• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    My model 85 REVOLVER, is just fine, thank you !!!!!

I was going to buy a 4" Model 85 at Rural King last weekend; they had them on sale for $339.00, but their gun cabinet in Kokomo looked like a ghost town, people must be in a buying frenzy again. I called Logansport too, and they were also sold out.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I was going to buy a 4" Model 85 at Rural King last weekend; they had them on sale for $339.00, but their gun cabinet in Kokomo looked like a ghost town, people must be in a buying frenzy again. I called Logansport too, and they were also sold out.

I love mine, 3" bbl., and use it as a bug, or sometimes as edc, depending on attire .....

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    so I tried throwing mine on the floor to see if it would fire (obviously unloaded). No matter how I tried, couldn't get it to go. I guess I "got good one" then. Good thing, I like having 11rds of .45acp in that small package. Now if I could just get some more 12-rd mags cheaply.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    It's funny I read and saw the original story and video about the Brazilian police turning in every 24/7 pro they had because they fired on there own. I actually called Taurus back in May and specifically asked about the safety of accidental discharge. They checked my serial number and said " Nope, no issues. You sure I asked because I've seen some stories? Nope they are safe, your fine." Then this came out. Scary.

MuttX7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2015
    Monroe County
    I have a PT-111 G2 and its a great little gun for the price. I have been following the recall because it was announced around the time I bought my G2 and I wanted to be sure my gun wasn't one of the ones in the recall. There is a thread over on the TaurusArmed forum where people post when they sent their gun in and when they get it back.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I know there was another thread on this somewhere that had a lot more discussion, but now I don't see it.

Here is a copy of the email I received about a week ago on this:

This message is an update on the class action filed with the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, in Chris P. Carter v. Forjas Taurus S.A., Taurus International Manufacturing, Inc., and Taurus Holdings, Inc., Case No. 1:13-CV-24583-PAS
    On July 22, 2016, the Court entered an order granting final approval of the settlement. Under the law, those who filed objections have 30 days to file an appeal. To date, at least one appeal has been filed. The appeals process must conclude before the claims period can begin. Additional updates, including the finalized schedule and how to submit a claim, will be provided as soon as the appeals process is concluded.
    Please continue to check the settlement website at www.tauruscartersettlement.com for additional information and how to submit a claim.

Taurus Class Action
    Claims Administrator
    c/o Heffler Claims Group
    PO Box 230
    Philadelphia, PA 19107-0230
    1-844-528-0180

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I know there was another thread on this somewhere that had a lot more discussion, but now I don't see it.

Here is a copy of the email I received about a week ago on this:

This message is an update on the class action filed with the United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, in Chris P. Carter v. Forjas Taurus S.A., Taurus International Manufacturing, Inc., and Taurus Holdings, Inc., Case No. 1:13-CV-24583-PAS
    On July 22, 2016, the Court entered an order granting final approval of the settlement. Under the law, those who filed objections have 30 days to file an appeal. To date, at least one appeal has been filed. The appeals process must conclude before the claims period can begin. Additional updates, including the finalized schedule and how to submit a claim, will be provided as soon as the appeals process is concluded.
    Please continue to check the settlement website at www.tauruscartersettlement.com for additional information and how to submit a claim.

Taurus Class Action
    Claims Administrator
    c/o Heffler Claims Group
    PO Box 230
    1-844-528-0180

What a joke, no more Taurus's for me.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Class Action Suit settled.....got this email today:

Reference #: 3081703PG2QJ4
    Class Members may start filing claims on October 9, 2017.
    You are receiving this email because you registered on www.tauruscartersettlement.com to receive updates about the class action settlement involving certain pistols manufactured by Taurus. The Settlement has been finally approved and benefits are now available to Settlement Class Members. You may start filing claims on October 9, 2017. The claims period will run through February 6, 2018.
    Claim forms may be filed online at www.tauruscartersettlement.com.
    If you do not wish to file a claim online, you may obtain a claims packet by mail. To get your claims packet, contact the Settlement Administrator at 1-844-528-0180, or send a letter to:
    Taurus Class Action
    Claims Administrator
    c/o Heffler Claims Group
    PO Box 230
    Eligible Settlement Class Members have options:

1. Cash Payment: From October 9, 2017 - February 6, 2018, you can file a claim for a cash payment. Upon processing your claim and shipping your Class Pistol back to Taurus, you will receive up to $200 depending upon the number of claims submitted. You will not be charged for the cost of shipping your Class Pistol. Your Class Pistol must be shipped pursuant to the instructions available on the Settlement Website.
    2. Enhanced Warranty: You may send your Class Pistol to the Taurus Companies at no cost to have your Class Pistol inspected by the Taurus Companies to address the alleged safety defects. Your Class Pistol will be repaired or replaced at the expense of the Taurus Companies subject to certain state law requirements described below. There is no time limit to take advantage of this benefit. A separate claim form must be completed for each Class Pistol claimed.
    3. Safety Training: Special and particularized safety training addressing the proper operation and handling of Class Pistols is available online at www.tauruscartersettlement.com, or you can request a printed copy by contacting the Settlement Administrator at 1-844-528-0180 or Chris P. Carter v. Forjas Taurus S.A., c/o Heffler Claims Group, PO Box 230, Philadelphia, PA 19107-0230. Safety Training is an additional benefit available to all Settlement Class Members.
    Complete details on the relief available to Settlement Class Members are found on www.tauruscartersettlement.com.
    In connection with the Enhanced Warranty, local and state laws may prohibit the shipment of certain Taurus Class Pistols and comparable G2 model pistols based upon magazine capacity and other restrictions.
    These restrictions currently include:

• California, Massachusetts and the District of Columbia prohibit the shipment of Taurus Class Pistols and comparable G2 model pistols into their borders.
    • Colorado and New Jersey prohibit the transfer of guns with magazines that accept more than fifteen (15) rounds. See Colo. Rev. Stat. § 18-12-301, et seq. and N.J. Stat. Ann. § 2C-39-1y.
    • Connecticut, Hawaii, and New York prohibit the transfer of guns with magazines that accept more than ten (10) rounds. See Conn. Gen. Stat. § 53-202p(a), et seq., Haw. Rev. Stat. Ann. § 134-8(c), and N.Y. Law § 265.02.
    • Maryland prohibits the transfer of guns that are not on the state’s roster of approved firearms. See Md. Code Ann. Pub. Safety § 5-405.
    • While Illinois has no current restrictions, such transfer is prohibited by the Municipality of Cook County, Illinois, as well as the cities of Chicago, Aurora, and Highland Park. See Chi. Mun. Code § 8-20-2010, et seq., Cook Co. Code of Ord. 1-54-III-4 § 54-210, et seq., Aurora Code of Ord. § 29-49, and Highland Park Code, XIII § 134.010(c), et. set.
    Laws and regulations on these issues are constantly changing. Please consult your current local and state laws.
    Applying for a cash payment or utilizing the Enhanced Warranty both involve shipping your Class Pistol to Taurus and each state has specific laws and regulations for the shipment of firearms. It is the Settlement Class Member’s responsibility to research the requirements for your state. Settlement Class Members can obtain detailed instructions for proper shipping and handling at www.tauruscartersettlement.com, or call 1-844-528-0180.
    All Class Members are required to view a packing safety video on the website before shipping a Class Pistol to the Taurus Companies. Your Class Pistol must be shipped pursuant to the instructions available on the Settlement Website and Fedex shipping requirements. The Settlement Administrator will mail these shipping instructions to Settlement Class Members who do not have access to a computer.
    DO NOT SHIP Class Pistols without careful review of your state’s laws and regulations for shipment of firearms. Class Pistols designated for shipment must be UNLOADED.
    Please visit www.tauruscartersettlement.com, or call 1-844-528-0180, if you need more information.

Taurus Class Action Claims Administrator | c/o Heffler Claims Group | P.O. Box 230 | Philadelphia | PA 19107-0230

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    Mine is a PT145. I think I paid $250 for it so I hate to take the $200. I actually like shooting it and since it was cheap, don't mind if it gets some marks on it so is good for around the yard or in my truck. Unfortunately, I get a lot of fail to feed issues with it so I would like them to go through it and if they can't fix the issues, replacement would be fine. I haven't carried it due to the unreliability and have just been waiting to see what the outcome was of this suit. I'll have to discuss it with my husband and see what he wants to do.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I gave up on the idea a getting my two 24/7's replaced with G2's. I'll just keep mine as stash guns since they function fine; I'll just use the decocker to eliminate the drop risk.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    Second paragraph of the original article:
    [FONT=&quot]According to court documents filed May 15 in a U.S. District Court in Florida, the company has agreed to pay up to $30 million to owners of nine separate handgun models who opt to send their pistols back, with owners receiving anywhere from $150 to $200 for their pistols depending on how many choose that option.
    $150 to $200 for any handgun is cheap how can they get by with this?

[/FONT]

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I have a PT145 and a PT111. No way would I sell them for $150-200 each. I've never had a problem with either one. I'd rather have them replace the gun than settle for their offer. I plan on keeping mine. I do have a PT140pro I might send in and see if they'll replace it. It has a lot of finish wear, never had a problem with it so hesitant to send it in and maybe get a replacement that has problems.

Top Bottom