range as safe as I possibly can for everyone

next time you see me at the range --just ask,I will give you my pay for being a RSO-----------oh wait,I VOLUNTEER MY TIME to help keep the range safe

tallend:popcorn:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    If you are a member of the club where I shoot-------you have been given--a set of rules---and a 1 hour orientation speech---and there are rules posted all over the covered firing line----------I guess I am a range(grouch)officer-------a minor infraction("cease fire")and you dont clear your firearm and put it down,I will politely give you a warning------handle the FIREARM while someone is downrange(dont give a dam if its cleared,and you are putting away)--I will yell at you----------fire a firearm while cease fire has been called(and all persons have heard the command)you will lose your electronic key......refuse to leave when ordered to do so,you will have to explain to the Sheriff

"cease fire"-----to be obeyed without question------period-----------I am the guy with the orange hat that says "RSO"( RANGE SAFETY OFFICER)---I WILL make the range as safe as I possibly can for everyone

next time you see me at the range --just ask,I will give you my pay for being a RSO-----------oh wait,I VOLUNTEER MY TIME to help keep the range safe

tallend:popcorn:

Yeah I get all of that and I agree....
    This guy wasn't affiliated he was just another SD with a control complex.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I would rather deal with the range nazi than the guy who took basic during 'Nam and therefore doesn't have to follow safe handling. He grew up watching cowboys on television twirl pistols on their fingers, so by god he's going to do that too.

He's the same guy who is too busy running his trap to put on his hearing pro when the line goes hot, then scrambles for his hearing pro and gives you a ****ty look when you start shooting the big guns.

He's also the same guy who is using his rifle scope to check his targets when you're down range changing targets. When you tell him to put the rifle down, he will assure you that 1: "it's unloaded" and 2: "I was in the army half a century ago, so it's ok".

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    I don't go to public ranges very often, and when I have I thankfully haven't seen any range Nazis. I probably wouldn't notice it too much between gunfire and hearing protection unless he was right next to me or near me.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Maybe someone forgot to tell you. The word "public" is synonymous with a**hat, at least sometimes.

Try working with the public. The "Nazi's" aren't only at the range.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I wis I could just let it all slide down my back. But I gotta admit the current rso clown culture is getting old. My local range had one that I'm pretty sure
    Got fired. He liked to check out and touch the ladies.
    I almost skull ****ed one at atterbury a few years ago.
    I cannot stand shooting at a range where the RO is all up in my ****. If I see some fag point his gun at me I'm gonna scream at him and depending on his reaction is if he gets thumped or not period.
    Having someone stand over me shouting when I shoot just makes it a terrible experience. The last time me and my buddy wentto atterburry this last year the RO felt he needed to micro manage everything. I am a very safe shooter but also respectful of rules and tolerant of annoying people for a bit, but this clown had me about ready to kick him in the face.
    anyone can become an RO its a trained monkey job. They can't teach personality traits though to people in a class. If your a dumb ass or a blank page then your gonna suck at any job where you interact with people

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom