• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Mine has been dropped (unloaded) and will not fire with the safety on. when dropped it didn't "click" and the safety functions as it is supposed to. It's one of the reasons I kept it. Safety is in the same spot and works like the 1911's I've had for years.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    My Tauri work well. I recently sent my 24/7 Pro DS Gen 1 in for service, and Taurus opted to replace it for free with a Gen 2. They said it was "unrepairable." I do not know if it was in the list of problem guns. It was manufactured in 2000. I bought it of another INGOer and ut about 1,000 rounds though it without problem. It would not fire with the safety engaged, but I never dropped it so I can't comment on that design flaw. I am wondering if this is the reason Taurus recently cut their prices on many of it most popular models.

What I have works fine. I will stand pat with them for the moment, but in the future I will look more closely at Springfield and Ruger.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    My Tauri work well. I recently sent my 24/7 Pro DS Gen 1 in for service, and Taurus opted to replace it for free with a Gen 2. They said it was "unrepairable." I do not know if it was in the list of problem guns. It was manufactured in 2000. I bought it of another INGOer and ut about 1,000 rounds though it without problem. It would not fire with the safety engaged, but I never dropped it so I can't comment on that design flaw. I am wondering if this is the reason Taurus recently cut their prices on many of it most popular models.

What I have works fine. I will stand pat with them for the moment, but in the future I will look more closely at Springfield and Ruger.

If you put 1k rounds through it without problem, why did you send it in for service?

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If you put 1k rounds through it without problem, why did you send it in for service?

Good point. I should have said I put about 1,000 rounds through it without a problem, but on my last range trip the trigger began sticking after a shot. It would not reset. I returned it to Taurus for warranty service, but they declined to repair it (called it "unrepairable). They offered to replace it with a new Gen 2 24/7, a model not included in this class action settlement.

I think Taurus is doing me a positive—a new gun in exchange for a fifteen year old one. Also, my original one lasted fifteen years—not bad for a low-priced pistol.

Overall, I have had mixed results with Taurus, but I did not expect perfection. I have had similar results with Glock, Remington and Ruger.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    I don't know what their revenue is like, but I sincerely hope this is a somewhat significant amount of money for them. Maybe they'll consider some R&D, and stop making complete piles of :poop:

Also, IB the Taurus apologists/the "I got a good one" crowd.

No you weren't. See Post # 3. YOU are Post # 4. :)

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    The list:
    "The settlement agreement covers nine Taurus models, including the PT-111 Millennium; PT-132 Millennium; PT-138 Millennium; PT-140 Millennium; PT-145 Millennium; PT-745 Millennium; PT-609; PT-640 and PT-24/7, Taurus says."

I have a G1 stainless PT 24/7 PRO 9mm (not sure if it includes PRO). I haven't run into a problem. This might be due to A.) I haven't dropped any firearm. B.) I don't use the safety (but just tested it and it worked).

I'll have to contact Taurus and see what they say and report back.

Appreciate the posting.

Basically copied and pasted this in a live chat. PRO is included as well as any other name tacked onto the model name.

Their response (pretty much what I guessed they would say):
    "In that case, what we can do & are offering is even if there is no function issue it is your choice but you can send in the firearm for warranty inspection."

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Two PT38s's, two PT911s, a PT945 and a PT1911 in both 45 and 38SA and not so much as a hiccup. But they're all pre 2007 and they're all made of METAL

ETA: They have hammers, too. Not a striker fire in the bunch.

Last edited:

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    My Taurus works perfectly. It hold the door open just fine, and when I need it to it works well for bottom fishing.

DanoFortWayne

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I have the slim line 709 and love it, I also have a xds but purchased the 709 after reading a single stack 9 comparo in a gun magazine and the 709 did very well. I thought I would give it a shot it was SOOOO inexpensive that I just could not pass it up and now I end up carrying it over the xds most days. Both guns shoot very well I just like the thumb safety on the taurus better than the system on the xds.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    PSA: Remember, the exclusion deadline is 12/14/15.

Carter v. Forjas Taurus, S.A., et al.

If you own one or more of the following “Class Pistols” : PT-111 Millennium; PT-132 Millennium; PT-138 Millennium; PT-140 Millennium; PT-145 Millennium; PT-745 Millennium; PT- 609; PT-640; and PT-24/7 pistols (including the “PRO” series of each of these models), you may be entitled to the settlement benefits below. The settlement does not include Taurus G2 model pistols.

• Settlement Payment Option – Settlement Class Members may elect to return their Class Pistol to the Taurus Companies and receive a payment of up to $200 per Class Pistol.
    • Enhanced Warranty – The Taurus Companies agree to modify their existing warranty for all Class Pistols to allow any owner to submit a warranty claim at any time.
      • The Class Pistol will be inspected by the Taurus Companies at no cost and repaired or replaced as necessary.
      • The Taurus Companies will pay all costs associated with this enhanced warranty, including but not limited to the cost of shipping to and from the Taurus Companies and the cost inspect the Class Pistol.
    • Safety Training – The Taurus Companies have produced special and particularized safety training addressing the operation and handling of class pistols.United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida Case No. 1:13-cv-24583-PAS

The fine print:
    Settlement Payment Option - Settlement Class Members may elect to return their Class Pistol to the Taurus Companies and receive a payment of up to $200 per Class Pistol. The Taurus Companies will pay shipping costs. The minimum payment if every Class Pistol were returned would be $31. The actual amount that you will receive will depend on the total number of Class Pistols returned. The amount of the cash payments will be based on the following schedule:

1. a) if less than 10,000 Class Pistols are returned, the payment for each returned Class Pistol shall be $200;b) if 10,001 to 20,000 Class Pistols are returned, the payment for each returned Class Pistol shall be $175;
      c) if 20,001 to 200,000 Class Pistols are returned, the payment for each returned Class Pistol shall be $150; and
      d) if more than 200,000 Class Pistols are returned, the payment for each returned Class Pistol shall be less than $150 and shall be equal to a $30 Million aggregate cap divided by the number of Class Pistols returned.

Will I know how much I will get when I send my Class Pistol back?
      You will not know the payment amount until after the deadline to return Class Pistols has passed and the exact number of Class Pistols returned for payment is known. If you return your Class Pistol for a payment, it will not be returned to you even if the payment amount is less than you want.
    https://www.tauruscartersettlement.com

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I've got two of them, one is a 24/7 OSS, which they don't make replacement for, and the other is a 24/7 compact 9mm, that I wouldn't mind trading in for a G2.

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I own a Taurus Judge and 45.
    When I inspected the 45. I noticed the slid was loose.
    I contacted Taurus. they sent me a return label.
    I could not be happier than I am with it now.
    beautiful grouping at 50 feet.
    The Judge i fired both 410 and 45 Colts. not the best for 50 feet.
    I thought the grip was small for the weapon.
    I contacted Taurus.
    They sent me a larger grip.
    It is a close support and i am satisfied with it now.
    I am very positive it will take down any one in my house.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    Taurus is providing zero help on this subject. All I want to do is ship one of my two 24/7 pistols down to Florida for inspection, and possible replacement. I've called, and chatted several times, but keep getting referred to the lawsuit website, which outlines the "enhanced warranty", but not how to take advantage of it.

What a joke, hopefully I don't accidentally drop my gun, and shoot myself.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    This is such old news.
    And the article is terrible.

The original Taurus Millennium had some serious issues with the firing mechanism and everyone knew it.
    Which was subsequently corrected with following models (Millennium Pro).
    Interesting that the pic on the article is NOT one of the included models.
    GVO_tauruslawsuit_cal715.jpg
    This is one of the newest PT111 Millennium Pro models which is NOT on the list.
    They must have hired some NY Times staff writer to do this article.

Top Bottom