• mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I have a PT145 and a PT111. No way would I sell them for $150-200 each. I've never had a problem with either one. I'd rather have them replace the gun than settle for their offer. I plan on keeping mine. I do have a PT140pro I might send in and see if they'll replace it. It has a lot of finish wear, never had a problem with it so hesitant to send it in and maybe get a replacement that has problems.

I love shooting the PT145 but the issues I have with it make me consider sending it in. We've tried cleaning it really well, but I want to try some different ammo to see if that makes a difference before doing anything with the recall. I am very accurate with that gun and it is a nice size for carrying.

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I love shooting the PT145 but the issues I have with it make me consider sending it in. We've tried cleaning it really well, but I want to try some different ammo to see if that makes a difference before doing anything with the recall. I am very accurate with that gun and it is a nice size for carrying.

I haven't had any problems with mine other than when I shot some 1943 army surplus ammo and the primers were so hard I had to pull the trigger twice on must to get it to fire. Didn't have a problem firing it in my Glock 30s though.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I haven't had any problems with mine other than when I shot some 1943 army surplus ammo and the primers were so hard I had to pull the trigger twice on must to get it to fire. Didn't have a problem firing it in my Glock 30s though.

Good to hear. I bought mine used a few years ago and didn't have any issues with it until I had put quite a few rounds through it. Cleaned it good and it started doing it again after putting about three mags through it. I've been using Winchester ammo so I'll have to try something else and see what it does.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I submitted the claim the other day after getting the email saying the final date to be included in the class action deal was Feb. 6th. I opted to go with the lifetime warranty rather than the $200 cash. If they can repair my pistol, I'll be happy with that. If not, they will replace it with a comparable model new gun. Mine still has issues with jamming so I haven't carried it for quite a while anyway. I'd rather have something I can use than a paperweight.

Fed Ex picked it up Thursday and it is in Florida pending delivery on Tuesday to Taurus so I'll see how long it takes to get it back and what they end up doing with it.

BrianT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2017
    Butlerville
    They will offer you a PT111 or a .38 revolver. They seem to be hurting since this settlement. I have an original 24/7 .40 cal I have considered sending in and exchanging for a PT111

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    I have / had a 24/7 that I sent in the day after they opened up to accept returns. Opted for the life time warranty. I show they received it / processed it and status was showing completed. Still waiting. I called and was told they are still processing it. Not sure, 2 months now? Prepare to wait.

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    I still like my stainless PT 24/7 Pro 9mm. I do need a new grip frame (the ribbing is old & cracking off) and I should replace the weakening spring from usage. I'm still figuring out which route I want to go considering the math.

A little nostalgia:

http://youtu.be/X1xgWFHCJ8s

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I had not heard of the settlement before now. I have a PT1911 which looks to not be one of the covered/problem pistols, good to know.

I guess this is another example of how the PLCAA keeps arms manufacturers from being held liable for their dangerous products...:whistle:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    They will offer you a PT111 or a .38 revolver. They seem to be hurting since this settlement. I have an original 24/7 .40 cal I have considered sending in and exchanging for a PT111

Is there a PT111 that is a .45? If they are sending me a comparable pistol, it should at least be the same caliber, no?? When I google that model, it comes up as a 9mm.

Mine is there now as delivery confirmation shows it delivered and signed for. I got an email from them about an hour ago with a subject line of "warranty repair service order" with no attachment and no text in the message itself. It was an automated message so I'm not sure if that means they have started to process it.

jfw46544

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Hot Springs Village, AR
    I have a 24/7 OSS that I picked up a few years ago. Paid about $475 for it. Sent in for the recall 6 -8 weeks ago. I got a voice message Tuesday to call with the reference number left. After 1 hr 45 min. on hold, their rep. Tells me $200 or a PT111 which their MSRP is $319. No other choice. I told them this was total unsatisfactory. They said this was approved by the court. I told them it was unsatisfactory again and I did not accept their offer. Hung up. Emailed them and asked to have the OSS returned to me. Have not heard anything back.

Moral of the story.

Never buy a Taurus firearm.

flightsimmer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    S.E. Indy
    G1 models only. G2's not affected.

I looked at new PT111 G2 the other day at a local gun store with hopes of buying it but the trigger kept locking up on it.
    It's a shame because it only takes one bad gun to ruin a reputation and a million to make it good.
    My stainless Taurus M85 revolver is superb.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I guess I need to do a bit of research but is the PT111 in a .45 caliber or just a 9 mm? I sent back a .45 and if they replace it, I believe a comparable gun should at least be the same caliber. I only paid a little over $200 for mine used so if they are going to send me junk, I'd probably just tell them to send me the cash if given that option. That wasn't what I opted for thru the settlement web site though so I'm not sure how that works.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I guess I need to do a bit of research but is the PT111 in a .45 caliber or just a 9 mm? I sent back a .45 and if they replace it, I believe a comparable gun should at least be the same caliber. I only paid a little over $200 for mine used so if they are going to send me junk, I'd probably just tell them to send me the cash if given that option. That wasn't what I opted for thru the settlement web site though so I'm not sure how that works.

Like stated above, your choices are a 9mm PT111, or up to $200.

Great customer service Taurus.

swmp9jrm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2008
    NCO
    Good luck to all of you - I had a PT145 that I (along with a lot of others) decided to send back to Taurus very early in this class action process. I sent my gun back in August of 2015 with the promise that there would be a resolution in 'a few months'. In December of 2016 - yes, that's about 17 months from when I sent it back - after many, many chats with Taurus customer service, they offered me a PT809 to replace my PT145. So, 9mm to replace a .45ACP (they said they did not plan to make ANY .45ACP guns in 2017) and a full size to replace a compact. Basically, I think those of us who sent guns back early were given a choice of whatever they had in inventory when they got tired of having us ranting and raving on the chats. Glad I didn't get stuck with the 'up to $200 cash' option, although the 809 was selling for only a few dollars more than that when it was still available. I do not plan on buying another Taurus firearm - fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, I'm an idiot.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    In looking at their site, the only .45 caliber guns I saw were 1911's. I don't anticipate that being offered, but I wouldn't hesitate to push for one. :):

If a 9mm is my only choice, I need to read more reviews on the PT111 before I make that decision. My gun I sent in was used when I bought it, and I paid $269 for it so the cash might be as good as it gets if the replacement guns suck. The one I sent back was basically a paperweight at this point as it jammed too much for me to feel comfortable carrying it. When it shot, I really liked shooting it and was very accurate with it, but I need a gun that I can count on to shoot when I need it!

Top Bottom